My turn for crash...of course it had to be over water.

@xave No Cellular repeaters or WiFi (municipal) installed on or near the water tower. I've flown past it, over it and around it hundreds of times...This was a typical flight path for me.

Last edited:
@xave No Cellular repeaters on WiFi (municipal) installed on or near the water tower. I've flown past it, over it and around it hundreds of times...This was a typical flight path for me.

Ok thought I'd ask

@sharper4 . You'll notice that Atti was invoked (intentionally) in an attempt to gain control of UAS after the "failure". It was not responding correctly in GPS mode....so as a split-second troubleshooting method, I did invoke ATTI. The way the UAS was acting I thought that it was ready to "Fly-Away" uncontrollably. I am experienced in ATTI mode and practice flying with that mode often.

@xave no problem. A bird strike and prop spin-off have also been ruled out. On the plus side. The UAS is being repaired free-of-charge by DJI. They were also supplied with the same data and then some. This failure happened after 42 flights for a total distance of 791,539 feet totaling 8hr 21 minutes of operation.

@accidentalcio I found that either mode was failing. The idea of invoking ATTI was to try to minimize damage (that didn't work) and the chance at recovery. No bird, no claim...That and the Oh-S**t factor of not being able to control it safely.

So, I put my log into HealthyDrones and of course, everything shows basically perfect. Here is the basic overview page.

DJIOverview.jpg

The power page
DJIPower.jpg

Sensors:
DJISensors.jpg

I unfortunately wasn't recording yet, so I have no video cache of the flight.

@xave no problem. A bird strike and prop spin-off have also been ruled out. On the plus side. The UAS is being repaired free-of-charge by DJI. They were also supplied with the same data and then some. This failure happened after 42 flights for a total distance of 791,539 feet totaling 8hr 21 minutes of operation.

Just out of curiosity ... how did you rule out a bird strike? I see that you didn't think so, but "ruled out"? How?

I was in the normal flight view you use when watching the flight. I haven't heard of the channel hack, so no.

Did some searching this afternoon with no luck. Think I will hire a diver.

Just out of curiosity ... how did you rule out a bird strike? I see that you didn't think so, but "ruled out"? How?
I suppose I can't completely rule it out but the water was like glass. I would have seen some feathers on the water I would think.

I was in the normal flight view you use when watching the flight. I haven't heard of the channel hack, so no.

Did some searching this afternoon with no luck. Think I will hire a diver.
No, I mean the phones "flight mode", the radio silence mode you set the phone in when in a flight, on an airplane.

No, I wasn't in airplane mode. I did have Wifi off. I was flying for 25 minutes before that without any issue. I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Ok should I turn mulitple flight mode on and leave it on every flight? Just in case I need to switch to "Atti mode" in an emergency?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20