No image transmission signal - P3P

Then the sensor and Ambarella works. Which (in Ph3 Adv) rules out the Gimbal Top Board.
Thank you very much for quaddamage,This means that if we can record video and take pictures, Gimbal Top Board is normal,If so, I'll judge wrong,Which (in Ph3 Adv) rules out the Gimbal Top Board.

Ok. Then the problem is either in OFDM or in RC.
I read your article carefully, read your picture,I think the problem is in OFDM or RC.

Ok.

Wait, didn't you just ruled out the Gimbal Top board? It is unlikely that Ambarella works, and only its output to OFDM is damaged.
I think this should be my mistake,

We don't have a way of fixing Ambarella software, if that's what you mean.
I am going to double check my OFDM and RC.

Thank you very much for quaddamage,Can record video capture photos,,Explain the sensor and Ambarella work,So I think the problem is really on OFDM or RC.Is there any information about repairing OFDM or RC?My RC is G300C.

Is there any information about repairing OFDM or RC?My RC is G300C.

For OFDM - you can check if all modules are responding. You can do this by placing a very old firmware into sd-card - the drone will not start an update, but will ask all components about their versions and store that into log file on the sd-card.
Personally, I've never seen OFDM fail in a way which leaves controls working, but I guess if is possible if the issue is around the Cypress chip.

For GL300c - I'm not really familiar with it, I only used GL300a. Also, there are no schematics published for RCs, so my knowledge of them is smaller in general:
o-gs/dji-hardware-schematics

In GL300a, issues with video feed were always caused either by faulty flat wires, or firmware issue in the interface board (the board at back with USB output).

EDIT:
Here's a general diagnosis graph for fixing image transmission issues:
Fix no video feed / black screen / no FPV on Ph3 Pro

Last edited:
Well SunsetCatcher I owe you a massive thanks! I had an old P3 Pro gimbal mainboard with the dreaded "Device 08 and 15 not found" error message and decided to try this method. I soldered my FTDI module according to your instructions (Boot0 and Boot1 on Gimbal to 3.3V on Gimbal; 5V on FTDI to 5V on Gimbal; Ground on Gimbal to Ground on FTDI; TX on FTDI to 368_U0_RXP on Gimbal; RX on FTDI to 368_U0_TXP on Gimbal; set FTDI jumper to 3.3V logic). Confirmed 3.3V was present on the gimbal with a multimeter and then plugged it into the computer. Set the CMD directory to C:\ph3pns and followed the tutorial and it went smoothly. Reattached the mainboard to the drone and voila! Image transmission restored! THANKS!
Another P3P resurrected from the dead! Considering I got it for a steal due to no transmission signal I am a very happy chappy!

Also, Adamu did you say on another forum you had information on replacing the xiro xplorer yaw arm pot?

SunsetCatcher Many thanks! Your tutorial rocks. I succesfully reanimated a second hand P3P with M0800/1500 problem.

Attachments

• IMG_8104.JPG
    IMG_8104.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 642
  • IMG_8105.JPG
    IMG_8105.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 724
  • IMG_8106.JPG
    IMG_8106.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 575
  • IMG_8107.JPG
    IMG_8107.JPG
    953.5 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_8108.JPG
    IMG_8108.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 633
Reactions: drons
Hey all, just want to say big THANK YOU to "SunsetCatcher" and other people who found this fix! I just successfully fixed two P3P boards with this fix, the only problem for me was wrong command prompt directory...? and when finally learned where my IMG files are extracted and how to point the command line to that place everything was done in first time and 100% successfully now I have live video back. Thanks again to all!!!!

Hey guys!

First of all I had the same message like @drons had saying ubl1.img not found. Then I am not really sure what I did, but flashing succeeded. Check picture attached.
However when I mounted my gimbal back to PH3P nothing changed. I tried to update it but same issue appears. D, D, D, DDdddd..... buzzer sound and LED gets red on Gimbal.
@quaddamage , @SunsetCatcher , @drons - any suggestions?
Cheers folks!

Attachments

• success_nand_flash.png
    success_nand_flash.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 578
Hwhen I mounted my gimbal back to PH3P nothing changed. I tried to update it but same issue appears. D, D, D, DDdddd..... buzzer sound and LED gets red on Gimbal.

The buzzing sounds does not say much. We need logs. For example, the logs you have on the same serial interface you used for programming.

Details:
o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

This is also covered here - there are steps after writing bootloader gave nothing:
Fix no video feed / black screen / no FPV on Ph3 Pro

Thank you for a links and manuals, I have two "no video boards" both after crash, so I bought cheap USB to TTL FT232RL and tried to flash but every time I try I get this - check my picture last strokes "file ubl1.img is not present.... interfacing to dm36x via uart failed" can it be bad ft232rl, I have extracted files to C: root and tried few times same zip, also I found here "phantom_hack" and its the same issue. I have already ordered new other kind USB To Serial Adapter Module with Xbee Extension and will try in next few days. Can you check "UBL1.IMG size is it 14KB only? as I only 14KB get after unzipping.
View attachment 88646

View attachment 88647
hi, How did you solve this problem? I have 8 pieces of gimbal with problem 8 and 15, all in accordance with the SunsetCatcher instructions, but each time I keep the same screen as you do. I will be grateful for the tips.

hi, How did you solve this problem? I have 8 pieces of gimbal with problem 8 and 15, all in accordance with the SunsetCatcher instructions, but each time I keep the same screen as you do. I will be grateful for the tips.
Possibly you’ve put the folder in C:// so you have to direct to the file in the folder or put the img. file directly in C://?

Possibly you’ve put the folder in C:// so you have to direct to the file in the folder or put the img. file directly in C://?

I tried different ways,
1. I put the files in the folder and on the c: \ drive
2. I have placed the files directly on the c: \ drive
3. I also tried to place files on another drive, d: \

every time I get the same effect "file ubl1.img is not present .... interfacing to dm36x via uart failed"

E0710A22-8317-491F-8164-FADFBADD0C94.png
I tried different ways,

every time I get the same effect "file ubl1.img is not present .... interfacing to dm36x via uart failed"

I tried different ways,

Did you tried using a different PC, possibly with older Windows?
Did you tried running it from the elevated cmd (as admin)?

Did you tried using a different PC, possibly with older Windows?
Did you tried running it from the elevated cmd (as admin)?
yes, I tried on another computer, first win10 and second win7 no effect
yes, I tried cmd as admin, no effect

all the time the same screen

yes, I tried on another computer, first win10 and second win7 no effect
yes, I tried cmd as admin, no effect

all the time the same screen

Wow, that is unusual.

Try downloading the tool directly from Texas Instruments. Maybe they have a newer version.
If that won't help - the solution would be either to debug the binary or ask TI for help - they do have a forum somewhere.

Have u also tried to download the ph3pns package again? Make sure u’ve proper path to the folder from cmd field.
yes, I downloaded ph3pns again, also from another source.
the path is correct, because the first part of the flash goes without a problem, then I click ctrl + c and enter the path again, then I get the message:
"file ubl1.img is not present .... interfacing to dm36x via uart failed"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic