Overly tight props on P4Pv2

Reaction score
I recently saw a thread about props being overly tight on new P4Pv2's. I bought a new P4Pv2 at the end of March and after my first 10 minutes of flying, I was unable to remove the props. They were difficult to get on and I tried several props thinking that they were the problem. Fearing I might harm something by going to far to get the props off, I shipped the drone to DroneNerds in Florida for repair. The problem was bad Quick Release Prop base plates. They had a hard time getting the props off, but once they replaced the prop base plate / locks, every prop went on and came off like they should. The part number that they replaced mine with were: Phantom 4 9450s Quick Release Prop Base CW CP.PT.S00034/CCW CP.PT.S00023. If you look for them online, they will come in packs of 2 or 4 sets.

Reactions: Gagey52
Reaction score
I recently saw a thread about props being overly tight on new P4Pv2's. I bought a new P4Pv2 at the end of March and after my first 10 minutes of flying, I was unable to remove the props. They were difficult to get on and I tried several props thinking that they were the problem. Fearing I might harm something by going to far to get the props off, I shipped the drone to DroneNerds in Florida for repair. The problem was bad Quick Release Prop base plates. They had a hard time getting the props off, but once they replaced the prop base plate / locks, every prop went on and came off like they should. The part number that they replaced mine with were: Phantom 4 9450s Quick Release Prop Base CW CP.PT.S00034/CCW CP.PT.S00023. If you look for them online, they will come in packs of 2 or 4 sets.
maybe they broke the parts taking off ur props and then charged u for new parts??? did u get the old parts back?? ;-)

btw hi & welcome 2 the site!

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Yep, if hard to remove V2 props, replace with P4P prop mounts, Amazon. Use on P4 also as upgrade. Fixes both.
BB5C3DFD-7D43-47B3-950A-E892F7CB3D32.jpeg

Reaction score
I replaced mine with the master airscrew props. They come with replacement screw on mounts instead of those stupid dji ones. Not only are they quieter, but are also more efficient. I live by the sea and often fly out a couple of km. It makes a big difference when flying in sport mode at 75km/hr

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rural Rider