New phantom 3 standard owner

Reaction score
So I bought a new phantom 3 standard today. First real quad and I'm a tad kn the excited side.
Question though,is there a windows app(I'm a Lumia user) or is it time to scrounge up the old Droid?

Nope. You can only use an Android or Apple device.

I HAVE TO GO BUY A 700$ PHONE NOW
You could. Or you could just pick up an inexpensive Android tablet -- like the Nvidia Shield. And, if you want to save even more money, go buy a used tablet on eBay.

If you want to see other commonly used devices, you can find a complete list here.

So the Phone/tablet doesn't need to be with a carrier or have service?

Nope. All you need is a device with Wi-Fi. You don't need an active Internet connection unless you want to stream video to YouTube.

Ohhhhhhhhh

THANK YOU!!!
While I'm banging my head on the wall punishing myself for the spaz attack. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use the app?

There are a few good tutorials on YouTube. I like the video below. It's for an older version of the app, but most of it still applies.

monker thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Please refrain from the obscenities in your post. There are many knowledgeable members here to learn from and share stories with.
I want you to be part of that so just go easy in the future and it's no worries. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you again!
You should change your screen name to master sensei.
Sorry, wont make any excuse; was only a little angry after the people at the store told me I could use a Nokia Lumia and/or surface for the app and the dji guy told me I needed what would amount to new service. I hate spending this much money on something I can't use. Coupled with the fact that around here there is no one to learn how these things work from. It wasn't until my rant that I was told otherwise.
Apologies.

so this is how the online hobby drone world is? The new kid gets pretty much lied out of almost a thousand dollars and when he has an emotional outburst after getting something he saved a good while for and cant even get to turn on a dirty adult word slips out and he's met with help and a triplet of public scoldings?
Then apologizes for the dirty word and still gets a warning and a private scolding by the "modzilla" to accompany the public scolding?
Ummmmm, guess I know where I wont be welcomed.
Thank yall to those that offered help, hopefully I can get this expensiveboat anchor airborn.- and thank for the pity and helping out an outsider.

I wont be disturbing yall valuable little internet home again

Hum, Take your grief on where you made your purchase. (Return it or trash there web sight). Not who was trying to help with your questions.

Reactions: Noodle

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl