if litchi is wifi controlled then I would imagine it was interference with other 2.4G wifi networks. I don't know much about litchi but i do like their interface. And its disappointing to hear that a $20 app has connectivity issues that are subpar to the dji go app.

As far as this case is concerned, Litchi displays, clearly, waypoint by waypoint, elevations that the user has to OK before the mission begins. Another case of someone skipping past pertinent information and essentially blaming others for it. Not so trusting of what.....the app/Phantom to do exactly as you told it to! For future, it's a really good failsafe to check the altitudes(scrolling if necessary) before initiating the mission.
The ios version has no such mission summary to ok. As long as you're up high enough to start a mission it asks if it's ok to start and that's it. No waypoint review to ok. I suppose that's coming at some point.

The ios version has no such mission summary to ok. As long as you're up high enough to start a mission it asks if it's ok to start and that's it. No waypoint review to ok. I suppose that's coming at some point.
Didn't know that! I've been a very happy user of Litchi Android for many months now and one of the most useful checks is the waypoint altitude summary that automatically pops up when you start a mission. It is very easy to make a mistake and I really wouldn't be comfortable without it.The iOS version just doesn't sound finished to me.

Reactions: ScatSpeak
The only unexplained issue that I can see from reading the thread is the beeping from the Tx. I wonder if that would be as a result of inactivity on the Tx. I know that they start beeping after 10 minutes if they are left switched on and put away in the case, for example.
Good point. The beeping indicates some error. In this case it is not due to RC inactivity, because it was connected to the AC.
It very well could be some HW failure of the AC or RC. Because OP has had problems before.
Tclarck333, if you can prove this, DJI might compensate any damage. Check earlier logs for abnormalities. Why did it go to RTH mode?
Suc6!
I hope DJI also covers HW failures in case of a 3rd App. Does anyone have experience with this?

No kidding! Well I apologize for that comment then. Man, I love Litchi and I'm sure the creator is hard at work improving it all the time but it really is fragmented. Totally different interface again on the computer. Thanks for letting me know this.

if litchi is wifi controlled then I would imagine it was interference with other 2.4G wifi networks. I don't know much about litchi but i do like their interface. And its disappointing to hear that a $20 app has connectivity issues that are subpar to the dji go app.
Dogpile! :eek::D

Litchi doesn't communicate with the P3x separately from the RC on it's own WiFi... all communication to the aircraft is done THROUGH the RC... just like the DJI GO app...

any 2.4Ghz WiFi network interference at the aircraft location would affect both apps the same because it's affecting the communication FROM the RC...

Reactions: JBG

I use Litchi with my iPad wet to Airplane Mode. The app doesn't use wifi –at least on my P3A– and find it a great product.

S

I have nothing but respect for you and your contributions here. You've helped me a lot.
Of course all 3rd party apps are affected equally while flying FPV mode. Litchi, in GS mode, is a different animal entirely. People need to understand that, that's all. I don't think warning someone about a RTH bug in this particular thread has anything to offer but confusion. The reason for this crash has nothing to do with a RTH bug, Litchi or anything else. It was user error, plain and simple.
His problem may of well been user error. The post I made was mostly about the poor choices made by the operator and one of them was using a 3rd party app that has known issues with RTH in a BLOS flight.

Good point. The beeping indicates some error. In this case it is not due to RC inactivity, because it was connected to the AC.
It very well could be some HW failure of the AC or RC. Because OP has had problems before.
Tclarck333, if you can prove this, DJI might compensate any damage. Check earlier logs for abnormalities. Why did it go to RTH mode?
Suc6!
I hope DJI also covers HW failures in case of a 3rd App. Does anyone have experience with this?

I remember my P2V controller beeped like crazy once - and it was apparently because one of my AA batteries shifted somehow in the battery box as it was apparently getting inadequate current (the original plastic door was lost and i was using cardboard and duct tape, don't laugh).

I don't understand why DJI would be willing to compensate for use of a 3rd party app. I also don't understand why DJI would be willing to compensate for a crash during RTH where the height setting was inadequate.

and one of them was using a 3rd party app that has known issues with RTH

Are there known issues with this? Specifically Litchi? I've lost contact with my bird during a Litchi mission–it completed the mission and self-initiated an RTH as set for the flight just like documentation said it would. I realize there's another similar app with that known issue, but I wasn't aware that Litchi has the same thing.

What's the scoop?

S

Are there known issues with this? Specifically Litchi? I've lost contact with my bird during a Litchi mission–it completed the mission and self-initiated an RTH as set for the flight just like documentation said it would. I realize there's another similar app with that known issue, but I wasn't aware that Litchi has the same thing.

What's the scoop?

S
There is a firmware glitch that was found by 3rd party developers. It affects all SDK 3rd party apps. If you run out of range it may not kick into RTH until the battery reaches critical levels and then your quad will most likely not have the gas to get home so it will auto land somewhere along the way. It will not be corrected until DJI releases a new firmware that fixes it.

There is a firmware glitch that was found by 3rd party developers. It affects all SDK 3rd party apps. If you run out of range it may not kick into RTH until the battery reaches critical levels and then your quad will most likely not have the gas to get home so it will auto land somewhere along the way. It will not be corrected until DJI releases a new firmware that fixes it.

If you set your Critical Battery Level in the DJI Go App to say 30%, wouldn't that essentially provide a reasonable workaround?

Can someone explain HOW litchi would use WIFI vs same digital method GO uses?

or even if it can/does!

(doesn't)

Last edited:

I believe you are incorrect regarding the bug in the SDK, at least in the case of Litchi in waypoint mode, read this thread, 3rd post for LItchi's developer

Google Groups

I believe you are incorrect regarding the bug in the SDK, at least in the case of Litchi in waypoint mode, read this thread, 3rd post for LItchi's developer

Google Groups
It is mode related...
Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 3.39.04 PM.png

Correct but not on litchi's waypoint or FPV

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Correct but not on litchi's waypoint or FPV

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
"F" mode is where the issue lies (position 1). If it is not using "F" mode then it would not be affected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl