My p3 is going nuts

Reaction score
The last three time I have flown it everything will be going great and the all of the sudden it will take off on it own and a compass error will come up. I have been able to get it back the first two time but today it ended up in the top of a tree. I got it down but can’t figure out wat is causing it. I have flown this thing for a year and never had any problems. HELP

The last three time I have flown it everything will be going great and the all of the sudden it will take off on it own and a compass error will come up. I have been able to get it back the first two time but today it ended up in the top of a tree. I got it down but can’t figure out wat is causing it. I have flown this thing for a year and never had any problems. HELP
We'd need to see flight data to be certain, but my first guess is about where you are launching from.
Can you describe your launch spot?

The last launch was from the middle of a pasture. Nothing within half a mile. Before that it was at my house which is in the country and on seven acres. And before that was at a lake trying to photograph a lake property.

The last launch was from the middle of a pasture. Nothing within half a mile. Before that it was at my house which is in the country and on seven acres. And before that was at a lake trying to photograph a lake property.
If you want help we'll have to look at the flight data from one or more of those flights to see what was happening.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

I understand what you all have said, but I doubt have a Apple computer and can’t get my phone to down load it to my computer

What I am asking is when I click to browse for the documents how do I find them and what do I upload them to.

So what phone are you using to fly your drone? Presumably an android of some sort?
I use a Nvidia Shield and the files are at "DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord"
Download them to a folder/desktop on your computer then open the link above and upload the file to it.

I have read them and tried several times and nothing . I am using an iPhone.

When I read carefully I read that I must connect my iPhone to a Mac computer to download the log. So again I don’t own a Mac computer.

When I read carefully I read that I must connect my iPhone to a Mac computer to download the log. So again I don’t own a Mac computer.
I don't see anywhere in the links provided to you where it says that you must have a Mac. Many have followed the instructions without issue so you should be good to go. If you are not able to correctly follow the earlier links for some reason, here is a direct path to the same instructions. Step 1 in fact includes "Windows/Mac computer." Perhaps you are interpreting that to mean that only a Mac will work? It actually means that either a Windows or a Mac computer. You can do this. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
One can only try and help Oso!!!

Rconner:

Locating Your Flight Logs
Follow these instructions to locate the flight logs on your mobile device:
  • For Android mobile devices, connect your mobile device to a computer via a USB cable and go to DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord (for DJI GO 3) or DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord (for DJI GO 4).
What are you using to fly your drone??
What computer do you have?

One can only try and help Oso!!!
Yes, we can only try to be as clear as possible. It’s up to him to follow the instructions or not. I'm hoping that the direct link I gave him (so he doesn't need to go 2 or 3 links deep to find them) will be the light bulb moment. :)

• For Android mobile devices.....
What are you using to fly your drone?? What computer do you have?
As for being clear, he’s said that he’s using an iPhone and a Windows computer so again posting instructions for an android device may make it less clear for him. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Sorry, didn't see the iPhone bit. He should still be able to connect it not any computer via the USB port. The computer just sees it as a storage device.

Never tried to fly my drone with my iPhone, too flipping small to see what's going on for my old eyes!

These are the files you will see when you connect your iPhone to your computer. Just select the "Flight-Logs" and upload the relevant log to the program.
Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 20.25.31.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen