On the verge of a P3A purchase, last minute advice?

Should I do it?

• Total voters
I never said the aren't both good. I simply said one was better. And yes.. It is a LOT better!

A Lamborghini is better then a Civic. So why would anyone drive a Civic? It's because "better" is not always the only determining factor. I'm only pointing out that a $200 savings might be better for a lot of people.

Lots of people advocating going for the Pro and lots of people feel better for spending more $$.
But the Pro and Advanced are identical except for 4K video.
If you don't need 4K video (and if you don't know, you probably don't need it) save the $$ for batteries and get the Advanced.

Reactions: Milehigh970
Very few ways to even watch 4k 1080p works great
Very few? Huh? I have 6 ways in my office. And 12 in my house. Most everyone will have several within a year. I would venture to say that half the planet has a way to watch 4k

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Very few? Huh? I have 6 ways in my office. And 12 in my house. Most everyone will have several within a year. I would venture to say that half the planet has a way to watch 4k

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

12 ways to watch 4K in full resolution in your house? Wow.
I am jealous......

4 4k monitors on one computer. 2 on another. And 4k tvs in bedrooms, living room and den.
Why don't you have one mounted in the bottom of the toilet bowl? Or in the garage so you can start watching TV as soon as you pull-in? :D

Both A & P are excellent choices. Do what fits your needs (or wants). Some may say to go for the Pro to "future proof" - but is that really practical? Most people on niche forums like being on the bleeding edge, so when a new model comes out next year or so, they will purchase that new model anyway. Anyway, just be sure to have some $ aside for the "extras" - because we all end up getting the extras. Believe me, l'm new to the hobby as I just got my Pro less than 10 days ago and have already purchased filters, prop guards, gimbal guard, lens cap & lens shade. I'm contemplating extra batts & a 2nd remote for range extender mod.

Very few ways to even watch 4k 1080p works great
I agree, 4K isn't really needed, and I've got the pro version. I never shoot 4K anymore. Editing 4K is a pain, requiring a pretty high end computer, and even that's slow in comparison to 1080. Just not worth it IMHO unless you're doing a job for someone else that requires 4K.

I totally agree with "buy from a company who does service on them"... that can make a HUGE difference if you have a problem or a "mistake". This is a copy/paste from a post I made yesterday

"I'm buying all my DJI goodies from
E Mergent RC
2118 Highway 72 E, Suite 4
Huntsville, Alabama 35811
(256) 852-6833 Store
Welcome to Emergentrc.com

They not only sell and support they also do in-house repairs on their products. Tommy is a top-notch guy and not only does he eat, sleep, and breathe DJI he also flies them daily."

FWIW I'm planning to get the P3P but also probably won't use the full potential of the 4k camera at least not initially. I'm moving up from a "so-so 1080p" camera wanna be so anything will be a HUGE improvement.

If you don't need or even can't see a need for 4k then go with P3A and use that extra on batteries and other "essentials" (I say that with tongue in cheek LOL) or maybe apply it to the new tablet you'll want to get with your new aircraft :)

I agree, 4K isn't really needed, and I've got the pro version. I never shoot 4K anymore. Editing 4K is a pain, requiring a pretty high end computer, and even that's slow in comparison to 1080. Just not worth it IMHO unless you're doing a job for someone else that requires 4K.

I bought the P3A, for precisely this reason. Where as wealthy people like Steve have 43 4k monitors, I don't have one. I also don't think my computer can handle editing let alone playing the 4k video. (it is a struggle on youtube for this machine already). In a couple years, when everyone has a 4 k TV and your a douche if you don't have the 8k, I will upgrade my drone than. Until than, I think I'm good with Full HD

43?? Thats like... surround 3D 4k insanity!! Its to easy to look forward and see that you are covered. Its terrible to look back and wish you had done differently. If I'm a douche because I recommend planning forward then so be it. Its an opinion.. take it or move on.

Reactions: BigAl07
43?? Thats like... surround 3D 4k insanity!! Its to easy to look forward and see that you are covered. Its terrible to look back and wish you had done differently. If I'm a douche because I recommend planning forward then so be it. Its an opinion.. take it or move on.
You read me wrong, I'M the douche for not having 4k now.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers