My Experiences with FPVLR Advanced Kit, P3 [3.5 Mile Video] [UPDATE]

OK great look forward to seeing something like that....I think its the penetration through obstacles that's impressive with this setup, not the ridiculous range.
If someone can post a video showcasing it penetrating through trees at low altitude and far away, thats the real seller for this rig.

Would you like a screen record? Or will the phantom video suffice?

I think people prefer the screen record because they can see all the data "live" and have a better understanding of what they're seeing as its happening.

Thanks a lot Nick

I think people prefer the screen record because they can see all the data "live" and have a better understanding of what they're seeing as its happening.

Thanks a lot Nick

Alright I'll get out there and make a video tonight.

I'll post again in the thread when it's ready. Currently charging my batteries/controller.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
That the FAA is monitoring the forums...is my point. Leave you drone kiddies to it.

That doesn't even remotely prove that the FAA is involved in anything. lol.

It just means the FB group creator doesn't want to be involved in allowing people to incriminate themselves, should the FAA ever view them.

Video uploaded, about to edit it into the original post:

Great video and distance. You would do better though at higher altitude. 398 feet high is not nearly enough to keep a clean line of sight at that distance with all of those obstacles in the way. Nice though regardless and seriously why would anyone need to fly further than that anyway?

Great video and distance. You would do better though at higher altitude. 398 feet high is not nearly enough to keep a clean line of sight at that distance with all of those obstacles in the way. Nice though regardless and seriously why would anyone need to fly further than that anyway?

Just trying to keep legal height distance and keep some of the people afraid of the FAA happy.

Realistically, there should be no reason to ever go past 3 miles, as it would only allow you like 2 minutes or filming once you're there. But it's fun to know what the machine is capable of.

Reactions: MattyDread
Nice though regardless and seriously why would anyone need to fly further than that anyway?

As I said before, its not the distance that I think is impressive with this setup, its the penetration through moderately thick trees and brush at low altitude farther away(2500ft or so).

If this setup could provide a clean and reliable signal at 10-20ft off ground at 2500ft away, that's impressive...IMO

As I said before, its not the distance that I think is impressive with this setup, its the penetration through moderately thick trees and brush at low altitude farther away(2500ft or so).

If this setup could provide a clean and reliable signal at 10-20ft off ground at 2500ft away, that's impressive...IMO

and it can ;) as you'll see later tonight

I know, I think it can too. I'd just like to see a real world example video of this. No one has really done one yet. Or at least I haven't seen one....

Push it to the limits.

FYI: I have this exact same kit, just haven't installed it yet. Work, life, family.....perhaps tonight. Ordered mine from FPVCustoms.com got here in 3 days.

Thanks Nick

ive just got one in the uk, i had no problems at all but when it arrived i had to pay £25 tax before they could make delivery, i just did that online the post office send you all the details.
Thanks for that info hope ok to message you
im from the uk newcastle upon tyne was the mod easy enough to do inside radio
Thanks again

I know, I think it can too. I'd just like to see a real world example video of this. No one has really done one yet. Or at least I haven't seen one....

Push it to the limits.

FYI: I have this exact same kit, just haven't installed it yet. Work, life, family.....perhaps tonight. Ordered mine from FPVCustoms.com got here in 3 days.

Thanks Nick

Not going to be able to do the video today, it started raining and looks like it'll continue into tomorrow.

I might install mine tonight....the video seems easy to follow, just go slow and pay attention to details :)

Here's my kit.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 332
I might install mine tonight....the video seems easy to follow, just go slow and pay attention to details :)

Here's my kit.

Yep. The only thing to watch out for is ribbon cables. They tear easy and if you mess them up you have to buy an entire new controller I hear :p

How come did you only get 2.3 miles in your first test whereas you were already getting 2 miles without fpvlr antennas ? What changed and you reached over 3.5 miles?

How come did you only get 2.3 miles in your first test whereas you were already getting 2 miles without fpvlr antennas ? What changed and you reached over 3.5 miles?

I didn't have the antennas aimed correctly. And I'm still learning how to get it perfect, which is why signal was giving out in my 3.5 mile run.

With the stock TX you want them pointed up at the bird, and with the FPVLR it seems you want them parallel to the ground. Quite a bit of a difference.

Also my 2 mile stock run was a VERY different environment. I was out in Illinois in the middle of flat-lands, with no changes in elevation and no trees higher than 40 ft. Back in Michigan now and the elevation changes a couple hundred feet during any given run, plus trees are much taller.

Ok got it done...Yes the ribbon cables aren't fun to deal with.

I haven't install the boosters yet.

Can I fly with it just like this?...have you tried it? What results did you get?

Attachments

• IMG_3832.JPG
    IMG_3832.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 322

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20