My first week as a Phantom pilot [Video]

Reaction score
After learning to fly with a Syma X5C-1 i decided to go for a Phantom 3 Standard. I got it about two weeks ago and so far I couldn't be happier with it. The range turned out to be at least double the CE restricted 500m and that's more than enough for me. The camera is way better than I thought it would be.

Here's a video from my first week as a Phantom pilot. It was filmed over and around the island where I live in Sweden. All flying was done in P-mode (I haven't tried the other modes yet) and I used an iPhone 5S for FPV. Editing was done in Sony Vegas Pro 13.

I just threw away the flimsy smartphone holder that came with the controller and replaced it with an iPad mini holder from Ebay.
DSC_9318_fix.jpg

DSC_9323_fix.jpg

It's rock solid, but unfortunately the arm is a little too short. I can't tilt my iPad towards me without it interfering with my throttle. A new DJI Inspire tablet holder is on its way though.

Did you try sliding the tablet holder towards the top of the bar at the top of your remote controller? If that works, it looks like it might clear the sticks then.

FYI, the DJI Inspire tablet holder is not going to fit without some modifications to your remote controller. The following thread should be helpful:

P2+ TX Mod with Inspire1 tab mount | DJI Phantom Forum

Did you try sliding the tablet holder towards the top of the bar at the top of your remote controller? If that works, it looks like it might clear the sticks then.

FYI, the DJI Inspire tablet holder is not going to fit without some modifications to your remote controller. The following thread should be helpful:

P2+ TX Mod with Inspire1 tab mount | DJI Phantom Forum
Yep, I tried that. It clears the sticks, but because the arm is then pointing up the mount can't be tilted enough.

No problem, I'm used to fabricating stuff and making things work. I thought about making a new arm for my current iPad holder, but the Inspire one just looks better :)

Looks good P :)
I use the one you have now on my P2V and did on my P3S till I got the Inspire one .
I set mine up like this IMG_1637.JPG And it moved it more to the center IMG_3766.JPG
The Inspire mod is the way to go in the link msinger showed ya IMO as it's really nice and folds down ;)IMG_1579.JPG

Reactions: Clampit
After learning to fly with a Syma X5C-1 i decided to go for a Phantom 3 Standard. I got it about two weeks ago and so far I couldn't be happier with it. The range turned out to be at least double the CE restricted 500m and that's more than enough for me. The camera is way better than I thought it would be.

Here's a video from my first week as a Phantom pilot. It was filmed over and around the island where I live in Sweden. All flying was done in P-mode (I haven't tried the other modes yet) and I used an iPhone 5S for FPV. Editing was done in Sony Vegas Pro 13.

I just threw away the flimsy smartphone holder that came with the controller and replaced it with an iPad mini holder from Ebay.
DSC_9318_fix.jpg

DSC_9323_fix.jpg

It's rock solid, but unfortunately the arm is a little too short. I can't tilt my iPad towards me without it interfering with my throttle. A new DJI Inspire tablet holder is on its way though.

Love your video P;) Music very cool, yep both are the dog's dangly bits. Keep them coming.;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi guys awesome videos! :) I have a phantom 3 standard also and I'm looking at buying an inspire 1 mount...but... can the inspire 1 mount hold both a iPad mini and iPad Air?

At the moment I have the same iPad mini mount with the small arm :(

Hi guys awesome videos! :) I have a phantom 3 standard also and I'm looking at buying an inspire 1 mount...but... can the inspire 1 mount hold both a iPad mini and iPad Air?

My inspire/Pro mount holds my Acer 10.1" tablet. Barely, but rock solid. :cool:

Well, I got an Inspire mount fitted as well, which holds my iPad Air perfectly.

As I also regularly use a Lifeproof Nüüd iPad case (waterproof, shockproof, dustproof) I also use an extention part. Without that the mount will only hold the iPad Air WITHOUT its case.

Amazon.com: Extended Mount for DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Mobile Device Holder to Clip Ipad, Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 or Other 10 Inch Tablets: Toys & Games

IMAG0999.jpg
IMAG1001.jpg
IMAG1002.jpg

Where can I get the inspire 1 mount kit?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got the phantom 3 adv/pro mount off eBay, part number 38!
fddfe16a11f4c705046dcf31fed1dd4e.jpg

Great video, stunning shots!! It's amazing how well the basic phantom 3's perform!

On a side note, it looks like your horizon is not level. Do a cold IMU calibration on a level surface and that should fix it! (It did for me)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

DSC_9318_fix.jpg

DSC_9323_fix.jpg

Ο

Any link for that mount?Im using iPhone 6 Plus,so this will be more than enough.I want it to be solid.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you have a link to your videos? Im not able to view them on here.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DSC_9318_fix.jpg

DSC_9323_fix.jpg

Beautiful Country, thanks for sharing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl