New leaked p3 advanced leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Must've missed this somewhere along the way. Can you point me to the site/thread where this information came from? No sense duplicating the same info here.:)

Don't get your hopes up. It's not optical. So it's pretty useless.

Downsampling in camera is pointless. It's more work for the processor that could be doing other things and it will never be as good as downsampling in post.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
A 4k video "zoomed" to 2x is a 1080 video! VERY usable! Especially if a person is producing a final cut at 1080 anyway.
I agree that digital zoom to 1080p is a great idea. It will save time on those who record 4K and do post zooming/cropping.

MAL: BTW Really cool Cathedral Video!
Thanks man. Only officially released the video yesterday afternoon and it's starting to go viral here in Ireland. 5k hits in 24 hours. A lot of the main media sites are running with it today and I've a few radio interviews lined up. Fingers crossed it'll go bigger :)

Thanks man. Only officially released the video yesterday afternoon and it's starting to go viral here in Ireland. 5k hits in 24 hours. A lot of the main media sites are running with it today and I've a few radio interviews lined up. Fingers crossed it'll go bigger :)
I missed the post I guess.
2.7k? (gotta stay on an approved subject)

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Whoa! Must've missed this somewhere along the way. Can you point me to the site/thread where this information came from? No sense duplicating the same info here.:)

This information was posted on the DJI forum. The OP, his threads, and any posts made to any of his threads has been deleted from that forum. The OP basically dumped the settings in the ambarella chip, can't remember if it was the P3A or P3P version of the chip. But, I recall seeing the zoom option for 2X and the default being 1X. The OP was the 1st person to claim that he had the services bin to downgrade the firmware on the Phantom. He sent it by email to those that asked. Fast forward a few weeks later and I doubt that there many Phantom users on this forum that don't have that file.

This information was posted on the DJI forum. The OP, his threads, and any posts made to any of his threads has been deleted from that forum. The OP basically dumped the settings in the ambarella chip, can't remember if it was the P3A or P3P version of the chip. But, I recall seeing the zoom option for 2X and the default being 1X. The OP was the 1st person to claim that he had the services bin to downgrade the firmware on the Phantom. He sent it by email to those that asked. Fast forward a few weeks later and I doubt that there many Phantom users on this forum that don't have that file.
I'm not understanding. Mainly because I've been off the forum a few weeks. What are you talking about?

I'm not understanding. Mainly because I've been off the forum a few weeks. What are you talking about?

Read Post #280 forward and you will be caught up on this!

Well... when is this great leak going to happen? Or is it...since China's market is crashing, wondering if this will prolong the release of this new PHANTOM firmware.

Well... when is this great leak going to happen? Or is it...since China's market is crashing, wondering if this will prolong the release of this new PHANTOM firmware.
Well if China's market is crashing, then that's the news scoop of the year-- no, this news is not going to have anything to do with the release of the Phantom Firmware.
Or- Maybe DJI's slowness in releasing firmware is sending the China market into freefall is the next scoop???. :p:p I heard the Hollywood was scripting the post into a new movie thriller??? This leak soap opera just keeps on chugging.:D:D 294 posts and still alive.:D

I'm talking about the information and file. What file?

Buck, what don't you understand? You jumped into my response to another person's question to me. Exactly, what information are you talking about? Are you asking about the service bin file that has been discussed in detail in many threads, on many forums? If so, it was the only way to downgrade firmware on the phantom, prior to the recent FW upgrade that now provides that capability. And, remember there is a search function on this site!!!

Thanks for the info, DaGunn. Found the thread on the DJI forum that had the info about the capabilities of the processor and the sensor.
To BuckRogers...check robrogkr's posts on DJI forum.

Buck, what don't you understand? You jumped into my response to another person's question to me. Exactly, what information are you talking about? Are you asking about the service bin file that has been discussed in detail in many threads, on many forums? If so, it was the only way to downgrade firmware on the phantom, prior to the recent FW upgrade that now provides that capability. And, remember there is a search function on this site!!!
All right. Relax. Like I said, I haven't been hovering over the forum for the past few weeks. I've had some hand surgery and been out of it. What you are talking about is a file used for the phantom that is similar to a file called gold master that was used to reset the firmware on the inspire. I like to collect such files because you never know if you need them down the road. That's why I'm interested in your conversation.

Seems some people read the whole thread commenting on the way (posts now deleted) but conveniently miss the parts about ending the discussion on DJI and their response to the leak. And since we can't seem to help ourselves but gab about it endlessly, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik