p2 throtle lock descent

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots! I have a simple question,is it safe to fast descent the p2 with the throtle stick full down and locked? Is it posible for the motors to stop in the air....!!!
I have the last version of the p2 with the throtle lock on the remote.Atti or gps mode can change this situation?Thanks and enjoy flying!

No ...your motors won't stop mid-air with left stick down.
Your P2 is limited to a snail's-pace 2 metres/sec descent and you won't get into trouble doing that.

is it safe to fast descent the p2 with the throtle stick full down and locked? Is it posible for the motors to stop in the air....!!!
I have the last version of the p2 with the throtle lock on the remote.Atti or gps mode can change this situation?Thanks and enjoy flying!

I just signed up today and this is my first post, signed up so I could reply and warn you.
But YES, with the left stick down past the lock for over 2 or 3 seconds the motors will stop and your Phantom will quietly fall from the sky. I had hoped it would know it's altitude and not cut the motors. This is not the case. After a day of racing our VooDoo race quads my buddy took my Phantom out for a spin and just that happened. Stick down during decent and he didn't relize that the motors would cut. Fell like a rock.

Thanks ENGPHOTO,I have searched a lot for throtle lock fast descent but since it hapened to you...I m sorry for the crash

I just signed up today and this is my first post, signed up so I could reply and warn you.
But YES, with the left stick down past the lock for over 2 or 3 seconds the motors will stop and your Phantom will quietly fall from the sky. I had hoped it would know it's altitude and not cut the motors. This is not the case. After a day of racing our VooDoo race quads my buddy took my Phantom out for a spin and just that happened. Stick down during decent and he didn't relize that the motors would cut. Fell like a rock.

Thanks ENGPHOTO,I have searched a lot for throtle lock fast descent but since it hapened to you...I m sorry for the crash

Maybe both of you should watch this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Duke
So...is it safe to descent from 200 meters with throtle locked down?I am not sure if I will give it a try!

So...is it safe to descent from 200 meters with throtle locked down?I am not sure if I will give it a try!

It takes longer to come down then going up. Not knowing in which country you live flying at 200m or higher is not wise especially for someone with so little knowledge.

A word of advice If you're in the Phantom mode in the P2 software S1 does not have ATTI mode unless you switch from Phantom to Naza-M. Yes I know what marking next to the switch say

Well, I suggest you read the manual... you're wrong. Not bad for a first post!

I m in naza mode,I usualy fly at 100 meters height and 1000 m distance max acording to mini osd.

Well, I suggest you read the manual... you're wrong. Not bad for a first post!
Thanks for the warm welcome. That's why I have never posted before because this place is full of flamers. I didn't mention what it's supposed to do. I was trying to give a heads up and be aware of what mine did. But you all seem to know more so I must have just been dreaming about my Phantom 2 v2 falling in complete silence from the sky.
It can happen. But enjoy your light reading of your manuals.

Thanks for the warm welcome. That's why I have never posted before because this place is full of flamers. I didn't mention what it's supposed to do. I was trying to give a heads up and be aware of what mine did. But you all seem to know more so I must have just been dreaming about my Phantom 2 v2 falling in complete silence from the sky.
It can happen. But enjoy your light reading of your manuals.

Actually, that is what you did. Perhaps your buddy crashed your bird with a CSC. It certainly wasn't throttle down for 2 or 3 seconds.

Engphoto thanks for sharing your experience,thats why I started this conversation,to see if other people land with throtle lock and which is the result...Again I m sorry for the crash.

Engphoto thanks for sharing your experience,thats why I started this conversation,to see if other people land with throtle lock and which is the result...Again I m sorry for the crash.
Thank you Stathis. It's all rebuilt and back in the air now. But the P2v2 is one of many quads I have so it didn't keep me out of the air.
I don't think my friend would perform a CSC in midair either, we had just spent hours racing our 250 size FPV quads and they cut engines the same way. I think it was a glitch in the barometer in the Phantom and with a gust of wind might have thought it had stopped decending and cut power. I'm not really sure. My friend felt horrible and had new parts on the way ordering from his phone before we even got back home so in a few days it was rebuilt.

I think that hapened exactly what you describing,I had a crash last month with an other quad due to a battery failure and I know the feeling when it dives...Anyway the phantom is fantastic and since you fixed it ,enjoy flying!

After searching many forums,I found out that most of the crashes took place while descenting,the motors stoped...

Maybe both of you should watch this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for posting this video Jason ... ;) That question was asked me by a friend of mine last night. (He owns a CX-20). I just gave him the deer in the headlights look and said Uhhhh dunno. Although I figured some kinda safety feature was integrated into it. Glad I ran across the Vid you posted to confirm it. I also see how that left hand thumb wheel is suppose to work. Now If I can figure the configuration to make it operate pitch instead of roll Ill be all set. :rolleyes:

Glad we got that sorted out.. :)

Just to reiterate... the ONLY way to turn off the motors in flight is to do a CSC command, either intentionally or by accident (crazy flight profiles)... NOT by holding the stick down.

(No doubt if you are using a "proper" NAZA flight controller this can be changed power off with the stick full down.)

If the Phantom powers off during flight in a descent then I would suspect a faulty battery and you are descending in a low power condition and it runs out of juice and cuts off sooner than you thought.
Once a battery starts to go low in power the voltage can plummet quicker than you expect leaving the quad up in the air with no power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.