No connection with the Remote

Ahoy fellow pilots,

as the subject says, there is a problem on my P2V+ with the remote controller connection.
Same thing as shown in this video for P3:
(original thread link: Standard - NO WIFI - NO SSID - NO CONNECTION WITH REMOTE CONTROLER)

It all worked fine and then after the last flight in which P2 had a somewhat harder landing (not crashing down, just a bit more rough touchdown) the connection stopped working.
As in the video, I've tried resetting the connection with the button on P2 and also connecting everything to a PC where DJI software shows no problems.

Any ideas what to check? Disassembling the P2 seems like an only option at the moment..

Spark

Last edited:
How to link

Turn off remote
Turn on quad
Push button under quad until it flashes (about 5 seconds
Turn on controller
Quad will link

The TX board could have been damaged, open the quad and check.

To bump this topic after some time, as it was out of my focus.

Meanwhile I have open the quad and checked the internal components, everything seems OK, no visible damages.
Also, I've double checked the remote in the System Assistant.

Remote controller specs
  • Firmware: 1.0.2.31
  • Operating frequency: 5.8 GHz
  • Loader: 12.1.0.3
  • Checked with System Assistant version: 1.2
Any ideas? Hints? Thanks!

I don't have any ideas, but please post the solution if you find it. I watched the video, but am unsure of what I was watching. You don't get any response with the controller to the drone when you for example, try to start the props? Can you control the camera with the DJI app?

I watched the video, but am unsure of what I was watching. You don't get any response with the controller to the drone when you for example, try to start the props? Can you control the camera with the DJI app?
Yes, there is no connection between the remote and the Phantom and it's not possible to re-establish the connection using the side-button.
The connection between the range extender and the Phantom also doesn't work, the mobile application reports an error.

What I have tried:
  • doing a hard-reset of the Phantom (by connecting pins F1 and F2 on the controller), as described here
  • tightening the GPS connector, as shown here
  • re-installing the firmware for all components which allow a re-installation

Firmware levels
Main controller - 3.14
GPS - 6.0.1.6
Receiver-5.8G - 1.0.1.3
P330CB - 1.0.2.10
Battery - 1.0.0.9
Zen IMU - 1.0.0.6

One additional thing to mention, there is an error message shown, every time Phantom is connected to the PC and the DJI Assitant application (Windows) is started:
CFG-ERR
Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters.
Which implies I should calibrate the remote, after binding it with the Phantom (but the binding doesn't work).
When connecting the remote to the PC, DJI RC Assistant doesn't report any errors.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetrecker