New leaked p3 advanced leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mal said -->> I need to move somewhere sunny. <<

If things get to too hot over there you're welcome to visit me in "Sunny" Florida. Be advised I live way out in the woods and hard to find though. Lots of flying space though.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
If it is true the P3A may not be for sale when she gets back from warranty repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mal,
I came back yesterday from a two weeks long holiday, where I did not have any internet connection. Today I came across this surprisingly long thread, which I admit I haven't read all.
I can't understand most of the reply.
As a P3A I am VERY happy for the news, both for the increased resolution and for the GS features.
2.7k video is not a huge jump but is a jump forward anyway. It will let me crop and straighten my videos (if necessary) and still have a full hd resolution. GS support is what I am missing since my AR.DRONE 2.0 days, and what made me envy the solo users.
When these features will be finally added, I am sure I will have an incredible piece of hardware to fly.
And I have to say, I am happy I went for the P3A rather than the SOLO, not only for the prices.
This bird really is an incredible toy.
Thanks again for the news. I hope you wont have any legal issues for the leaked news.
Now... waiting for the updates!

Phantom 3 Advanced

What's New

1. Optimize aircraft performance with GS feature enabled.

2. Add 2.7K video output option for camera. Need use with latest beta APP. Android users can test this first.

Bug Fixed

1. Fixed the issue that APP alerts "Aircraft moving is detected" each time the aircraft powers on.

My delete finger is getting a callous on it. Read message #205. Any posts about leaks or who should stay or go are going to be deleted from this thread as they are off topic. Even the normal off-topic stuff I haven't deleted looks more on-topic than this stuff! Let it go!

Reply bans and warning points in effect. :eek:

If you want to talk about something crazy like 2.7K and Phantoms, please carry on. :rolleyes:

The only thing "better" about the P3 Standsrd a Camera is the 2.7k option. But the camera itself is inferior I believe overall. It uses different optics than the Adv / Pro camera and also can. Or shoot 1080P 60FPS
Well one other advantage might be battery performance. I am considering one in addition to my P3P. For mission playing around I think having longer flying time is beneficial and since it's a few hundred bucks cheaper it's less painful to lose

The camera on the P3S is likely to be similar if not the same as the P3P but with a scaled down processor. Same for the P3A. The P3P has the fan on it but to be honest, I question the need for it.

The GoPro is based on exactly the same hardware. A few have overheated but most seam to work in extreme environments pumping out 4K and 2.7K all day long. No fan and most often in an air-tight enclosure.

It's possible the P3P will have higher frame rates and bitrates for 2.7K than the P3A or P3S.

Me.. as a p3p owner wish I knew this before I bought the P3P. Otherwise I would have bought the P3a instead . The 2k is more then enough power for me . I think we p3p owners should get a free upgrade to . Like this one ........80 M.P. specially made to use on a drone. Just joking haha but would be nice to own this camera.

Attachments

• 1440349461439.jpg
    1440349461439.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 377
A clarification question for Mal, and others that know: Are we talking about a firmware change to the P3A that will allow 2.7k? Or are we talking about a whole new update to the hardware (a new incremental upgrade to the next gen of aircraft to ship?)

The reason I ask, I just received an email from DJI that specifically said "the camera is NOT firmware upgradable to permit 2.7k, but notice that the sensor in the 1080 A is better than the sensor in the 2.7 S. "

Weird. I know DJI doesn't owe me any advanced look or needs to let any confidential future plans out of the bag, but to specifically tell me that NO it's not even possible and is hardware-impossible...

Made me wonder what this leak is referring to (next gen software? Or next gen hardware?).

Kudos to whomever else read the whole thread. This thing is quickly becoming a book....
Yeah, this is better than a Tom Clancy novel. Must...get...back... on....topic...
I've got a P3A and usually shoot video at 1080p 60, then change to 24p in post, so the 2.7k upgrade is good news to me for a couple of reasons. It'll allow for more cropping and zooming options in post to remove unwanted parts of the image (like props or landing gear), as well as fine tune a manual poi maneuver where the subject has moved too far left or right of centre of camera. In addition the higher resolution will allow the use of slightly more destructive filters in post and still maintain good resolution in the final downsized 1080p edit. And it means I can still edit effectively on my current computer (I can't edit 4k) If you're into doing special effects on your P3 footage, the 2.7k upgrade is indeed good news.
Now the waiting begins...;)

The camera on the P3S is likely to be similar if not the same as the P3P but with a scaled down processor. Same for the P3A. The P3P has the fan on it but to be honest, I question the need for it..

Not the same CCD sensor is it? I thought the actual sensor was a lessor quality one and not the same Sony unit used on the P3A and P3P??

2.7k upgrade is good news!

Will the software we use adjust to 2.7k?
Yes as long as the reported frame rates are equal nothing should change.
When using PowerDirector using the 1080p presets will just take the 2.7k video and create a better result.
Something we have been doing with 4k down sampling on the P3P.

As of yet I have not seen a conversion to just 2.7 in PowerDirector... Chime in if you have more to add...

:) In case this question pop's up.

;) copied pasted and saved on me HD. :) Thanks MAL

P3 Advanced owners need not worry about the better camera on the standard. You'll see a nice surprise in the next update......
Nice to hear it..really **** good news...if this really comes out ill say DJI has nail it!!!!!!one of the best drone.what DJI do is hearing what are consumer needs. Right strategy.but ill say in 2016 DJI has to up its game coz gopro aim to beat Dji...so we hope dji fix all the errors
Mal, while you may not have an NDA on file you are still in violation in disseminating proprietary information. We gave you no permission to post the information. Blade and I do post information but we have permission from DJI to do so. You had no such permission.

c'mon guys give him a break....he didn't say he is from DJI. so readers out there its up to ur IQ how far you wan to believe this. thats simple. if the guy have a good way of getting information and all the time he is accurate so he is good. he just say it not he sold the information to competitors....its like a gossip...so don't take it seriously. the guy was overwhelmed, overjoyed with the info that he gets...im sure all of u out there once u get a leaked information im sure ur so happy to tell others especially ur a die hard DJI fan. so we wait n see...

So this 2.7k? Anyone prefer it to 4k and why?

A lot of Gopro 4 users are going to be peeved. Many Gopro 4 users find 2.7k as the sweet spot. Some potential P3 buyers avoided because neither the adv or pro could do 2.7k. It must have been amusing to them to find out that the lowest ranked P3 did 2.7k.
And I hope that P3P users don't get left in the dark. I hope they get premium options - 2.7k@30fps AND 2.7k@60fps.

Taking a chance of sounding ignorant, if I shoot a video at 1080p, 2.7k and 4.0k, would I be able to see the difference? (assume no post production and that the P3P had all three modes available...)

Taking a chance of sounding ignorant, if I shoot a video at 1080p, 2.7k and 4.0k, would I be able to see the difference? (assume no post production and that the P3P had all three modes available...)

In my case for what I do. Little or no difference. But 4K does help me in post if I have edits, zooms and pans, etc.

N
That could depend on your playback system. On a 4k device you'd probably notice the improved look.

Interesting thread. 2.7k will mean having a good reason to upgrade as a P3A owner, rather than monitoring the forum in a bid to work out what has/hasn't been fixed with each firmware release; as there is little to no info from DJI with regards to bug fixes.

If only someone could share that info too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3