P3 Crash - Seeking Advice

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My P3 lost GPS lock and a gust of wind blew it into a tree. The drone fell 40 feet onto a curb which cracked a propeller, bent the gimbal arm and damaged the landing gear near the compass PCB. I put it back together to the best of my abilities. When I power it up, I get the four beeps but the gimbal doesn't do its power up movement and the controller does not seem to connect. While it was powered up, I plugged the drone into my laptop via the USB connector and it does seem to connect. When I do the power down sequence on the drone, the four LEDs go down but the red LED on the power button flashes for 15 seconds. Do any the good members of the community have any advice on my next steps. I am heartbroken. Can I do any further troubleshooting? Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:
I cannot offer any advice. However, I will offer my heartfelt sympathy. It's an extremely difficult thing to watch something you've spent so much money on crash. Much less see that it isn't working after doing some basic repairs.

Good luck to you!

Reactions: Edward Walker
I cannot offer any advice. However, I will offer my heartfelt sympathy. It's an extremely difficult thing to watch something you've spent so much money on crash. Much less see that it isn't working after doing some basic repairs.

Good luck to you!
Thank you BlackHawk. I am hoping that someone who is experienced in technical troubleshooting these types of issue may be able to help.

Gimbal ribbon cable is back in place? Have you done an IMU calibration and a rebind of your controller to the bird?
The ribbon cable is in place, but I am not sure how to rebind the controller. I haven't been able to find the correct documentation on how to do so.

I would definitely turn everything off and back on and do a IMU calibration and all other calibrations and see if that helps. Because of the impact it took. Best of luck!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this helps you on the IMU calibration

Hi everyone, I was able to get my P3 flying again. The main issue was a short in the vision position sensor. Once I disconnected it, everything started working again. I would like to thank you all for your help and for your moral support.

Hi everyone, I was able to get my P3 flying again. The main issue was a short in the vision position sensor. Once I disconnected it, everything started working again. I would like to thank you all for your help and for your moral support.

That's good, glad you got your Phantom flying again. Are you going to be able to get another vision position sensor? Have you been able to check yet?

That's good, glad you got your Phantom flying again. Are you going to be able to get another vision position sensor? Have you been able to check yet?
Hi Jbundy, They aren't available yet but I will order one when they become available. The pricelist that DJI published said that they will cost $95 USD.

Hi Edward, well that's good. I know it has to suck having that happen [emoji16] Stay away from those trees [emoji724] and safe flying[emoji576]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.