P3 Firmware New P3 Pro- Updated firmware, now camera doesn't work.

Reaction score
*First time poster here*

Hello all,

I bought a DJI Phantom 3 Professional yesterday and it has been great. After a day of flying it successfully, I decided to update the firmware with the most recent file listed on DJI's website, firmware version 1.5.0030.

I followed instructions and updated the aircraft using the micro SD card with no other files than the firmware .bin on it. The status report file shows a successful update. The DJI Go app shows no more updates required.

However, after the update the camera now does not work. When I power up the drone, the camera spins around for a few seconds before slumping down as if it were turned off and the DJI Go app just shows a blank screen with the DJI logo in the center. I can still fly the aircraft though.

Did I update using the wrong firmware or am I missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If more information is required let me know.

Thank you

*First time poster here*

Hello all,

I bought a DJI Phantom 3 Professional yesterday and it has been great. After a day of flying it successfully, I decided to update the firmware with the most recent file listed on DJI's website, firmware version 1.5.0030.

I followed instructions and updated the aircraft using the micro SD card with no other files than the firmware .bin on it. The status report file shows a successful update. The DJI Go app shows no more updates required.

However, after the update the camera now does not work. When I power up the drone, the camera spins around for a few seconds before slumping down as if it were turned off and the DJI Go app just shows a blank screen with the DJI logo in the center. I can still fly the aircraft though.

Did I update using the wrong firmware or am I missing something here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If more information is required let me know.

Thank you
What are the firmware update versions showing in the Go App Under the About Screen -- you should be showing the same versions as noted in my signature line.

You may have downloaded wrong firmware. There two files, one for advanced & professional. Double check file name and try again.

I've got an issue and not sure if it's the same,

I've recently purchased a new gimbal and camera for my P3A because I landed onto a rock damgeing the previous camera,

When I turn on my bird everything seems normal camera starts to move but after about 20 seconds the camera goes limp and when trying to power off the lights start flashing red on the battery several times before powering off,

On the DJI Go app my p3a is appearing as a professional ? And there is no camera signal and it's saying the gimbal is disconnected ,

I don't know if I've installed professional firmware onto it by mistake ?

The gimbal is making no noise either, over checked all connections and they are perfect,

A Matui,
All,

Unfortunately, today, on my P3A, I got exactly the same problem than yours.

Do you find any solution?

THanks a lot,

Florent

I've got an issue and not sure if it's the same,

I've recently purchased a new gimbal and camera for my P3A because I landed onto a rock damgeing the previous camera,

When I turn on my bird everything seems normal camera starts to move but after about 20 seconds the camera goes limp and when trying to power off the lights start flashing red on the battery several times before powering off,

On the DJI Go app my p3a is appearing as a professional ? And there is no camera signal and it's saying the gimbal is disconnected ,

I don't know if I've installed professional firmware onto it by mistake ?

The gimbal is making no noise either, over checked all connections and they are perfect,
1) Did you get a P3A gimbal? The Professional gimbal actually will work on an Advanced, but you need to install the Professional firmware.
2) Did you indeed install the correct firmware? As the OP has found out, it is blitheringly easy to install the wrong one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31