Noob issue: DJI pilot app won't connect

Reaction score
Powered on my tx, P3, tx is connecting to P3 (solid green LED on tx), P3 is blinking green (no gps, I'm inside). I connect my iPhone 6s and it asks if I want to trust the device, open the app, and it says disconnected and doesn't give me any kind of feed. Any easy troubleshooting steps? Thanks.

Have you updated the firmware on the drone AND the remote control to the latest v1.1.8 ?
This was released thursday and needs to be installed or you will get this.

Have you updated the firmware on the drone AND the remote control to the latest v1.1.8 ?
This was released thursday and needs to be installed or you will get this.

+1

And when you are updating the remote controller make sure you plug the USB lead into the gimbal socket and not the one on the front of the phantom..................like I did and then spent 30 minutes trying to work out why it wouldn't up date.....:confused:

Reactions: dalebb
JayB I did the same thing, ouch!

I found it very easy to save the firmware file on the SD card and just insert it in the drone then turn it on in order to update the drone. I then just saved the firmware file on a thumbdrive and plugged it into the USB port of the controller then turned it on to update. Be sure to check the SD and thumbdrive afterward for the result file (text file which will contain the results).

Delete the 3 created files from the SD and thumbdrive and you are done.

I found it very easy to save the firmware file on the SD card and just insert it in the drone then turn it on in order to update the drone. I then just saved the firmware file on a thumbdrive and plugged it into the USB port of the controller then turned it on to update. Be sure to check the SD and thumbdrive afterward for the result file (text file which will contain the results).

Delete the 3 created files from the SD and thumbdrive and you are done.

That how I do it.. If you dont have a thumb drive. Connect the tx to the gimbals usb and you will be able to update the tx via the gimbals sd card.

+1

And when you are updating the remote controller make sure you plug the USB lead into the gimbal socket and not the one on the front of the phantom..................like I did and then spent 30 minutes trying to work out why it wouldn't up date.....:confused:

Thanks JayB - I wasn't aware of that one and would have used the same port I did on my P2V+...

Reactions: dalebb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair