New Firmware V01.04.0602

wonder what mine will have on it when I get it back from DJI?
I will be sending it back tomorrow.

wonder what mine will have on it when I get it back from DJI?
I will be sending it back tomorrow.
Good luck! As long as they don't also update the NFZ database, you should be able downgrade or upgrade with Assistant 2 when you get it back, while still having the option to turn off GEO, and by keeping your GO 4 app on a prior version, you can still turn off Smart RTH.

Reactions: K9VXV
After upgrading the no-fly zone firmware, everything was okay. Then there was another firmware upgrade and being the responsible pilot that I am, I downgraded the new firmware upgrade. I then began to have gimbal vibration noises and connection problems with my controller to the bird. To make a very very long story short I had to learn how to downgrade my firmware properly on the bird. Now everything works wonderfully well. There is no Hardware problem with my gimbal. Everything was caused by the upgrade to the new firmware.

Smart move doing the downgrade !!! The latest release is horrible ... So far I haven't seen or heard of any significant improvements or fixes ... all it has done is break things that worked before the release and make flying far more difficult ... DJI has a lot of work to do on a re-release to fix the major debacle they recently sent out to the masses.

This latest update (01.04.0602) is complete garbage and has resulted in TWO drone returns to DJI via Best Buy.

Mine flew fine for over a month, then I went ahead and did this update and started getting gimbal overload errors while in flight. Landed it, checked everything out and couldn't find a problem, then gimbal just stopped working entirely. Never moved again and wouldn't remain stable in flight (because it wasn't moving/working).

So, *I thought* luckily I was still in my return window with Best Buy (45 days for me) so I exchanged it. Got the new one home, and as suggested in setup did the firmware update and found the camera to be completely garbled or just greyed out...no image aside from some garbled here and there...just didn't work. Spent some time on the phone with DJI and they ended with I needed to send it to them - nope. Exchanged it AGAIN with Best Buy and this time I didn't do the update during setup, I just went straight in, checked the camera and gimbal movement and all worked fine. Did the update and guess what? GARBLED CAMERA AGAIN.

Now I'm trying to revert this back to original firmware, but this one just came in on the truck to Best Buy last night so now I'm worried there is no way to revert it if it's fresh off the line so to speak. So far, no luck :-(

Well, i was able to revert the RC firmware, that somehow seems to have done it...BUT, I'm now getting inconsistent firmware messages...Whatever, it works at this point and I'm not gonna upgrade squat until they are past this version.

Last edited:
After upgrading the no-fly zone firmware, everything was okay. Then there was another firmware upgrade and being the responsible pilot that I am, I downgraded the new firmware upgrade. I then began to have gimbal vibration noises and connection problems with my controller to the bird. To make a very very long story short I had to learn how to downgrade my firmware properly on the bird. Now everything works wonderfully well. There is no Hardware problem with my gimbal. Everything was caused by the upgrade to the new firmware.

what AC do you have .cause in trying do downgrade on my AC(P4pro) but the problem on Assistance2 i only have two option factory rest and refresh to the current firmware (V01.04.0602) thank you.

This latest update (01.04.0602) is complete garbage and has resulted in TWO drone returns to DJI via Best Buy.

Mine flew fine for over a month, then I went ahead and did this update and started getting gimbal overload errors while in flight. Landed it, checked everything out and couldn't find a problem, then gimbal just stopped working entirely. Never moved again and wouldn't remain stable in flight (because it wasn't moving/working).

So, *I thought* luckily I was still in my return window with Best Buy (45 days for me) so I exchanged it. Got the new one home, and as suggested in setup did the firmware update and found the camera to be completely garbled or just greyed out...no image aside from some garbled here and there...just didn't work. Spent some time on the phone with DJI and they ended with I needed to send it to them - nope. Exchanged it AGAIN with Best Buy and this time I didn't do the update during setup, I just went straight in, checked the camera and gimbal movement and all worked fine. Did the update and guess what? GARBLED CAMERA AGAIN.

Now I'm trying to revert this back to original firmware, but this one just came in on the truck to Best Buy last night so now I'm worried there is no way to revert it if it's fresh off the line so to speak. So far, no luck :-(

Well, i was able to revert the RC firmware, that somehow seems to have done it...BUT, I'm now getting inconsistent firmware messages...Whatever, it works at this point and I'm not gonna upgrade squat until they are past this version.
Best Buy has the worst DJI P4P inventory! Over 5 months, I purchased 6 P4P's and all were defective in one way or another!

DJI no longer allows you to downgrade the firmware on the aircraft to any version! The one and only options are the FW your aircraft shipped with (guaranteed not to be 1.04!) and the most current 1.04 version. Once you update to 1.04, you can never go back to the shipped FW version on the aircraft. Most are shipping with either 1.02 or 1.03. Version 1.03.0509 is the most stable version.

Your AC and RC should be compatible with each other avoiding your firmware issues.

Bit the bullet and updated yesterday as the tilted horizon was just too bad not to - kind of makes the whole thing pointless if you can't actually use it to film.

