NO SD, GPS, FEED VIDEO AND TELEMETRY

Reaction score
Hello, Drone Pilots.

First I want to say hello to everyone and I'm grateful for your help and support.

My issue is. I flew 20 or 30 times my bird (Vision plus) without any issue no crash hits or other problem and suddenly I lost in the vision app the GPS indication, live video, telemetry and the access to the SD card in the air.

I landed my bird and I make a reset in my phone, remote and make a power recycle but nothing works, there's no way to get back the telemetry, live video, and when I try to take a photo or video appear a message no SD CARD.

When I connect the cable to the micro usb port in the camera there´s no data an its not recognized by the pc.

Any ideas? You think it´s the camera? the inside gimbal module? or the WiFi Transmission module inside the drone.

Thanks for your help.

Check the three cable from the quad to the gimbel. If one vibrates liaise you can loose telementry data and the video feed. Make sure all the pins in each plug are tight also.

What version do have? If V3, then you may still have the older non-perforated wifi module.
If crashed then look at the 3 cables coming from bird to gimbal. Unplug them all and reseat them firmly.
If not crashed, then most likely the wifi module. Try rebinding first.

Tks Mako and RoyVa for the advice.. I already make a rebinding and check all the cables without success. I order a new WiFi Module and hope that's the problem and no the camera because it's more expensive.

I had to send ours back to company for a new video transmitter... Before that I did the all software update and rebinding. Getting it back tomorrow.

Tks Mako and RoyVa for the advice.. I already make a rebinding and check all the cables without success. I order a new WiFi Module and hope that's the problem and no the camera because it's more expensive.

You may try another sd card or at least complete reformat . I have seen a few posts mentioning fixing video type issues with sd format/ replacement.

good luck and have fun flying!

Video feed trouble shooting
try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
Try reformatting the SD card with full format.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID.

image.jpg
Good luck!

Last edited:
Dear friends after few more test I don't have luck! But I notice the WiFi Module feel over heat. Do you think that's normal?

The problem persist no live video, telemetry and SD. . Attached some pics.

In your opinion the WiFi Module is the problem? I want to buy it but I'm afraid that's not gonna work and the damage was another part.

Thanks for your inputs..

Attachments

• 1444370863265.jpg
    1444370863265.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 550
  • 1444370880146.jpg
    1444370880146.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 446

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members