Solved: Help to identify problem with P2

Reaction score
Edit: The solution was a new GPS module(for now it works)

I have a old P2 with a gps problem, it seems that it can’t find the module.

I can get it to blink ready to fly(non-gps) but then when I try to arm the motors it blinks yellow twice(with every stick input) and then blinks red five times and then back to slow yellow blinking/ I have a video. Will be posting a link soon.

Link:

FYI the P2 is in Naza mode

Thanks

Last edited:
A video showing the leds from a cold startup, rc on, and no stick input would be more informative. I'm very familiar with the p2 in naza mode

A video showing the leds from a cold startup, rc on, and no stick input would be more informative. I'm very familiar with the p2 in naza mode

I will get you a video of that later. It is bright and early here in Denmark and I’m off to work

I have a old P2 with a gps problem, it seems that it can’t find the module.

I can get it to blink ready to fly(non-gps) but then when I try to arm the motors it blinks yellow twice(with every stick input) and then blinks red five times and then back to slow yellow blinking/ I have a video. Will be posting a link soon.

Link:

FYI the P2 is in Naza mode

Thanks

I will get you a video of that later. It is bright and early here in Denmark and I’m off to work

If you still have the top of the P2 removed without the GPS module connected as in your photo you will not be able to arm the motors. Just reconnect the GPS and set the top shell on to the body while arming the motors.

If you still have the top of the P2 removed without the GPS module connected as in your photo you will not be able to arm the motors. Just reconnect the GPS and set the top shell on to the body while arming the motors.

Thanks but I already tried arming it, before looking under the hood. With same result. No change with or without the GPS or the shell on or off

Just shot a short video of a start up from scratch

GPS mounted and top on

It's hard to see what you are doing as your video is too dark. Did you plug in the GPS cable? If you thinking get a GPS lock while in the house that isn't going to happen. Take another video with the lights on so I can see what you doing as I am not interested in LEDs during the startup sequence.

Just shot a short video of a start up from scratch

GPS mounted and top on
You have the common 4 beeps and red lights on startup. This is caused by 2 things, either the FW is corrupt and needs to be upgraded and/or the RC needs to be calibrated.

There are three reasons why the motors will not spin up on a P2.

1) One or both the spring loaded info pins under the battery terminals are not making contact with the copper pads on the battery

2) The GPS module in the top of the P2 is not connected to the main board.

3) The controller is not paired to the P2.

A fourth possibility you were making modification inside the P2 and wired it up incorrectly. Normally to start the motors it will work better if you use both hands and move the sticks in unison.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20