questions on phantom3 pro failsafe

Reaction score
Umm, I think it highly possible that someone is deliberately jamming the GPS for some reason or other. Have a walk around the buildings with your Garmin, see if you can narrow it down.
I don't know what the laws are there but maybe involve the police, in most countries it is illegal to block GPS.

Reaction score
well first as this strange problem with gps appeared from no where it just disappeared for now!!! at least i performed two successive flights in same area with no glitch!! ill continue to search for recent changes, thats a key to know what caused this, now let me ask those questions knowing the answers will let us make a better decision in case we faced such a scenario
suppose in gps mode or rth the barometer starts giving very high altitude what will the drone do??or it gives numbers that vary by 100s of foot , will the FC neglect that?? and continue rth??
the compass error in rth will cause a fly away right, or some thing else, like quiting to other modes??
in case of gps loss in rth what will the p3 do?? and in case it was to land will it quit land and go back to rth on its own in case gps signal regained??
in case of gps signal loss does the p3 rely on accelerometer to calculate ground speed , in my case i swear the drone was flying at 100 miles when i lost the gps signal but it was only displaying the heading speed as 2m\s??

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
suppose in gps mode or rth the barometer starts giving very high altitude what will the drone do??or it gives numbers that vary by 100s of foot , will the FC neglect that?? and continue rth??
the compass error in rth will cause a fly away right, or some thing else, like quiting to other modes??
in case of gps loss in rth what will the p3 do?? and in case it was to land will it quit land and go back to rth on its own in case gps signal regained??
in case of gps signal loss does the p3 rely on accelerometer to calculate ground speed , in my case i swear the drone was flying at 100 miles when i lost the gps signal but it was only displaying the heading speed as 2m\s??
The barometer is usually very reliable and shouldn't start giving incorrect readings.
A compass error isn't a fault in the compass - it's the compass warning of magnetic interference at an unsuitable launch point.
If your drone flies normally, its compass is properly calibrated and should continue to fly normally.
RTH cannot function without GPS.
If GPS is lost while in GPS, the drone would drift in atti mode, but still be fully controllable if you manually fly it.

Reaction score
Very valid point there from Meta4 - "If GPS is lost while in GPS mode, the drone would drift in ATTI mode, but still be fully controllable if you manually fly it".
In our countries our licence to fly specifies that the drone should ALWAY be visible to the pilot! Loss of GPS, drone goes into ATTI mode and you manually fly it home.

Reaction score
yeh, i know that,i fully understand pgps and atti, but would like to know answers for all worst scenarios i supposed , just in case! cause we diy or semi diy guys in quads are not familiar with having a platform with no configurator, although dji made things simple by there ready to use solutions on p3 family, but they never published what will happen in details if some thing goes wrong and of course no full parameters set ,... so am sure we will pass by some one with those details known to him, its good to know..

ianzone

**P4**
Reaction score
yeh, i know that,i fully understand pgps and atti, but would like to know answers for all worst scenarios i supposed , just in case! cause we diy or semi diy guys in quads are not familiar with having a platform with no configurator, although dji made things simple by there ready to use solutions on p3 family, but they never published what will happen in details if some thing goes wrong and of course no full parameters set ,... so am sure we will pass by some one with those details known to him, its good to know..
Unfortunately there's no book on this,,phantoms are strange as in not one fix will fix another,,everyone of them reacts differently in bad situations, dji dont know what would happen either ,pretty untested in this area but they indeed should as it's their product,,

Reaction score
I guess it would be impossible to cover every possible scenario in a book but if you look back through this and the DJI forum you find answers to just about everything!
There are thousands of drone pilots out there and every time one of them encounters a problem, like you, they come on a forum for answers.
Good luck mj2019.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmtandi