Newegg Buying Experience - Refurbished P4

S2VjID.png

Can't wait!! I received the Backpack, 64GB Sandisk microSD card, Lanyard, and Extra P3 battery that I ordered yesterday from Amazon. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day since I am off from work!

Reactions: iSilentP
Ahh that sucks man, I am sorry! I got a shipment notification this morning for my P3A and it will arrive tomorrow. Crazy fast! It shipped from Austell, GA and is coming to me in Austin, TX.

So excite! Much wow!
Now THAT'S what I call fast. Two days from order to delivery. Great for you. Sucks for me. ;-)

Got my P3A today and updated all the firmware this afternoon. Just got back from doing a 7 minute test flight around the neighborhood. I absolutely LOVE this thing. I am kicking myself in the face for not having bought one sooner.

Any news from Newegg? I placed a request for them to contact seller for an update but have yet to hear back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I chatted with them this afternoon. It's been 7 days since I placed the order and no movement on the status. I found a P4 on Craigslist that I am going to buy tomorrow and have asked for Newegg to cancel the order as it appears that it is on backorder. Don't want to wait much longer. Also checked with DJI on the warranty. Turns out that they will honor the warranty as long as I can supply the receipt from original owner. Original owner bought this in July so there's still some warranty left on it. That said, I should have my P4 in my hands tomorrow morning. Excited.

iSilentP, did you get your P4???
Also, can you provide an update on your cancellation status? I also have cancelled and wondering if DJI will release the authorization or I'll have to wait for it to roll off.

iSilentP, did you get your P4???
Also, can you provide an update on your cancellation status? I also have cancelled and wondering if DJI will release the authorization or I'll have to wait for it to roll off.
I received my cancellation email about a day later from DJI. Still looking for P4. Trying to get best deal possible. I see lots of folks upgrading to newest model and trying to sell their P4s. Looking for that deal.

Reactions: Badgenes
I called newegg yesterday to cancel after receiving an email that from dji that it wouldn't ship until after 11/20. Apparently dji must approve the cancellation and as of yet I've heard nada :( Good luck on your search. Hopefully I can get my money refunded by next week.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

A range of 3900' in my book is getting robbed of your freedom of the sky, but that's me. That's exactly the range I got with my P4 and GL300C controller (custom quiet ch, 4mbps). The problem is my P3P with (GL300A) was always going 2 to 3 miles with a windsurfer. For months I didn't fly my P4 because of it's poor range. Then I linked a GL658A Inspire controller to my P4 craft. Now it can easily go 2+miles, and I've gone over 3 miles in quiet areas. I don't feel I'm a distance junkie, but I certainly like the freedom of going somewhere without worry of a weak signal. Ocu-Sync? I'm in, if it's really got a better range.

I've learned not to believe DJI marketing hype. Remember the P4 hype.... 28min? 3.1mi? NOT ! It's more like 21min and <1mi using a stock GL300C controller.

I still love the DJI products, the best!

Got my P3A today and updated all the firmware this afternoon. Just got back from doing a 7 minute test flight around the neighborhood. I absolutely LOVE this thing. I am kicking myself in the face for not having bought one sooner.
If you would of bought it sooner it would of cost you $999 instead of $539. I think it was worth the wait.

If you would of bought it sooner it would of cost you $999 instead of $539. I think it was worth the wait.
In August of 2014 I purchased a Phantom 2 Vision Plus from B&H online to take with me on an offroading trip in the Rocky Mountains. I think at the time the package was like $1800. I ordered it a week before I was going to leave but the day after ordering I got an email saying they were on backorder. So, I cancelled my order. I hadn't seriously thought about purchasing another one until last week. That's what I was referring to when I said I should have bought one earlier! :)

I downloaded Litchi yesterday and used it today in FPV mode with my VR Box 2. It is definitely fun flying around in FPV but will take some getting used to. I used FPV for 10 minutes or so and then took it out of FPV and mounted my phone on the controller and flew around the remaining 10 minutes that way. Honestly, I like the OSD of the DJI Go app a lot better than Litchi's OSD. I will just have to get used to it I suppose since there are far more features in Litchi.

Do not buy through newegg from DJI, refurbished at least. I attempted to cancel my order November 17th due to absurdly long shipping delays. To date my order is NOT cancelled, DJI is not responding since informing Newegg and myself that my order would ship 11 days after purchase. I will update you on what the outcome is but at this point Newegg tells me I may have to refuse delivery and wait until it is returned to China. 10 days easily in transit before I get my funds returned, if that rapidly. Newegg, unlike Amazon, can and will not do anything in regard to orders placed through them involving third-party sellers. What a clusterfuck, terrible timing and overall terrible customer service.

Do not buy through newegg from DJI, refurbished at least. I attempted to cancel my order November 17th due to absurdly long shipping delays. To date my order is NOT cancelled, DJI is not responding since informing Newegg and myself that my order would ship 11 days after purchase. I will update you on what the outcome is but at this point Newegg tells me I may have to refuse delivery and wait until it is returned to China. 10 days easily in transit before I get my funds returned, if that rapidly. Newegg, unlike Amazon, can and will not do anything in regard to orders placed through them involving third-party sellers. What a clusterfuck, terrible timing and overall terrible customer service.
FWIW, my refurbished P3A came from Austell, Georgia (just northwest of Atlanta) and made it to Austin, TX in 3 days. I don't know if that's where all refurbished drones end up or not but it may be exponentially quicker than coming from China.

I feel for you though man. :(

A range of 3900' in my book is getting robbed of your freedom of the sky, but that's me. That's exactly the range I got with my P4 and GL300C controller (custom quiet ch, 4mbps). The problem is my P3P with (GL300A) was always going 2 to 3 miles with a windsurfer. For months I didn't fly my P4 because of it's poor range. Then I linked a GL658A Inspire controller to my P4 craft. Now it can easily go 2+miles, and I've gone over 3 miles in quiet areas. I don't feel I'm a distance junkie, but I certainly like the freedom of going somewhere without worry of a weak signal. Ocu-Sync? I'm in, if it's really got a better range.

I've learned not to believe DJI marketing hype. Remember the P4 hype.... 28min? 3.1mi? NOT ! It's more like 21min and <1mi using a stock GL300C controller.

I still love the DJI products, the best!
I tested the range with my P3a and P4 which both came with 300C and I got around 2,5km (8200ft) with the P3a before I lost video and 2km (6560ft) with the P4. Both stock.
I would probably have been able to go further with both if there wasn't any trees in the way...
P4 + windsurfers got me to 3km (9840ft) at the same spot.
This is in Europe so CE mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20