My turn for crash...of course it had to be over water.

Reaction score
Well, I was at my parents neighbors flying this evening. Took a few flights with no issues. Landed, changed batteries, and went to do a look over the small pond they have next to their house. I was watching the video and ascended and stopped, planning to turn around. Then all I hear is the thing go nuts. I am not sure what happened. As you can see in the video, all I did was increase altitude before hand. I suppose I could have lost a prop, but I had been flying and doing maneuvers much harder on it than what this was.

I will do a dive for it tomorrow and hopefully be able to find it. It isn't too deep I don't think (10ft or so), This is literally the first issue I have ever had. I will be sending this to DJI. Don't think I did anything wrong, so we'll see what they have to say.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
hmm, I just updated it again. Hopefully it will work now.

It works. Had to refresh on my side. Be interesting to see it when you retrieve it from the water. Missing prop or something else.

It's working, what makes you think a prop loss? Did you have los? Maybe a bird strike? Water foul?

It's just weird you had control then ????
Sorry for your loss...you manned up!

Recovery may provide information...I see sd cards surviving water...
DJI and water don't go well together..:(

I didn't have line of sight right then because there are some trees right in the way. I don't think it was a bird strike as there weren't any birds around (I don't think) and I think I would have seen either feathers or a dead bird floating. The water was like glass so I would have seen something. The only reason I mention prop loss is looking how it takes a sharp turn. I didn't do that. I am certainly hoping all props are on. It literally just went nuts by the sound of it. I have always had my props be a little tight coming off so do think it was them, but until I get my hands on it, who knows.

I didn't have line of sight right then because there are some trees right in the way. I don't think it was a bird strike as there weren't any birds around (I don't think) and I think I would have seen either feathers or a dead bird floating. The water was like glass so I would have seen something. The only reason I mention prop loss is looking how it takes a sharp turn. I didn't do that. I am certainly hoping all props are on. It literally just went nuts by the sound of it. I have always had my props be a little tight coming off so do think it was them, but until I get my hands on it, who knows.
How many flights? since you had it -- any previous issues. FW version? IOS or android?

I have probably flown it 25 times since I have had it with absolutely zero issues. It is on the latest Firmware, 1.3.2 I think. It is a P3P. I was using my Android phone as I forgot my Ipad at home. I always calibrate the IMU after each update and always calibrate the compass. I have flown probably 6 or 7 long flights since the last firmware upgrade without issue. I had just done a 15 minute flight before this one and another 10-12 minute one earlier in the day with no issues.

Well I hope it's not a total loss. My first P3P went for a swim too. Dried it with a fan for 5 days. Then let it sit for 5 more. Then sent it to Drone Nerds. Had one engine replaced. Flies like a dream now and just videotaped this time lapse sunset tonite. I hope you find yours and that it lives to fly again!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my PT beating heart

I have probably flown it 25 times since I have had it with absolutely zero issues. It is on the latest Firmware, 1.3.2 I think. It is a P3P. I was using my Android phone as I forgot my Ipad at home. I always calibrate the IMU after each update and always calibrate the compass. I have flown probably 6 or 7 long flights since the last firmware upgrade without issue. I had just done a 15 minute flight before this one and another 10-12 minute one earlier in the day with no issues.
Sounds like a hardware issue or bird strike.... the bird issue is a real danger if you fly close to their nesting area-- and you don't always see them coming even if you have the copter in sight. Hawks are extremely territorial -- and have no fear of the phantom. I have had a couple of very close calls and vacated the area as fast as possible.
Sorry to hear about the loss. If you find it, send it in-- maybe they will replace it. Thanks for sharing-- wish I could be more of a help.

Yeah, I just hope I can find it. It hit hard from the sound of it so I am really curious to see what kind of shape it is in.

Getterback are hard to find. The web site is out of stock but if you do a google search there are stores in the U.S. And Canada that still have them

Last edited:
Getterback are hard to find. The web site is out of stock but if you do a google search there are stores in the U.S. And Canada that still have them

Bought mine 20 days ago from robotshop.com. $14.20 and in stock as of now!

What does the flight record look like? And the flight log?

Stupid question but any chance someone took a shot at it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic