New PH4 Pro V2.0 Props — WAY TIGHT!

Had the same problem with some brand new (DJI) Inspire 1 props. There was some extra material just inside the bore of the props, used a very sharp blade to give a quick zip around to remove the offending plastic, and all was well!!

Hi
Please notice, that the people having theese issues with the props are not beginners. To speak for myself I had a phantom 4 advanced and I have a Mavic air which uses the same system. We know in which direction to turn the propellars. We know how to place them on the right motor and in which direction to turn to lock or unlock. I not writing this to be rude, but just to state that the problem is not with the users, but a DJI problem.
Ok I acept that after reading others post ;)

Had the same problem with some brand new (DJI) Inspire 1 props. There was some extra material just inside the bore of the props, used a very sharp blade to give a quick zip around to remove the offending plastic, and all was well!!
Hi
Nice that you solved the problem with your props. I examined my props and there are no extra material to remove, unfortunately.
I have ordered master airscrew props. I know it does not solve the problem with the DJI props, but maybe it solves the problem for me.
Thankyou for the response to my thread.
Palle

Could something like this be a solution?
[/URL]
(look at the second picture in the ad)
Yes
I have made a similar solution with a slice of a 1” silicone tube, to get a firm grip on the motor. It works fine.
The problem is that when it is so tight there is chance that something will brake.
F10E629D-63A1-401B-9C16-EB97C84D42E1.jpeg

Just had the exact same problem with a new Pro v2.0...I bought an extra set of props with the drone from DJI and viola - those work, but the ones that came with are very difficult to attach and almost impossible to remove

I just received my new PH4 Pro V2.0 and the new props are SO TIGHT! In fact, I can't get one of them off. Anyone else having this issue? Will they loosen up after a few flights? Any suggestions on how to get my stuck prop off? One of the silver ones is on and now I can't get it off. Something isn't right. Not sure if it's the hub or just the props weren't manufactured correctly. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks! ???✨
Yes this is a defect in mfr from DJI ever since they starting selling these props. Inconsistent tolerances. Can be the black or the silver. They sell a rubber pliers on eBay for prop removal. They will loosen up in time after a dozen uses...

Just had the exact same problem with a new Pro v2.0...I bought an extra set of props with the drone from DJI and viola - those work, but the ones that came with are very difficult to attach and almost impossible to remove
Just a small point...Are you peeps sending them back to DJI and are they replacing them..???

Probably not worth sending props back to DJI. This problem can be solved by removing the extra material from where the top of the motor shaft contacts the inside of the hole in the prop. The trick is to use the correct size drill bit which is .117 inch. This issue is a result of something that has changed in the injection mold that was used to make these props, or possibly something has changed in the length of the motor shaft itself. If DJI is aware of this issue, I can’t answer and I know better than to try to acquire that tidbit from them.

Probably not worth sending props back to DJI. This problem can be solved by removing the extra material from where the top of the motor shaft contacts the inside of the hole in the prop. The trick is to use the correct size drill bit which is .117 inch. This issue is a result of something that has changed in the injection mold that was used to make these props, or possibly something has changed in the length of the motor shaft itself. If DJI is aware of this issue, I can’t answer and I know better than to try to acquire that tidbit from them.
I would have thought that it would be best to send back and then will know that there is a problem with them.. About the drilling out, awhile back, I saw someone on YouTube doing this and it worked perfectly.

Certainly would be best to have them address this issue, but that could well be a time consuming adventure. Easier for me to get my drill bit and solve my issue.

Just a small point...Are you peeps sending them back to DJI and are they replacing them..???
Mine were replaced by my local dealer where I purchased the drone new. They had recieved several PH4 Pro V2's that had been on order for quite some time. Because they sell so many and had never had a problem like this, they waited until I arrived to unbox. That's when we realized there was a problem. They unboxed another and 2 of 4 props fit.

Simply put, there are some tighter-than-need'be P4P V2.0 blades out there. Wrap a piece of innertube around the motor for grip and be sure to press and turn in the correct direction. It will come off with patience and the innertube piece.

Just a wild thought. Is everybody with the issue sure they got all remnants of the plastic wrap off? I had a helluva time with mine.

Kind of an old topic, and I've already replied at least once. But here it is again from my point of view. 2 Ph4 v2 drones, same day, same shipment off the truck. One set of props you couldn't get off without a blow torch, the other set from the other drone fit as they should. If they don't work without tools or modifications, toss them. JMHO YMMV

Reactions: Gagey52
Kind of an old topic, and I've already replied at least once. But here it is again from my point of view. 2 Ph4 v2 drones, same day, same shipment off the truck. One set of props you couldn't get off without a blow torch, the other set from the other drone fit as they should. If they don't work without tools or modifications, toss them. JMHO YMMV
Ok you spurred me to try to get DJI to replace them. After about 45 minutes chatting with a rep they agreed to replace them :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl