My Experiences with FPVLR Advanced Kit, P3 [3.5 Mile Video] [UPDATE]

Yes, it is very easy on P3, NO GLUE to remove like on the 5.8Ghz lead on P2 controller, it was difficult.
I might do it myself than , I figured it had that white glue again . And these controller are 600 dollars not 100 like the p2 v+. I would be sick if I screwed something up. I'll probably just have dbs do it. He's the best and it'll probably help resale value if it's advertised that he was the one that did it. Then again I'm pretty impatient too lol. How's the range on it?

Take a look at mod video on the FPVcustoms site i was nervous of trying it till i seen his video on there
Well worth a look

Take a look at mod video on the FPVcustoms site i was nervous of trying it till i seen his video on there
Well worth a look
Cool thanks !! I thought it would be the same as the inspire mod but the p3 looks to be all plug and play . The video I watched from dbs had some extra stuff being done and that is what scared me but now it does look pretty easy . Actually easier than the p2v+ mod.

to much trouble, tie a thread to the end of the factory cable, pull it through, tie same thread to new cable and pull it through,,, that easy,,,, MAYBE?

Tested my FPVCustoms unit today.
As mentioned before, I'm more interested in the penetration through trees, not the ridiculous long range seen by others.

I was able to fly away 2000ft and descend down below thick trees to 5-8ft off the ground and still have a good signal. And that's what I was looking for, so I'm satisfied. I have no need to fly out 3+miles for nothing. But that's just me....Could I have gone farther? Sure, but like I said I have no need for that. I enjoy shooting things around me and have more flight time.

* I always fly in secluded areas, like out in the middle of BFE, no one around....nothing around. Like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're enjoying the new setup! ;)

I was going to go for another range test over Lake Michigan today but wimped out because it was 20+ mile an hour winds. Ended up just cruising along the shoreline and taking some sunset shots

I have installed FPVLR advanced kit and only got approx 9000feet. Really disappointed with it today. Maybe the reason is I was located below High voltage power lines.
I will try tomorrow

I have installed FPVLR advanced kit and only got approx 9000feet. Really disappointed with it today. Maybe the reason is I was located below High voltage power lines.
I will try tomorrow

Yeah either you have the antennas pointed the wrong way, your wiring is wrong, or you are in a high interference zone. You should get atleast 11000' no issues.

Yeah either you have the antennas pointed the wrong way, your wiring is wrong, or you are in a high interference zone. You should get atleast 11000' no issues.

does it matter if you swap wires from the booster to the connectors on your remote
did upgrade according to the video on youtube

does it matter if you swap wires from the booster to the connectors on your remote
did upgrade according to the video on youtube

As far as I'm aware there's only 1 way to set it up so that the chords have the proper reach to do what they need to do.

I don't really understand your question

As far as I'm aware there's only 1 way to set it up so that the chords have the proper reach to do what they need to do.

I don't really understand your question

I have modify my remote and install two connectors (connector 1 and connector2) and secure them for remote controller
After that I have installed antenna and connect antenna to the boosters (bolster 1 and booster 2)
From booster no1 I have connected cord to the remote controller connector 1
From booster no2 I have connected cord to the remote controller connector 2

Is there any difference if I swap cord from booster no1 to connector no2 and from booster no2 to connector no 1

I still don't understand what you are saying. :/

I'm sure if you watched a video you probably have it right and it's just an error of not pointing the controller the right way

Reactions: NorPilot
From what I'm seeing the advanced has the boosters and the basic is just upgrading the antenna.Is that Right?
With the basic kit will the controller still fit in a case? is the antenna easily removable to store in case?

From what I'm seeing the advanced has the boosters and the basic is just upgrading the antenna.Is that Right?
With the basic kit will the controller still fit in a case? is the antenna easily removable to store in case?

Yeah advanced kit contains 2 amps and a booster, normal kit just has the antennas.

Some people can fit the advanced modded controllers in a case. I personally couldn't, so I carry my controller around in a second bag. It's going to be a pain when I fly to Vegas next month with it.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437037862.384715.jpg
installing mine now

My controller beeping without stopping. Its says " poor signal " on the app. Any idea whats the problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31