P3a won't connect to go app after update.

• Thread starter Deleted member 120755
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120755

Not flown during few months, flight started normally when I got message for update. On ground started and finalised the update.
After plane and Rc restart. Impossible to connect the Rc to go app only how to connect, no info about firmware status. that the Rc LED blinking green and plane green steady. Able to fly the drone but without camera feedback. Relink done with no result.
Tried manual firmware update. Log aborted already contains last update 1.10.20. Tried manual downgrade with log this version doesn't permit downgrade. Tried on différent tab and phone. Any idea to restore go app connection

@Serge122,
Welcome to the Forum!

As asked any telemetry data, updated the app?

Were the other mobile devices used or worked before?

How about the USB cable?

Rod

Have you tried updating the app? When you fly is there any data (range, altitude, sats, etc.) at all in the app or is it just missing the video?
I tried on different devices, iOS and Android. I can't connect to the app thus I don't have any info from the app. Nothing about firmware status normally available on the app.

@Serge122,
Welcome to the Forum!

As asked any telemetry data, updated the app?

Were the other mobile devices used or worked before?

How about the USB cable?

Rod
I tried different cables and no data available just how to connect when I should have camera . As tested with different devices, each I downloaded the last go app update with account subscription.

There are different steps for GL300a and GL300b/c.

Or you could just buy a new RC.
It's a gl300b, indeed it look a problem with the Rc not communicate on usb but it appears unrealist that an update involuntary destroyed the hardware.

it appears unrealist that an update involuntary destroyed the hardware.

Why do you assume hardware was destroyed?
I mean, it could happen as well, but there's much higher chance that software got destroyed.

Have you ever updated BIOS in your PC? There is always a risk when doing that. Your main board may never start again. In some boards, there are now 2 copies of BIOS to deal with failed updates.

It is the same with drones. The difference is - firmware package consists of 17 modules. It's like updating 17 BIOSes at once. If one fails, you're left with a brick.

If it's GL300b - the software is most likely damaged in Cypress USB Controller. If you don't know how to reprogram Cypress, it is best to just get a new board.

If the app is providing instructions on how to connect, I suspect your cable is OK. The software is recognizing the controller. So what do the instructions say to do? What happens if you follow the instructions?

I mean, it could happen as well, but there's much higher chance that software got destroyed.

Have you ever updated BIOS in your PC? There is always a risk when doing that. Your main board may never start again. In some boards, there are now 2 copies of BIOS to deal with failed updates.

It is the same with drones. The difference is - firmware package consists of 17 modules. It's like updating 17 BIOSes at once. If one fails, you're left with a brick.

If it's GL300b - the software is most likely damaged in Cypress USB Controller. If you don't know how to reprogram Cypress, it is best to just get a new board.
Thanks for your consideration, yes it's a possibility that the usb controller software is corrupted. But I don't know how to fix. I read a post about no usb com, with usb board replacement not fixing the problem. So prefer for the moment explore others possibilities. Personally before this issue I didn't pay attention to firmware update version since I had no specific problem. I just followed dji update proposal. As I for others devices just follow the improvement.

If the app is providing instructions on how to connect, I suspect your cable is OK. The software is recognizing the controller. So what do the instructions say to do? What happens if you follow the instructions?
Yes cable is ok. In go app, how to connect is present under every drone model and even with no Rc connected. The instructions are, first Rc start, then drone, then connect to tab and start go app as usual.

Not flown during few months, flight started normally when I got message for update. On ground started and finalised the update.
After plane and Rc restart. Impossible to connect the Rc to go app only how to connect, no info about firmware status. that the Rc LED blinking green and plane green steady. Able to fly the drone but without camera feedback. Relink done with no result.
Tried manual firmware update. Log aborted already contains last update 1.10.20. Tried manual downgrade with log this version doesn't permit downgrade. Tried on différent tab and phone. Any idea to restore go app connection

Also I noted this (see picture) in go app may this impact app connection ?
Screenshot_20190713-095641_DJI%20GO.jpeg

May I ask you some details on usb controller since you have some expertise on it?
My Rc is a gl300b and the fitted usb board is a P01213.02. When I look for spare p01213.02 not appears as compatible for this model. Circuit board look just as a connection interface board without ship or ic just few resistors and capacitors. So that the usb decoder should be on the main board?

My Rc is a gl300b and the fitted usb board is a P01213.02. [...] Circuit board look just as a connection interface board without ship or ic just few resistors and capacitors. So that the usb decoder should be on the main board?

Yes, in all GL300a/b/c, Cypress USB Controller is on the Main Board.

Then, on GL300a, the Cypress controller is not connected to USB Out directly, but through DaVinci processor. DaVinci must be doing something to the USB signal, because without it, USB does not connect to application. DaVinci is located on the USB Interface Board (plus its power supply chip, and RAM chip, and Flash chip).

On GL300b/c, there is a newer Cypress controller used, and DaVinci is eliminated. So the interface board has nothing on it, besides a few parts used for interference elimination.

From the look of it, I imagine GL300a was created by cutting down Inspire 1 controller. Plans were to eliminate DaVinci as there should be no HDMI Output in GL300a, but there were many software changes needed and other issues with that - Dji would have to delay the release to solve them. So instead, they temporarily left the DaVinci chip, just removed HDMI output. Later they traced the issues they had, and one of them was eliminated by using Cypress chip which can withstand higher bandwidth.

The DaVinci chip on GL300a runs the same software that the HDMI Upgrade Board uses. It just has no copper paths from the pins where HDMI Output is, so nothing is never connected to HDMI out. GL300a USB Interface Board has also simplified physical design compared to HDMI Upgrade Board, because it never runs HDMI Transcoder and therefore never gets hot (the transcoder only does it job when something is connected to HDMI out).

Last edited:
Yes, in all GL300a/b/c, Cypress USB Controller is on the Main Board.

Then, on GL300a, the Cypress controller is not connected to USB Out directly, but through DaVinci processor. DaVinci must be doing something to the USB signal, because without it, USB does not connect to application. DaVinci is located on the USB Interface Board (plus its power supply chi, and RAM chip, and Flash chip).

On GL300b/c, there is a newer Cypress controller used, and DaVinci is eliminated. So the interface board has nothing on it, besides a few parts used for interference elimination.

From the look of it, I imagine GL300a was created by cutting down Inspire 1 controller. Plans were to eliminate DaVinci as there should be no HDMI Output in GL300a, but there were many software changes needed and other issues with that - Dji would have to delay the release to solve them. So instead, they temporarily left the DaVinci chip, just removed HDMI output. Later they traced the issues they had, and one of them was eliminated by using Cypress chip which can withstand higher bandwidth.

The DaVinci chip on GL300a runs the same software that the HDMI Upgrade Board uses. It just has no copper paths from the pins where USB Output is, so nothing is never connected to HDMI out. GL300a USB Interface Board has also simplified physical design compared to HDMI Upgrade Board, because it never runs HDMI Transcoder and therefore never gets hot (the transcoder only does it job when something is connected to HDMI out).
Ok thank you

I did that update on my P3A and same thing happened. Could fly and control everything but no video feed or connection to app. Had to buy new controller. Working fine after that. Hope you get it straightened out. Good luck.
Yes, same as you. Manual control is possible. But no video feedback and no app connection. I will try with friend Rc when he will back from holiday. And go for a new Rc acquisition. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20