New Firmware V01.04.0602

I saw the thread on how to downgrade p4p+ and it's not straight forward. I did upgrade my p4p+ before they removed the option to downgrade and before I knew it had major issues for others I flew it the other week and did not have any issues. I still need to do more testing. I'm sure there is something wrong w it.

I suspect it will be some time before they have a new release of firmware that is the fix to the mess they released in '602'. And then giving it a month to be well vetted by the users and get feedback on it's performance ... before doing ANY upgrades again. '602' took away all my trust in DJI's ability to release a well tested new version of firmware the 1st time out the gate.
It's not only the bugs that new FW introduces. It's the crippling of the aircraft with GEO and NFZ database updates that turn everything into DJI NFZ's, and the cram-down of new EULA's and TOS, and sudden removal many other features, such as the abilty to turn off Smart RTH. If it ain't broke, don't let DJI "fix" it! :eek:

Wow! I hope someone here comes up with a safe and reliable program to downgrade the firmware. Then there's always, when you log into DJI account and they discover your firmware is out of date due to firmware downgrade, lock your AC or your RC? My AC was locked once because I did not update the firmware. I had to delete the firmware update TXT file in the RC to unlock. The NFZ's is one thing I can live with, its a matter of safety .. But how to fly and how high is another thing.

Wow! I hope someone here comes up with a safe and reliable program to downgrade the firmware. Then there's always, when you log into DJI account and they discover your firmware is out of date due to firmware downgrade, lock your AC or your RC? My AC was locked once because I did not update the firmware. I had to delete the firmware update TXT file in the RC to unlock. The NFZ's is one thing I can live with, its a matter of safety .. But how to fly and how high is another thing.
The abilty to downgrade FW already exists among the Sasquatch community. However, not for the faint of heart! DJI's GEO and DJI's NFZ's do not comport with FAA NFZ's, and GEO is strictly DJI's officious intermeddling into the affairs of its pilots, which prevents the PIC from actually being in control of their aircraft, as required by the FAA! :eek:

Last edited:
I received my P3S refurbished last week. I see the upgrade banner for 1.9.2. From what I've read in this forum I'm not touching it. It flies perfectly right now.

Downgrading firmware on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus seems to be quite a different story according to what I have read, nothing simple. I contacted FlyFly.com, perhaps they can assist and accept some of the responsibility for the AC and RC downgrade, I assume they know their stuff.

I was having issues with AC v1.03.0602 and RC v01.04.01.00 combination (lost video, not linking etc) - rolled back the AC to v1.03.0509 and updated again to v1.03.0602 and then "downgraded" the RC v01.04.01.00 to itself via the app and that set everything right again. Effectively resetting everything to defaults and solving all problems I was having.

This process worked flawlessly to rollback my firmware to 1.03.0509 -

Repository of previous firmware here -

dji_system.bin/bins at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub

I think it should be a mandatory step to reset to defaults whenever loading a new firmware - I get the feeling it may solve some issues in the firmware not upgrading properly which is easy to interpret incorrectly as a buggy firmware. Just my opinion.

Hello
I've a P4P+ Obsidian
Now I'm with 0602 in AC
Can you confirm if it's possible to rollback from 0602 to 0509 using DUMLdore ?
Thanks !

Question to the forum community – I read in several forums that computers running Windows 10 were having challenges connecting the P4P aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software through the USB ports; but, some users were successful connecting both with Windows 8.1 and Mac machines. My computer runs on Windows 8.1, but unfortunately, I’m having challenges connecting my brand new P4P Plus aircraft (received it 2 days ago), through the USB cable, to the Assistant 2 (v 1.2.0) program to update the firmware from v01.06.1610 to v1.4.602. Do you know of a solution that I can use to resolve my connection challenge? Or do I need to send it back to DJI to get the firmware updated?

I installed and reinstalled the DJI Assistant 2 software several times including the EXE and ZIP versions, uninstalled my computer’s anti-virus software, and plugged the USB cables in different ports, but to no avail – the two never connected so I didn’t get the blue P4P icon to click and get the firmware file.

On the positive side, I was able to upgrade the Remote Controller (RC) firmware (to v01.03.06.00) yesterday using the Micro SD Card (Method 2) as indicated on page 65 of the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ User Manual.
After I updated the RC yesterday, I synchronized it with the aircraft using the DJI Go 4 App (in the Plus RC with WiFi connection) and the USB OTG cable (using both micro USB ports). After successfully synchronizing the aircraft with the RC (or at least there was no error message), I rebooted both devices. Today, the RC DJI Go 4 App asked me to synchronize both devices again and I did; the firmware updated to v1.05.0300 which I successfully did according to the messages displayed.

The outcome of having the aircraft with an older firmware version and the RC with the current version includes the following:
1. When I turn both devices on (no cable connection), the Aircraft Status Indicator displays the following: 6 short green flashes and 2 long red flashes. Looking at page 14 of the User Manual, It seems that the green flashes are related to “P-mode with Vision System” (it makes sense since I have it set up in Beginner Mode) but the two slow red flashings, “Low Battery Warning”, doesn’t make sense since I have a fully charged battery. Could it be related to my home location? I’m under controlled Class B airspace; and the RC shows that I “Cannot take off” and the map shows that I’m inside the controlled airspace.

2. I’m able to use the flight simulator with no problems.

To summarize, my main concern is making sure that I can connect to the DJI Assistant 2 or use a different process to be able to conduct the necessary updates. Any feedback that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I know that I was unable to get the DJI Assistant to read the firmware on my P4P+ when it was on an extremely old version. Updating to current version allowed it to be seen on my Windows 8.1 laptop. Since you did the update to 01.05.0300 can you see the firmware in DJI assistant?

Also, You should also be able to use Dumldore to connect to the aircraft to backup your existing firmware or write different firmware to the aircraft. I did this yesterday and it worked out well for my P4P+

Timinator, thanks for the info. I'll try it after lunch; I spent all morning working on this challenge. Taking a break now.

Nope. After I connect the bird to the computer, only the SD card images come up and a message pops up indicating the there is a problem with the disk and it wants me to scan it to fix it (same behavior and message as before).

Timinator, can you share with me the message thread about turning off the Windows driver signing feature? Also, do I need a driver for the bird after I turn off the Windows feature? If so, where can I find it?

By the way, I drove like 10 miles to exit the controlled airspace and the Aircraft Status Indicator started to blink all green flashes, NO red flashes. Yes! I was able to start the engines. Now, I have to wait for the AMA RC field to open in March. In the mean time, I'll practice with the simulator.

Thanks for your help.

So first thing to do is un-install the DJI Assistant. Next, follow the instructions in this link on how to turn off driver signing How to Turn off Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8 64 bit

After that, re-install the DJI assistant and start it up after it installs. Connect the aircraft and see if it shows in DJI assistant. If it does, you are off to the races.

Reactions: Black Bird 1
Timinator, Success! Your instructions were spot on; that did it for me. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.

Trying to decide whether to "upgrade" to this firmware. Not a good sign when so many of the comments here are requests for help rolling back to the old firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart