My Experiences with FPVLR Advanced Kit, P3 [3.5 Mile Video] [UPDATE]

Any video on how to install for P3 RC?

Watch the Inspire installation video...the P3 installation will be very similar. Looks like removing the ribbon cables is the only area that could present a problem if you're not careful.

:harry

Watch the Inspire installation video...the P3 installation will be very similar. Looks like removing the ribbon cables is the only area that could present a problem if you're not careful.

:harry
I didn't understand the part where he said " the next is optional " also, at the end only pictures to video to say if stock antenna is back connected for gimbal reason or not !! Confused.

updated the post with my first test of day 2

Went 3 miles each way, returned with 38% battery left. At 70% battery I had just hit 3 miles, and the pilot app warned me it was trying to return home on it's own, so I got scared and flew home by myself and landed with a lot more battery than I expected.

Had full controller bars the entire way, but get low video transmission signal after 8000ft, even though I didn't experience any lag or loss of video. I'm guessing it's due to the fact that all my firmware and pilot app is outdated.

I didn't understand the part where he said " the next is optional " also, at the end only pictures to video to say if stock antenna is back connected for gimbal reason or not !! Confused.
Exact same questions I have! Wtf is the antenna discrepancy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just purchased the Itelite antenna for my P3P, have been using one on my P2V3 since they came out. Very happy with it and it should fit in the hard case for P3 without removing the antenna.

I just purchased the Itelite antenna for my P3P, have been using one on my P2V3 since they came out. Very happy with it and it should fit in the hard case for P3 without removing the antenna.
Picture of your setup please. And if you can record how to install, this would help much. Also picture of the case holding the mod Rc. Thanks

If I was to do one it would be the DBS flat Panel hi-gain Antenna, no booster or charging to mess with. I use one similar on my RV to pick up long range wi-fi signals, also a yagi (beam) antenna. It will be a little more directional than the stock antennas but how much I wouldn't know.

Very tempting. After watching the video I might just pay FPVL to install it for me...

Very tempting. After watching the video I might just pay FPVL to install it for me...

Unless you are making a ton of money, I would advise you do the install yourself.

It's an easy install and definitely not worth paying $200 for.

Like I said, it took me 3 hours and that included watching the videos, running back and forth to my dad's garage and rummaging through his piles of junk in order to find the tools I needed, etc.

Someone with all the tools set up beforehand, having watched the video, could probably do it in under an hour, but definitely within 2 hours.

EDIT: Also I updated the OP with my final words about the FPVLR system.

I've flown probably 10 batteries since I got it, and really like em.

Here's a Firework video I shot, having flown out 2 miles to setup and watch them, with perfect signal the entire time:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Unless you are making a ton of money, I would advise you do the install yourself.

It's an easy install and definitely not worth paying $200 for.

Like I said, it took me 3 hours and that included watching the videos, running back and forth to my dad's garage and rummaging through his piles of junk in order to find the tools I needed, etc.

Someone with all the tools set up beforehand, having watched the video, could probably do it in under an hour, but definitely within 2 hours.

EDIT: Also I updated the OP with my final words about the FPVLR system.

I've flown probably 10 batteries since I got it, and really like em.

Here's a Firework video I shot, having flown out 2 miles to setup and watch them, with perfect signal the entire time:

Since you install by your self. I have quck question here. When you unplug the lightbridge cable cant you just tape the tip and leave it there?
Also, is the mod permanent?

Since you install by your self. I have quck question here. When you unplug the lightbridge cable cant you just tape the tip and leave it there?
Also, is the mod permanent?

I don't know what lightbridge cable you are talking about. Unless you mean the ribbon cable?

And no, the mod isn't permanent. I chose not to cut the original antenna wires, so if I wanted to revert it I just have to open it up again and remove the new antennas cables, and then return the old ones to their former position.

To make it revertible, all you do is zip tie the old antenna cables inside the shell rather than cutting them out.

I don't know what lightbridge cable you are talking about. Unless you mean the ribbon cable?

And no, the mod isn't permanent. I chose not to cut the original antenna wires, so if I wanted to revert it I just have to open it up again and remove the new antennas cables, and then return the old ones to their former position.

To make it revertible, all you do is zip tie the old antenna cables inside the shell rather than cutting them out.
The cable antenna cables that you take off in order to plug the new ones instead. There cant we just tape the tip and leave them there without bothering to get out and zip tie them?

The cable antenna cables that you take off in order to plug the new ones instead. There cant we just tape the tip and leave them there without bothering to get out and zip tie them?

It sounds like the answer is yes. Assuming the tape holds as well as a zip-tie, it would work.

It sounds like the answer is yes. Assuming the tape holds as well as a zip-tie, it would work.
I think am going to order one and install it my self. Can you list the tool needed here? Also, whats the size of the hexa screw driver you used?

I think am going to order one and install it my self. Can you list the tool needed here? Also, whats the size of the hexa screw driver you used?

haha honestly I don't even know what I used. I just grabbed a bunch of toolkits my dad had lying around and kept trying stuff until it worked.

this is the video I watched, I believe he goes over the tools:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers