New Firmware V01.04.0602

I thought it was available on different Sites (not DJI) ... curious if anyone knows where and then what to install it with ?? IE: DJI Assistant 2, some other method, etc.? And process to do it?

does anyone know of any sites that cache/store all of the P4P firmware versions? Both RC and AC versions.

hello GadgetGuy i been searching for the last three firmware to include the current one (01.04.0602) for the P4Pro so far no luck, looks like at this time we are not able to rollbacks. the current ver of assistant2 only has two option refresh and factory rest... is going to be interested
how DJI is going to deal with the new firmware updates......
Still waiting on that myself. Fortunately, I have 1.03.0509 already previously installed on two P4P's though Assistant 2 before the removal of all prior FW's. However, I have two bum cameras on each that still record 30+ glitches per flight on all video at 4K 60. No assurance that replaced cameras are any better, as one of these was already replaced by DJI just 3 weeks ago. If they upgrade my FW during the next camera replacements, I'll be hosed, too! I'm learning to live with the 4K 60 video glitches. :rolleyes:

How can I get a copy of 1.03.0509? What site has it and how can it be installed? Do you use DJI Assistant 2 to install it or is there another way? That version is the last one that was released that had no problems. It is obvious that the most current DJI version has a lot of issues that have not been resolved yet.
The growing DJI hacking community will surely figure out how to get around this current limtation. It's what they do. "Please wait patiently." ;)

Reactions: mindstorm
I'm afraid that if anyone hacks their firmware, or adds sticker wraps to their Phantom, the warranty is void. That's the gamble everyone is taking if they are still in warranty. DJI must have a mountain of flawed drones in Cerritos, given all of the warranty returns they simply exchange for a new craft. Out of 4 returns in the last year I've received back 3 new craft. Only once did they return my craft after replacing the gimbal-camera unit. The cynical side of me believes they look for reasons to deny warranty repair, such as hacking firmware, or physical evidence of crashing, etc. They tried to deny me warranty repair in March on my Mavic for no reason. They saw I had a refresh policy, so they tried to convince me to pay them $79 for a refresh, when the craft had never been crashed or mishandled. They finally admitted they had no evidence of damage and honored my warranty. Again, they just sent me a new craft.

Figuring out how to reinstall the identical firmware that DJI previously wrote, and made available for your aircraft, after DJI has subsequently removed that ability, is not a hack, per se, and should hardly be a reason to void a warranty. However, DJI can apparently do whatever they want, at any time, with complete disregard for the collateral damage we experience, in the name of "public safety." :rolleyes:

When professionals support thousands of users with a Microsoft operating system they quickly learned to wait for 30 days after Service Pack 1 was released before even considering rolling it out to users' computers. It seems that the same is true with DJI firmware where it is better to wait 30 days and see what the "pioneers" (people with the arrows in their backs) experience with the update before taking the plunge.

The drone software is very complex when you think about it and especially when it is for hobby level RC aircraft. I am not surprised at all that there are glitches. So long as the problems do not involve the loss the drone the rest is surmountable. When my company did projects for Hewlett-Packard we were told that HP stands for Have Patience, and this certainly applies with most computer devices and apparently with DJI aircraft.

When professionals support thousands of users with a Microsoft operating system they quickly learned to wait for 30 days after Service Pack 1 was released before even considering rolling it out to users' computers. It seems that the same is true with DJI firmware where it is better to wait 30 days and see what the "pioneers" (people with the arrows in their backs) experience with the update before taking the plunge.

The drone software is very complex when you think about it and especially when it is for hobby level RC aircraft. I am not surprised at all that there are glitches. So long as the problems do not involve the loss the drone the rest is surmountable. When my company did projects for Hewlett-Packard we were told that HP stands for Have Patience, and this certainly applies with most computer devices and apparently with DJI aircraft.
As DJI states on all repairs, "Please wait patiently.":p

Correct me if I'm wrong. I plan to hook up only my p4p to assistant 2 and update it. Once it's completed and rebooted, turn it off. Then turn on only the rc and do that firmware update through the app. Once rebooted, turn on the bird as usual too. This is how I always did it with the P3, albeit with an SD card. It was always the bird and rc separately without the other on and then when complete, turning them both on to connect. If for the p4p the phone app disturbs this process, I wouldn't use the app. I'd use assistant 2 to keep the bird isolated from the rc when updating.
That is how I ended up doing it.

My only advice ... not sure why you are updating NOW if you have a previous version that work well. The current version has significant issues and has actually broken things that previously worked well. As for myself, I am waiting for the "corrected" version of '602' ... maybe '603' and then some time to let the "masses" validate it (maybe a month or so) is all OK before I do an upgrade. I am on '509' now and it works without issues:)

My only advice ... not sure why you are updating NOW if you have a previous version that work well. The current version has significant issues and has actually broken things that previously worked well. As for myself, I am waiting for the "corrected" version of '602' ... maybe '603' and then some time to let the "masses" validate it (maybe a month or so) is all OK before I do an upgrade. I am on '509' now and it works without issues:)
Ditto! :cool:

x3

... I am on '509' now and it works without issues:)
Hi u000gbk, where did you find 1.03.0509? I wanted to upgrade to get a working d-log. I have a p4pro. Now after reading 21 pages of this thread, I kept stumbling across your request for 1.03.0509, apparently working best in combination with GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307. How did you manage to get that version downloaded + installed? Thanks!

Hi u000gbk, where did you find 1.03.0509? I wanted to upgrade to get a working d-log. I have a p4pro. Now after reading 21 pages of this thread, I kept stumbling across your request for 1.03.0509, apparently working best in combination with GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307. How did you manage to get that version downloaded + installed? Thanks!

hello xxx I'm looking too for 1.03.0509 FW i found a site with files with the extension fw.sig about 20 files. i was told they need to converted to bin file.. but i have no idea how to do it. so my search continue. i was able to locate the current firmware in assistance2 but again they are in a fw.sig format. and my reason to located the firmware just incase i need to do rollback.. since DJI pulled the files from there server...

Sorry - I don't know how to convert it or how to load it using DJI Assistant 2 now that they have pulled it from their Site or how to use the utility without a link to their Site, even if I had the file to use. I was fortunate that I loaded it in my AC using the Assistant 2 utility one week before they pulled it and I also had the file for the RC on the SD Card so I was able to load that portion of the install as well. I asked multiple times what the process is (the how-to) IF the file were available from somewhere else, to load it without using DJI Assistant 2 being connected to the DJI SIte ... never received an answer to that question. Looks like you are stuck having to use the POS they released with version '602' until they fix the mess they created.

I am told that if you have the appropriate .bin files, which have been archived in various places online by users, you can do a rollback to any FW version, but it is a complicated process, that the MavicPilots have succeeded at, which is equally applicable to the P4P. Since I, too, was lucky enough to have installed 1.03.0509 on both my P4P's before it was removed, I don't know the details of the process, but it can be done, if you research elsewhere! Good luck! :cool:

I predict a nice pricing premium on used P4P's still on 1.03.0509 ;)
I'll consider offers at $2500 and above :p, but buying a unit from B&H at $1399 that might still be on 1.03.0509 might be cheaper. However, the activation might require a forced update. Not sure how a transfer sale of a used P4P would work, to a different account.

Not sure how a transfer sale of a used P4P would work, to a different account.
As long as DJI GO 4 is 4.0.7 (you can get it on APK Mirror) and the aircraft is 1.03.0509 then I don't think there's anything DJI can do to force you to update, even if you log on as a different user. Until the recent change updates had to be in sync, but as long as that requirement was met the firmware didn't force new updates. That's changed now, but in the older firmware there is no mechanism to force an update.

My P4P operates very smoothly on 1.03.0509 and that's good because it is the last update it will ever see.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl