P2V swapping radio tx module in remote controller

Reaction score
Dear pilots

Im new to the forum, but not so new to RC and flying phantoms. I've searched half of the web to find the answer, but with no success. So I am asking you for help. I think about using my remote from P2 v.2 (2.4Ghz) with P2V at 5.8Ghz. I have both remotes on both frequencies, but I like much more the one from P2, as it has a tilt wheel dial, more leds and built in battery and USB charger port. Original remote from P2V does not even have a tilt lever (its only advantage is ability to switch from CE to FCC). So would it work if I would put in it a 5.8Ghz tx radio module taken from P2V remote? Or all the parts from inside, excluding battery? I hope I will manage all the wires, but I am worrying about battery/voltages, which seems to be different on both remotes. Are there any other differences I should take into consideration..?

Last edited:
Reactions: JFannin
Are you aware that the P2V+ remote has the tilt wheel, the multiple lamps, the better battery, and the usb charge port? You can get them used on eBay.

Thank you Mark. I realized that already and I've bought P2 Vision +. Thanks for your answer anyway.

Nice to be here :)

One more question, please. I do use on my P2V+ a 3-axis Strom32 gimbal and Xiaomi camera. Do I really need Z-axis in my gimbal..? Without the motor responsible for Z-axis it would get less heavy, less hungry for voltage/current and shorter, as my camera touches the ground... Taking Z-axis motor away would rise up my camera just enough. But I will loose Z-axis stabilization. What do you think - is Yaw axis stabilization really needed for smooth "cinematic" video..?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic