Buy from Amazon or Dealer?

Reaction score
The $200 off sale on the P3A has me ready to pull the trigger. Now that I've decided WHICH drone to buy, I'm having trouble deciding WHERE to buy it. (Anyone know if this is a permanent price drop or a temporary sale?)

I've read a lot of opinions that I should buy from Amazon from a DJI authorised dealer with fulfilment by Amazon in order to have an added layer of customer service and protection via their 30-day return policy and A-to-Z Guarantee. However, the only seller on Amazon offering the reduced sale price and Prime shipping is a place called "PC Rush". Never heard of them, and my expectations are pretty low in terms of their knowledge and customer support if I need anything after the sale.

I've also seen a lot of accolades for Drones Etc and Drone World. Drones Etc also sell through Amazon, but do not offer Prime shipping with Amazon fulfilment, so whilst I'd be covered by Amazon's A-to-Z Guarantee, shipping and return shipping (if necessary) are less convenient.

Can anyone share their buying and post-sale support experiences with me? I would either like to have Amazon's added layer of protection or be able to reward and do business with someone who has a reputation for taking care of their customers.

Cheers.

Anyone know if this is a permanent price drop or a temporary sale?
It's not a permanent price drop. DJI has not said when the sale will end. I wouldn't wait around too long though if you want to take advantage of this deal.

the only seller on Amazon offering the reduced sale price and Prime shipping is a place called "PC Rush"
It's a Prime deal, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If it does not arrive as expected, you can easily ship it back to Amazon (on their dime).

FYI, PC Rush is an authorized DJI dealer. They are listed on DJI's website here. You can find a list of other authorized DJI dealers selling Phantoms on Amazon here:

Buy A DJI Phantom (Deals Update Daily)

Another option would be to buy directly from DJI. It'll mostly likely take 4 or so more business days to get to you, but it's a good option too. I've purchased quadcopters from DJI directly and I usually get them in about 4 business days (when they aren't having huge sales).

my expectations are pretty low in terms of their knowledge and customer support if I need anything after the sale
That's what this forum is for :)

Last edited:
If you have a dealer in your area I would buy from them in case anything is wrong. Some have reported focus defects with their P3P and P3A. The sale is rumored to end at the end of this month but I wouldn't wait until then. Another alternative is to buy directly from DJI. I have wondered if the units they sell, and the units they ship to box stores like Bestbuy are of the same quality. I am on my 3rd best buy exchange and this last one had a cable disconnected on the gimbal which made it so I could get telemetry data but no video feed. I had to plug it back in myself with a pair of very small needle nose pliers.

My two cents. I bought a P3A @ Amazon (prime service fulfilled by amazon) from US Hobby and has to return for a video problem. No problem Then reorder another prime service fullfilled by Amazon but this time it was from stores123. This has no problems but for what I have read this one has no DJI warranty?

This has no problems but for what I have read this one has no DJI warranty?
It will still be covered under DJI's warranty. Many people bought their Phantoms from sellers who are not authorized DJI dealers -- and, later sent them in for warranty work.

Reactions: phantomi
Thanks. Hope not to use it. :)
If you were the one to activate the Phantom with your email you should have no problem sending it in for warranty work even if you don't have the receipt so like msinger said, I don't think it matters who you bought it from (unless you are buying used.)

Reactions: phantomi
unless you are buying used
I'm not sure how this works. I don't see any mention of it on DJI's website.

According to DJI's warranty, you will only be eligible for warranty service when the following conditions are met:
  • The product must not have been subjected to abnormal or unauthorized used, as intended by the manufacturer during the warranty period.
  • No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed on the product or a component.
  • Product labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering.
  • You provide a valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (for DJI Direct Sales).

According to DJI's warranty, you will only be eligible for warranty service when the following conditions are met:
  • The product must not have been subjected to abnormal or unauthorized used, as intended by the manufacturer during the warranty period.
  • No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed on the product or a component.
  • Product labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering.
  • You provide a valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number (for DJI Direct Sales).
I am probably wrong but when I sent mine in for warranty work their main concern was what email I used to activate it.

So if I buy from a Phantom 3 from amazon, I will have a DJI warranty if my drone malfunctions? Will it be a repair or exchange or what happens?

DJI will honor their warranty if you buy from Amazon. If your drone malfunctions, you'll need to contact DJI and let them determine whether or not the damage will be covered under warranty.

DJI will honor their warranty if you buy from Amazon. If your drone malfunctions, you'll need to contact DJI and let them determine whether or not the damage will be covered under warranty.
Ok thanks, Im gonna go buy it now

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl