Problems with the Ocusync Air HD System and warranty woes

Reaction score
OK, so I have been on the forum about a year and have always been very supportive of DJI, until now.

I bought the DJI RE Goggles Bundle, with Ocysync Air and other accessories. I had issues with just getting it together due to inadequate information in the manual. I had to go through Corporate to finally find a person who could tell me whether you HAD to use 2 antenna at all times with this unit. DJI Orange County, that sold it to me, said they had no clue how it works, never saw one setup or used. WOW, that is great training for a new WORLD store.

So, I got it to work on the bench, updated it to .0400 fw and put it away until I got the airplane built for it, I planed on only using it for HD video, not control. Sure enough, I get the plane built, put it in and it doesn't want to link and show video, did show it several times, then just stopped. So, I try to update it, it fails with an error code, that I research and find others had the same experience, some fixed, some not. It will quit at 52% every time.

SO, I call DJI support, told they will give me a call back, haven't heard from them. Sooo, I call Orange County and get ready for this!!!!!!!! They tell me there is NO WARRANTY for this device, as in, there is no implied warranty that he could find. So, the Ocusync was never warrantied to work.

More, they inform me that the REAL warranty for the Goggles and the accessories that came with it is 30 DAYS. Return policy is as follows, refund if returned within 7 days and the devices must not have been initialized. WELL, you can't get this stuff to work, UNTIL YOU INITIALIZE THEM.

Soooooooo, if you turn the devices on and initialize them so you can determine whether they work or not, you can no longer return them! Now that sux!

I told DJI, that though I had spent a few thousand on their products in the last year, I will not spend another dollar on a DJI product, ever, ever, ever.

What I am saying is this, they do not actually provide support, not like other places. They imply warranties like 12 months, yet if you ask you find that is just not true, it is 30 days, yet you will not find this 30 days anywhere in your warranty. Not sure how you can get them fixed under the 12 month coverage for certain parts, if there is actually only a 30 day warranty. You tell me, I cant figure it out.

So, I know that I cant sell the damned Ocusync, not when it doesn't work. The goggles well they might bring 1/3 of what I paid for them, if I could find a buyer, there are no other DJI Goggles in the entire area, not one.

To me, this all points to a bad situation that you don't know about until it happens. I wont take any more chances, I would buy Fatshark or any other brand before I would consider the DJI goggles, I don't think there is any real support for them, though Orange County did say that if I brought everything down to the store, they would try to find out what is wrong. But, there is no warranty, so it would cost me. I don't think they can repair a unit, so I would just have to buy a new one, if it is defective. I am not willing to buy another anything, so I guess I am just SOL.

I don't like or do rants, so thanks for reading. Honestly, it is not really a rant as much as explaining what I am finding out about DJI, when things don't go well. If you don't agree, that is fine, if you do then great.

But there is no new P4p2 or Mavic or any other DJI drone in my future, not sure what I will do with my P4p, probably just fly it until it no longer works, I have not issues with it as it has performed well for me. My issue is with the purchase of the Goggles Package and wanted to warn others of possible future problems.

I wouldn’t be copping that one sweet. You allmost certainly have consumer guarantees that will operate and can be enforced by the consumer regulations despite what DJI is trying to tell you their warranty obligations are. Not working as supplied is exchange or refund (your choice) in most jurisdictions. Don’t let them con you.

Yeah, I spent some time on the phone and email with them. I am now experiencing other issues with the Analog link, some of my models have a weak and black and white display in the DJI RE goggles, but with any other goggle or tablet, the video is beautiful color and test out to 1.25 miles. Not sure what is going on, but I will soon pack everything up and send it in I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers