No image transmission signal - P3P

thank you very much for the clarification, it is a full guide on how to fix the 008+0015, i am working to do the same, changing the NAND is not an easy Task "at least for me :)" but i know a technician who can help me to do it, i still have two damged board, i will use on of their NAND to try.

Big thanks to you and all the guys who is helping us to get these Bird Fixed :).

I have a different question, i have requested a working Gimbal Board from China, and i should get it by next week.

i need to assemble it to the gimbal board case, and connect the gimbal to it.

My questions are:
  1. If the firmware of the NEW Gimbal board different than than one on the P3P other board, is that would make any difference?
  2. And to get it to the same firmware version:
    1. Do I need to refresh the same firmware on the P3P again, and if it a for example the version on the gimbal is "V01.10.0090" and the version on the NEW Gimbal board is "V01.08.0080", is flashing the firmware version "V01.10.0090" would be ok
    2. Or i need to downgrade till i reach to "V01.08.0080" and then upgrade again step by step.
Thanks

When installing a different (new or used) Gimbal Top Board to the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv:
- You are not causing firmware discrepancies within the gimbal - all updateable gimbal firmware modules are stored on the Gimbal Top Board
- You are causing discrepancy between firmware of the gimbal and the rest of the drone
- You can remove the discrepancy by updating/downgrading firmware of the gimbal to match the version within the rest of the drone
- Trying to remove discrepancy by updating/downgrading the rest of the drone to the version within the gimbal is more risky, though possible

When updating the Gimbal firmware to match the rest of the drone, there should be no need to go through all the in-between versions - just put the target version on sd-card and do the upgrade (or place the debug file as well and do downgrade). This way modules other than those within gimbal will not be updated at all, because they already are at the target version. This is the safest approach.

When installing a different (new or used) Gimbal Top Board to the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv:
- You are not causing firmware discrepancies within the gimbal - all updateable gimbal firmware modules are stored on the Gimbal Top Board
- You are causing discrepancy between firmware of the gimbal and the rest of the drone
- You can remove the discrepancy by updating/downgrading firmware of the gimbal to match the version within the rest of the drone
- Trying to remove discrepancy by updating/downgrading the rest of the drone to the version within the gimbal is more risky, though possible

When updating the Gimbal firmware to match the rest of the drone, there should be no need to go through all the in-between versions - just put the target version on sd-card and do the upgrade (or place the debug file as well and do downgrade). This way modules other than those within gimbal will not be updated at all, because they already are at the target version. This is the safest approach.

Thank you very much for the respond, i have got the new/used board from a china, installed it and it worked.

thanks to every one who help to help me on this.

btw i bought it from this site in China, but seems they ship only in China, where i used a mail forwarding Company to ship to Saudi Arabia. "the site in Chinese so you need to use Google translation to get thought the site"

大疆精灵3PRO云台拆机主板像机主板云台相机镜头主板精灵3A3P通用-淘宝网

Wow! That is cheap! I paid more for just the NAND chip on Aliexpress.
How do you find a mail forwarding company?

Wow! That is cheap! I paid more for just the NAND chip on Aliexpress.
How do you find a mail forwarding company?

I have been using Aramex Ship&Shop since 2001 “I live in Saudi Arabia” to buy stuff from US.

Check their site if the offer the service to US customers

They have around 15 or more mail boxes.

And I like this Chinese guy, before shipping the board, he send me a video to show me that the board is working.

Reactions: quaddamage
I just charged my p3p after a six month break, i stopped updateing mine over a year ago. It works great . I have no green screens , video lag or glitches, iam running it out to 23000 ft , 46000 ft flights with no problems. The old saying ( if it works dont fk with it ) is my rule.

Thank you for your manual, its all working now, yes I had to extract files directly to C: without folders only this worked :) took me 3 days to figure it out I guess :)
I have the same message as you, how do you mean you extracted without folders to C:\ ?

Lol looked at all posts.. Conclusion buy new gimbal board [emoji16][emoji23][emoji16][emoji23]

SunsetCatcher and quaddamage,please help me,My Elf PH3ADV has no image transmission signal
I did not find the PH3 ADV above DM368

My Elf PH3ADV has no image transmission signal
I did not find the PH3 ADV above DM368

Ok, you have Phantom 3 Adv and no image transmission, that's good info.
Now, what have you tried so far? Were you able to narrow down the issue?
It there a reason you've jumped to DM36x?

Reactions: milkxiu
Replaced the cable,Now video and camera are normal,I tried to reinstall the cable,Replace mobile device and reinstall APP,But still no image signal,
I would like to know if PH3A can solve this problem by refreshing the nand chip,
Is this method only applicable to PH3A?
I want to know if my PH3A motherboard can use this method to solve the problem? And I have already purchased FT232rl,
I am particularly anxious now, thank you very much for helping me

You are targeting PH3P, I would like to know PH3A this problem can still be solved with this method? Because my PH3A has this fault, the same fault,
Can I repair my PH3A according to your method?
However, I found that the hardware structure between the two is different.

Replaced the cable,Now video and camera are normal,I tried to reinstall the cable,
Which cable? Back to normal, means started working?

Replace mobile device and reinstall APP,But still no image signal,

Ok, so you've rule out the mobile device. Good.

I would like to know if PH3A can solve this problem by refreshing the nand chip,

The nand chip - no, Ph3 Advanced does not have THE nand chip.

Here is the video pipeline of the drone. You still didn't diagnosed the issue, so it's a bit early to start fixing. I named all the cables, so that you can figure out what "the cable" was. Also, this only shows the drone - as I understand you didn't ruled out the possibility of a problem within RC.

Last edited:
I realize that we come from different countries. I come from China. I have language barriers. I communicate with you through Google Translate. I put the SD card on my computer and I can see the pictures and videos. I ruled out the ribbon cable. There is no problem. The remote controller can control the PH3A, but there is no video feedback. I'm sure the PTZ motherboard is faulty. There is no way to repair the PH3A PTZ motherboard.

PH3A PTZ motherboard failure I can not be repaired in accordance with the PH3P method, if not, there is no way to repair the PH3A PTZ motherboard,
My PH3A was a problem that I had seen two days later. I did not use it during this period.

I put the SD card on my computer and I can see the pictures and videos.
Then the sensor and Ambarella works. Which (in Ph3 Adv) rules out the Gimbal Top Board.

I ruled out the ribbon cable.

Ok. Then the problem is either in OFDM or in RC.

The remote controller can control the PH3A, but there is no video feedback.

Ok.

I'm sure the PTZ motherboard is faulty.
Wait, didn't you just ruled out the Gimbal Top board? It is unlikely that Ambarella works, and only its output to OFDM is damaged.

There is no way to repair the PH3A PTZ motherboard.
We don't have a way of fixing Ambarella software, if that's what you mean.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj