No connection with the Remote

Reaction score
Ahoy fellow pilots,

as the subject says, there is a problem on my P2V+ with the remote controller connection.
Same thing as shown in this video for P3:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(original thread link: Standard - NO WIFI - NO SSID - NO CONNECTION WITH REMOTE CONTROLER)

It all worked fine and then after the last flight in which P2 had a somewhat harder landing (not crashing down, just a bit more rough touchdown) the connection stopped working.
As in the video, I've tried resetting the connection with the button on P2 and also connecting everything to a PC where DJI software shows no problems.

Any ideas what to check? Disassembling the P2 seems like an only option at the moment..

Spark

Last edited:
How to link

Turn off remote
Turn on quad
Push button under quad until it flashes (about 5 seconds
Turn on controller
Quad will link

The TX board could have been damaged, open the quad and check.

To bump this topic after some time, as it was out of my focus.

Meanwhile I have open the quad and checked the internal components, everything seems OK, no visible damages.
Also, I've double checked the remote in the System Assistant.

Remote controller specs
  • Firmware: 1.0.2.31
  • Operating frequency: 5.8 GHz
  • Loader: 12.1.0.3
  • Checked with System Assistant version: 1.2
Any ideas? Hints? Thanks!

I don't have any ideas, but please post the solution if you find it. I watched the video, but am unsure of what I was watching. You don't get any response with the controller to the drone when you for example, try to start the props? Can you control the camera with the DJI app?

I watched the video, but am unsure of what I was watching. You don't get any response with the controller to the drone when you for example, try to start the props? Can you control the camera with the DJI app?
Yes, there is no connection between the remote and the Phantom and it's not possible to re-establish the connection using the side-button.
The connection between the range extender and the Phantom also doesn't work, the mobile application reports an error.

What I have tried:
  • doing a hard-reset of the Phantom (by connecting pins F1 and F2 on the controller), as described here
  • tightening the GPS connector, as shown here
  • re-installing the firmware for all components which allow a re-installation

Firmware levels
Main controller - 3.14
GPS - 6.0.1.6
Receiver-5.8G - 1.0.1.3
P330CB - 1.0.2.10
Battery - 1.0.0.9
Zen IMU - 1.0.0.6

One additional thing to mention, there is an error message shown, every time Phantom is connected to the PC and the DJI Assitant application (Windows) is started:
CFG-ERR
Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters.
Which implies I should calibrate the remote, after binding it with the Phantom (but the binding doesn't work).
When connecting the remote to the PC, DJI RC Assistant doesn't report any errors.

Sorry for resuming such an old post, I've just got a very old P2 from flea market showing exactly same behavior shown in this post... someone has some clues? Thanks

Sorry for resuming such an old post, I've just got a very old P2 from flea market showing exactly same behavior shown in this post... someone has some clues? Thanks

As the original video has been removed, perhaps add one showing the issue, may help us old farts with bad memories

Sure, i'll do: in meantime i can try to explain better the issue:
Drone found in flea market so no idea what is the background,it might be stayed in at a bottom of lake for an year (unlikely)
What i'm doing:
Turn on transmitter -> green led -> connected to assistant via USB all poti working correclty.
Turn on drone -> Green led flashing on reciever 2.4Ghz dual antenna (it is connected to tx?)-> drone flashing yellow (connection lost)
Assistant on drone gives me CFG-ERR and al potis maxed out
if i go on firmware page i can see the reciever Phantom2-reciever version 1.0.0 so at least one of the 2 the dbus is connected and working
If i disconnect the dbus from the NAZA in the firmware page the reciever disappears so somehow is communciating with the NAZA when connected.

So seems a communication problem btw the reciever and the naza, there is a way to make a hard reset of the parameters of both? I've aleady upgraded firmware of everything (but not the reciever tells me up to date and no way to force an upgrade)

Thanks

Sure, i'll do: in meantime i can try to explain better the issue:
Drone found in flea market so no idea what is the background,it might be stayed in at a bottom of lake for an year (unlikely)
What i'm doing:
Turn on transmitter -> green led -> connected to assistant via USB all poti working correclty.
Turn on drone -> Green led flashing on reciever 2.4Ghz dual antenna (it is connected to tx?)-> drone flashing yellow (connection lost)
Assistant on drone gives me CFG-ERR and al potis maxed out
if i go on firmware page i can see the reciever Phantom2-reciever version 1.0.0 so at least one of the 2 the dbus is connected and working
If i disconnect the dbus from the NAZA in the firmware page the reciever disappears so somehow is communciating with the NAZA when connected.

So seems a communication problem btw the reciever and the naza, there is a way to make a hard reset of the parameters of both? I've aleady upgraded firmware of everything (but not the reciever tells me up to date and no way to force an upgrade)

Thanks
I would start with a full calibration, follow this guide, then also do a full IMU calibration,
If its in phantom mode then flashing yellow slow is waiting for satellites, fast flashing yellow is loss of connection to RC

If installing the assistant softwares on windows 10 you need to disable driver signing and then follow video 2 to force install the drivers

Thanks for the help,
I've found the issue the reciever in the P2 was stuck in a weird condition flashing green, so i pushed the button on th reciever for a looooong time like 20 sec the light turned red than off, than powered off and on and repeated the procedure with the transmitter on and finally i got green stable light,
Relearned all potis and IMU and now motors are spinning, now i'll clean up the whole stuff and try to fly it.
I need to find a suitable charger, in meantime i'll try to charge the battery with my b6ac...
Some clues on what i can do with it? it has no gimbal so i can try to play with it adding an FPV...
Really thanks for the support

so i can try to play with it adding an FPV...
If its the 2.4ghz version ( the controller is marked DJ6 or NDJ6) then you can add standard 5.8ghz FPV transmission system, there are lots of posts in the P2 section about this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.