Bad luck, bad drone, or bad pilot

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
NFZ's won't disable the drone in flight. At best it will geofence your drone. At worst, you won't even be able to spin up the propellers.
I haven't looked at your flight logs, but if you are IN an NFZ's or TFR's, the Go(4) app won't even allow the motors to spin up. So I would dismiss the TFR theory.
In cases where flyers launch before acquiring GPS location data and are flying in an NFZ or TFR area before the drone knows it.
When the drone gets GPS location data, it autolands.
I'm going to guess erroneous, debilitating WiFi interference was the cause of your crash. It's been my profound experience that it is possible for a DJI drone to interpret some WiFi interference as erroneous commands. I crashed a drone late last year because I didn't follow my own WiFi protocols. I also ignored erroneous drone behavior - all because I was in a hurry.
Interference at high levels, can make the video transmission or joystick response a little glitchy.
In worst case, it could swamp the control signal, triggering Failsafe RTH.
But it can't interfere with the controls, giving spurious control inputs or crash the drone.

Reaction score
In cases where flyers launch before acquiring GPS location data and are flying in an NFZ or TFR area before the drone knows it.
When the drone gets GPS location data, it autolands.
Correct. But that's not a crash. An autoland can be circumvented via the throttle to at least get the drone to where you want it to land. I've been in an autoland situation before. The OP said his crashed, which is way different from autolanding.

Interference at high levels, can make the video transmission or joystick response a little glitchy.
In worst case, it could swamp the control signal, triggering Failsafe RTH.
But it can't interfere with the controls, giving spurious control inputs or crash the drone.
I disagree. I'm not the only person who has experienced unexplained, sporadic drone behavior. Unlike most pilots, my drones are hacked and I have years of experience and years of eventless flying under my belt. Before my Inspire 1 came crashing to the ground, I experienced TWO dramatic direction change events that, to my great discredit, I ignored. TWICE my Inspire 1 tried to warn me of overwhelming WiFi via sporadic behavior and twice I ignored it. Subsequent on-site forensics revealed WiFi interference on all 32 channels, ranging from MASSIVE interference (enough to render channels completely useless) on at least 28 of the channels, and a lesser level of interference on the remaining 4 channels, but interference none-the-less. Up until that jobsite, I have always been able to find at least 4 clear channels. On this jobsite there were zero clear channels, only some channels with less interference than others.

If you want to experience this erroneous behavior first hand, fly right up to 40-watt a cell tower.

RTH is LOSS of signal. Sporadic behavior is *overwhelming erroneous* signal. Two different symptoms for two different anomalies.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobby Tee