Have to say that after following the guidance to re-link the RC all is well. I do get "strong interference, fly with caution" but when I look at the HD tab the interference is exactly as it was before so I'm guessing it is a sensitivity issue like the wind warnings and it can be got rid of at some point.

Most importantly my tilted horizon is now, I have to say, perfect.

Bit the bullet and updated yesterday as the tilted horizon was just too bad not to - kind of makes the whole thing pointless if you can't actually use it to film.

Have to say that after following the guidance to re-link the RC all is well. I do get "strong interference, fly with caution" but when I look at the HD tab the interference is exactly as it was before so I'm guessing it is a sensitivity issue like the wind warnings and it can be got rid of at some point.

Most importantly my tilted horizon is now, I have to say, perfect.

What model did you update? P4, p4p+ and what version update.

GadgetGuy - any idea how and where to get the file for the "V01.03.0509" previous version of aircraft firmware that DJI Assistant 2 used for downgrading an aircraft AND the process (the how to load it) to use it in downgrading the aircraft??? ... since it is no longer available on their Site via DJI Assistant 2.

My guess is GadgetGuy probably updated to recent firmware being that the older versions are no longer available via dji. And why would dji prevent users from downgrading to a stable system? Other than to force everyone to install latest firmware due to map zone changes.

Curious, does anyone know someone who has KARMA GoPro, and is there experience the same with GoPro support as dji support?

Sorry I can't help you with your question. Any idea when DJI is rumored or plans to release a "repaired" version of their latest mess that folks are trying to avoid? Even the DJI HelpDesk has acknowledged the recent release is messed up.

GadgetGuy - any idea how and where to get the file for the "V01.03.0509" previous version of aircraft firmware that DJI Assistant 2 used for downgrading an aircraft AND the process (the how to load it) to use it in downgrading the aircraft??? ... since it is no longer available on their Site via DJI Assistant 2.
Fortunately, I haven't yet had that need, since it was available to me when I got my P4P back from warranty repair, before 1.04 was released, after my FW was upgraded to 1.03.0509, despite strict instructions not to upgrade the FW. DJI Repair did so anyway, but I was able to downgrade back to 1.02, and then back up to 1.03.0509, through Assistant 2, as both were available, along with 1.04 by that time! The recent removal of 1.02 and 1.03.0509 is outrageous, and leaves no rollback options whatsoever, nor even refresh options. I hooked up my 1.03.0509 P4P again last week, and now the only listed option is to upgrade to 1.04!

However, I have read that the .bin files for the prior FW versions are available online on sites where users have archived them for use outside of Assistant 2. That is the only remaining option, and I am not sure it will even work any more.
I may need it myself, as the DJI repaired P4P has a terrible camera, and needs to go back yet again! Let us know if you find the answer elsewhere! :cool:

My guess is GadgetGuy probably updated to recent firmware being that the older versions are no longer available via dji. And why would dji prevent users from downgrading to a stable system? Other than to force everyone to install latest firmware due to map zone changes.

Curious, does anyone know someone who has KARMA GoPro, and is there experience the same with GoPro support as dji support?
See above response. DJI owners are the new collateral damage in the war between DJI and the DJI hackers which was escalated by DJI this last week in a vain attempt to stop the hackers, by removing all prior FW versions from Assistant 2. Instead of stopping the hackers, it has enraged all existing owners using stock DJI FW, who now must resort to hacking to get their older FW back, and encouraged the hackers to keep hacking DJI! Good job, DJI! :eek:

hello GadgetGuy i been searching for the last three firmware to include the current one (01.04.0602) for the P4Pro so far no luck, looks like at this time we are not able to rollbacks. the current ver of assistant2 only has two option refresh and factory rest... is going to be interested
how DJI is going to deal with the new firmware updates......

Fortunately, I haven't yet had that need, since it was available to me when I got my P4P back from warranty repair, before 1.04 was released, after my FW was upgraded to 1.03.0509, despite strict instructions not to upgrade the FW. DJI Repair did so anyway, but I was able to downgrade back to 1.02, and then back up to 1.03.0509, through Assistant 2, as both were available, along with 1.04 by that time! The recent removal of 1.02 and 1.03.0509 is outrageous, and leaves no rollback options whatsoever, nor even refresh options. I hooked up my 1.03.0509 P4P again last week, and now the only listed option is to upgrade to 1.04!

However, I have read that the .bin files for the prior FW versions are available online on sites where users have archived them for use outside of Assistant 2. That is the only remaining option, and I am not sure it will even work any more.
I may need it myself, as the DJI repaired P4P has a terrible camera, and needs to go back yet again! Let us know if you find the answer elsewhere! :cool:
How can I get a copy of 1.03.0509? What site has it and how can it be installed? Do you use DJI Assistant 2 to install it or is there another way? That version is the last one that was released that had no problems. It is obvious that the most current DJI version has a lot of issues that have not been resolved yet.

How can I get a copy of 1.03.0509? What site has it and how can it be installed? Do you use DJI Assistant 2 to install it or is there another way? That version is the last one that was released that had no problems. It is obvious that the most current DJI version has a lot of issues that have not been resolved yet.
this version probably won't be available any more.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart