P4P Lost a Prop at 50' (15 meters) while landing

I remember the little Renault LeCar having 3 lug nuts on its wheels and thought it was a little cheesy.

Wow! The probability of such failure twice must be 1 per million. Well not exyact5 the same but in both cases the prop flew away. Really bad luck. Maybe now you are on the safe side. It is almost impossible to have such an incident tree times.

Thanks for the post. Sorry for your troubles.

I have a P4Pv2 arriving tomorrow, and that will be amongst the first things that I check in great detail.
Or, like me, you could change to airmaster screw on props for their p4pv2. Just make sure you loctite the screws on the replacement adapters. I changed because i dislike clip- on attachments which rely on plastics. I don't care what sort of plastic it is, it will become brittle with time and UV exposure, and i would not like to be beside one which comes apart in flight. I can put all the props on in 30 secs, including giving each a light nip up. Just the act of spinning them on checks the internal threads, and you would certainly feel any problem during the nip-up. So far, i have 650km + on the same set.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav