My P3P will not hover after crash. IMU/compass has been recalibrated several times HELP before I just dump it!

Reaction score
So there was this very cool shelf cloud near my house. I went up just straight and got a fairly decent picture of it, but for one reason or another, I landed and then thought I would go back up and get video. Well, this was one fast-moving storm and the next thing you know my P3P was out of my sight. I hit the RTH button because I couldn't see the drone anywhere. It crashed as it was trying to return but the wind was just too much and it was several blocks away but I found it easily. The shell was damaged so I bought a new one and put it all back together only now it will not hover at all, which makes it very hard to land and useless for photography. I have reset/recalibrated the IMU and compass several times now. Is there anything else I can do to salvage my P3P? It moves forward not side to side or backward when hovering. I can move it in any direction with the joysticks so it still is receiving those commands. It just will not hover.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Welcome to the Forum!
You have been a member since 2015, and this is your first post?

#1 Any error messages when you are trying to fly?
#2 Have you calibrated the remote?

"It moves forward not side to side or backward when hovering. I can move it in any direction with the joysticks so it still is receiving those commands. It just will not hover."

This really is confusing to me, is it moving forward on its own, without using the sticks?

Rod

Reactions: Oso
Welcome to the Forum!
You have been a member since 2015, and this is your first post?

#1 Any error messages when you are trying to fly?
#2 Have you calibrated the remote?

"It moves forward not side to side or backward when hovering. I can move it in any direction with the joysticks so it still is receiving those commands. It just will not hover."

This really is confusing to me, is it moving forward on its own, without using the sticks?

Rod
I guass I better read up on how to calibrate the remote. No error messages.

Reactions: RodPad
Give us an update when you can, I'm really lost on your first post, are you getting satellite lock or in the ATTI mode, etc.

Rod

Give us an update when you can, I'm really lost on your first post, are you getting satellite lock or in the ATTI mode, etc.

Rod
It finds 12 or more Satellites. It will not hover in a steady hover, it moves forward as soon as it takes off.

If you are using DJI-Go which I assume, you can play back your flight from your mobile device, and there is option to show your stick movements. Basically you can see what the remote is sending to the Phantom.

If you can get your flight log from your mobile device, upload it to this website: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
There are instructions on that website.

You can then share the the results, the URL page back here I and others can view and figure out what is going on.

There are probably 20 members watching this thread... Waiting for more information (details) from you, before they jump in.

#1 Status messages on your mobile device, OK to Fly, Atti, F-GPS?
#2 Post a screen shot from your mobile, showing the Status.

"it moves forward as soon as it takes off. "
#3 Are you using DJI-Go to do a Auto-Take off?
If Yes, why?

Rod

Turn on your remote only. Then plug in your phone or tablet to it. Open DjiGo. Click on the remote icon and select calibrate remote.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen