Newegg Buying Experience - Refurbished P4

A range of 3900' in my book is getting robbed of your freedom of the sky, but that's me. !
Completely agree. I'm "fortunate" living in NM, that I have a huge amount of open range to fly. I've flown my P3P out to 3933 feet across open prairie. That was under the best of conditions and I was still losing video link. We have some locations here that are otherwise inaccessible that would be great to be able to fly but I'm not willing to attempt it after seeing the result of that flight.

Completely agree. I'm "fortunate" living in NM, that I have a huge amount of open range to fly. I've flown my P3P out to 3933 feet across open prairie. That was under the best of conditions and I was still losing video link. We have some locations here that are otherwise inaccessible that would be great to be able to fly but I'm not willing to attempt it after seeing the result of that flight.

Were there power lines near you or anything that could cause interference? I flew my P3A out to 9500 feet yesterday from my backyard which is covered in trees and I could have kept going but it was a bit too windy.

Something doesn't sound right with your low range.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Nearest power line was about 1/8 mile behind me, at the nearest point and runs NW from my home point. Flying west.

This isn't the longest range flight, but it is the same location. The longest flight was the scouting flight to build this shooting range. The distance from the home point and the berm you'll see is 1001 yards.
http://nm-ccw.com/Rogers-Range/RangeRogersFlight.mp4

Sorry about the quality - it was windy - pretty typical here in NM prairie

Last edited:
Update: After repeated attempts to cancel my order it arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to open it up and see its condition or attempt to fly it. Once I do I will update this post. The savings of 150 didn't seem worth it to me, but its here so wtf.... :0

I ordered a refurbished from DJI, it looked brand-new in a new box, all the accessories are brand-new in sealed packages. It came with the normal warranty also. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's good to hear! With so little information available about the P4 refurbished I'd changed my mind, hence attempting to cancel. Thanks and I'll update with my experience after work today.

Unpacked refurbished p4, missing sd card. No big deal, charged battery, began charging rc. Rc stops charging with two lights lit only after 2 hrs. Any tips or advice for this? While newegg states I can return through them even after activation I'm not sure how to proceed now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recently got a P4 as well. The pro is really enticing. How long do you think the P4 will be close to top of the line? Is it worth $500 more to return and get the pro before my return period ends late Jan at Best Buy ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Tough call. If I had the 500, I would go for it myself. P4p camera is NICE and the additional flight modes and sensors are totally worth it alone IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app
It was a very tough call. I plan to use it for light business use with real estate or other similar purposes. I opted for the DJI Osmos mobile to help with any interior shots to go with the P4 standard in the air. I am just hoping the difference in video isn't night and day once it comes out..

Sent from my LG-H918 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also - Whats the feature updates like from new drones to older? Will the Phantom 4 get some of the features like draw?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl