New motherboard and motor but ESC Error !

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i have a really strange problem with my P3P. After a crash i broke up one of prop guard of the phantom so i decided to open it up to check it was all fine. With the shield open the phantom working fine so i went for the reassembling but i used a longer screw and i broke the winding of one motor
38_2x.gif
and when i try to fly ESC error appeared for the fisrt time. I'm a little bit skilled with soldering so i changed the motor broken but ESC error showed up again. To be sure this time i changed the entirely motherboard and the other 3 motor but the error it's still there ! If i downgrade the firmware( i'm in 1.10.90 but wit debug mode i tried the 1.09.60 and the 1.08.80) i have the barometer error. From the log i really don't understand wich one esc is in error beaucase seem all are working. I really don't know what to do now, any ideas ?

Many thanks in advance
Sorry for my english but i'm italian
14_2x.gif

Attachments

• LOG.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 268
Did splice motor wires or terminate at the motherboard? If you spliced check your work- the fly leads are magnet wire, each strand inside the spaghetti has clear insulation. If your good at soldering you would have seen that the solder didn't take nicely and you will almost certainly have an open circuit across at least one phase.

First of all many thanks for the reply :)

The motors i received had tinned copper at the end. I just checked the resistance with multimer from the bottom of the board and seem all are connected ( 0.6 ohm on all the windings).

Just to know i tried with another phone but the error is the same. And all the spare parts was original DJI. And the 0.6 ohm on the windings it's correct ?

do all the motors make a DDDD sound when you fire it up. yes, that sound comes from the motors. so when you're turning the bird on put your ear really close to each motor and do that
4 times.
if one or more don't make that sound, there is your problem. might be a motor.
did you solder the LED's on? if they're not soldered on you will get an ESC error also.
Just to know i tried with another phone but the error is the same. And all the spare parts was original DJI. And the 0.6 ohm on the windings it's correct ?

Reactions: droneforumaccount
do all the motors make a DDDD sound when you fire it up. yes, that sound comes from the motors. so when you're turning the bird on put your ear really close to each motor and do that
4 times.
if one or more don't make that sound, there is your problem. might be a motor.
did you solder the LED's on? if they're not soldered on you will get an ESC error also.

that's amazing. I never would have thought the D-D-D-D! sound was from each individual motor. I just did the same thing - replaced the main board and still getting ESC error. was about to painstakingly swap out each motor, but thanks for the tip!!! my rear left doesn't chirp.

I build pcs....and if in doubt and if it doesn't work ...have u tried stripping it back again and redo your install

First of all many thanks for the reply :)

The motors i received had tinned copper at the end. I just checked the resistance with multimer from the bottom of the board and seem all are connected ( 0.6 ohm on all the windings).
.6 ohm sound about right.

Last edited:
that's amazing. I never would have thought the D-D-D-D! sound was from each individual motor. I just did the same thing - replaced the main board and still getting ESC error. was about to painstakingly swap out each motor, but thanks for the tip!!! my rear left doesn't chirp.
try with a different motor.
did you solder LED's on the new main board?
if you didn't, it will return ESC error.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20