No image on new tablet (black screen)

Reaction score
Hello Phantom pilots,

I'm having a problem I hope someone is able to help me with.

I've just bought a new tablet and connected it with the dji Phantom 3 SE. Maps work, but I have no view on the screen. It's just black. My older tablet works fine, but had lots of scratches on the screen, so I bought almost the same one, the same mark, only a bit newer, but even stronger...

When I take a picture I do have a view on my tablet for just a few seconds, it gives a "broken" view and then it's gone. Sometimes it's a complete green screen and then back to black.

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this problem? I know it should work properly. The other tablet still works fine.

Look forward to hearing from people who had to deal with this problem in the past.

Best wishes, Natasja

Maybe a different chord between the controller and your tablet? See if that works
This mistake is made often, so don't be discouraged in assisting others. Learn the different aircraft and the nuances between them.

Update: I have just tried again, and again a black view, but when I click to take a photo, the camera view appears and remains on my tablet, but with a lot of disturbance (so, not a proper, solid view and only after taking a photo).

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this problem? I know it should work properly. The other tablet still works fine.
Information like which tablets would be more useful.

Hi, I thought it should be the settings, because it's the same tablet as before, and that one does have a camera view.

It's a Sensation tablet, QUAD-CORE MTK6580, ANDROID 6.0 / GPS / 16GB ROM/1GB RAM. Wifi (B/G/N) / 3G, Bluetooth.

Not enough Ram for one, and that is a biggie, no matter which tablet you run. And do both run the same version of Android?

Can't be the problem. The other tablet is also one Ram and android 5.1. works flawlessly.

I do see the problem a few times on this forum but don't see the answer to it anywhere, so there should be more people who have dealt with this same problem.

Can't be the problem. The other tablet is also one Ram and android 5.1. works flawlessly.
I beg to differ with you. These are 2 different Android versions. That is why I asked the question. That is most likely the primary issue, but with only 1 gig of ram you will have "lag" issues with updated operating systems. First, make sure you have "Developer Options" enabled and "USB Debugging" enabled on the device with Marshmallow.

Thanks for replying! Yes, this could be the reason. I have also tried another tablet with Android 6. Same problem.
But this afternoon I have been trying again. When I take a photo first, I do have a perfect view now (but I do have to make a photo, otherwise....still a black image). And flew 2km.

But, yes, I will make sure I have the Developer Options enabled and also the USB Debugging. Thank you!

So, it's possible to use it properly now. Don't know why the image suddenly remains, after taking a pic first...

Would be nice to hear from someone who has dealt with this same problem and has been able to solve it. But I'm pleased I'm able to use it now. Hopefully it stays this way.

Best regards, Natasja

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic