New Firmware V01.04.0602

As long as DJI GO 4 is 4.0.7 (you can get it on APK Mirror) and the aircraft is 1.03.0509 then I don't think there's anything DJI can do to force you to update, even if you log on as a different user. Until the recent change updates had to be in sync, but as long as that requirement was met the firmware didn't force new updates. That's changed now, but in the older firmware there is no mechanism to force an update.

My P4P operates very smoothly on 1.03.0509 and that's good because it is the last update it will ever see.
Thanks for the clarification! Loving 1.03.0509, now that I have switched my 4K 60 recordings to 3840x2160 instead of 4096x2160 to eliminate the incessant 4096x2160 video glitches! :cool:

Lost the ability to connect the RC to the drone as well. Any ideas for a fix? Feels like we just got our gear bricked!

I had the same problem after the software update at the AC. After a long back and forth with the support in NL I found a video showing the software downgrade of RC.
I did this and uups everything worked again.

I was having issues with AC v1.03.0602 and RC v01.04.01.00 combination (lost video, not linking etc) - rolled back the AC to v1.03.0509 and updated again to v1.03.0602 and then "downgraded" the RC v01.04.01.00 to itself via the app and that set everything right again. Effectively resetting everything to defaults and solving all problems I was having.

This process worked flawlessly to rollback my firmware to 1.03.0509 -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Repository of previous firmware here -

dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub

I think it should be a mandatory step to reset to defaults whenever loading a new firmware - I get the feeling it may solve some issues in the firmware not upgrading properly which is easy to interpret incorrectly as a buggy firmware. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I was having issues with AC v1.03.0602 and RC v01.04.01.00 combination (lost video, not linking etc) - rolled back the AC to v1.03.0509 and updated again to v1.03.0602 and then "downgraded" the RC v01.04.01.00 to itself via the app and that set everything right again. Effectively resetting everything to defaults and solving all problems I was having.

I think it should be a mandatory step to reset to defaults whenever loading a new firmware - I get the feeling it may solve some issues in the firmware not upgrading properly which is easy to interpret incorrectly as a buggy firmware. Just my opinion.
Even experienced Windows users know that a clean install of a new OS version is always better than upgrading on top of a prior version. Just fewer things that can go wrong! It's a PIA to restore everything from scratch thereafter, but it solves a myriad of potential problems in the process! :cool:

Agreed !!!

Where can I find the firmware for RC, on github I find only the previous version for AC.

Tagged for later! Thanks

Reactions: John Locke
Tagged for later! Thanks
Hi,
I'am unable to downgrade the RC via the app, because it appears only the version V01.04..., but no older ones. I would like with DUMLdore flash also the firmware of the RC to the version V01.03 ..... In the repository I can find only firmware for Mavic but not for P4P.

Weird Gimbal movement while upgrading. Also no connection between RC and aircraft afterwards
How to update ..... Because my p4p gimble camera not straight position?

I just got my P4P+. Did I quick test-flight right out of the box, no problems. Then I upgraded to firmware 1.04.604 and now the video feed is dead. Error "Aircraft Encoder Error (0x20)(0x20)...". The camera still takes photos, with the drone sitting on my desk, even though there's no video feed, the photos show up on the SD card. Any suggestions please?

I just got my P4P+. Did I quick test-flight right out of the box, no problems. Then I upgraded to firmware 1.04.604 and now the video feed is dead. Error "Aircraft Encoder Error (0x20)(0x20)...". The camera still takes photos, with the drone sitting on my desk, even though there's no video feed, the photos show up on the SD card. Any suggestions please?
Unnecessarily upgrading FW on DJI aircraft lately is not a good idea, as they have removed the downgrade capability, which would restore the previous working version you began with. Sucks! I would return the aircraft and get a new replacement immediately, if you still can.

What a shame ... yet another person burned (on brand new aircraft no less) by the POS insufficiently tested firmware that was released in June by DJI !!! If you can't get any satisfaction from DJI, I strongly suggest you downgrade to version '509' ... it works very well and is very stable in the P4P+ (I am running it in mine). There is a way (others have done it) to downgrade it successfully even though they have removed it from the web site. Others here on this forum have done it. I am sure there are folks out there on this site that can assist you. The files needed (GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307) are available from others and the tool needed to do the downgrade to the AC is also out there (you can't use the DJI Assistant2 tool). The downgrade of the RC is done by loading the file on the SD card in the RC and loading it from that.

Reactions: John Locke
You must be one of the lucky ones that downgraded prior to dji removing the downgrade option.

I am but there is a way to do it still ... research this site ... it does NOT use DJI Assistant2 s/w.

Probably easier to replace the aircraft, as it likely still ships new with a 1.03.0509 FW version.

If it ships with 509 ... DO NOT upgrade it. Log in once after connecting your WIFI and then do NOT perform any upgrades. After logging in (activates the S/W), disconnect your WIFI.

If it ships with 509 ... DO NOT upgrade it. Log in once after connecting your WIFI and then do NOT perform any upgrades. After logging in (activates the S/W), disconnect your WIFI.
Exactly. Even 1.02 or 1.03 are better than upgading now.

I suspect it will be some time before they have a new release of firmware that is the fix to the mess they released in '602'. And then giving it a month to be well vetted by the users and get feedback on it's performance ... before doing ANY upgrades again. '602' took away all my trust in DJI's ability to release a well tested new version of firmware the 1st time out the gate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic