My Experiences with FPVLR Advanced Kit, P3 [3.5 Mile Video] [UPDATE]

209$ For both the itelite antenna and installation from dbsmods.com. They only way to go in my opinion. 5+ mile range!! Happy safe flying everyone!!

Yes, but if you check this thread on that setup, Itelite antenna, its yielding very disappointing results for a lot of people.

....People who aren't trying to selling you one. ha! (real world results)

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/dbs-mods-anyone-got-it.48575/

As I mentioned in the thread, its disappointing, because the setup looked promising. But I guess not.....

Personally I think the powered boosters on the FPVLR setup makes the difference in reliability between the 2 setups. The DBS setup is just the antenna with no boosters.

Last edited:
Yes, but if you check this thread on that setup, Itelite antenna, its yielding very disappointing results for a lot of people.

As I mentioned in the thread, its disappointing, because the setup looked promising. But I guess not.....

Personally I think the powered boosters on the FPVLR setup makes the difference in reliability between the 2 setups. The DBS setup is just the antenna with no boosters.

Regardless of what antenna configuration you use, you can use amps on them so neither have an advantage in that respect

I would be careful about spreading misinformation like you did on the other thread.
Have you got a problem with DBS? Why start negativity because a couple of individuals could not get added range. Why ignore the people who got added range?

The antenna was only shipped out 2 days ago and you are claiming a lot of peoples real world results? Most people are waiting to get it and install it.

I have had the antenna few days longer as I am in europe - 20,000 feet is not poor without bossters on my third flight. If I can get 20,000 feet and the signal was still full bars it is not likely that there is a problem with the antenna design. It is compact, elegant and priced sensibly.

I do not work for DBS - I am only trying to be fair to a chap who has designed a useful antenna for this community

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I would be careful about spreading misinformation like you did on the other thread.
Have you got a problem with DBS? Why start negativity because a couple of individuals could not get added range. Why ignore the people who got added range?

The antenna was only shipped out 2 days ago and you are claiming a lot of peoples real world results? Most people are waiting to get it and install it.

I have had the antenna few days longer as I am in europe - 20,000 feet is not poor without bossters on my third flight. If I can get 20,000 feet and the signal was still full bars it is not likely that there is a problem with the antenna design. It is compact, elegant and priced sensibly.

I do not work for DBS - I am only trying to be fair to a chap who has designed a useful antenna for this community
It seems some people have a personal agenda and are not looking to spread honest and fair information. Perhaps they are a vendor for another guys antennas. I don't work for DBS nor am I vendor. I have tried just about everybody's products. I simply want the best available equipment at a reasonable price. The DBS it elite antenna worked amazing on my p2v+ and I also was one of the first to have FPVLR bird side dipoles and the combination of those two products together were and still are amazing on the p2v+. And now I'm pumped to be getting a DBS it elite antenna for my p3. There is nothing better than when hard work and innovation pays off and those people should be rewarded . if its necessary for you to bend the truth just so you'll sell a couple more units of a certain product than maybe you need to try going something else with your time . sorry for I'm off my soapbox now and time to go fly and have some fun. Happy safe adventures to everyone.

Tony with fpvlr has my remote now for my matrice 100. With dual battery setup my goal is distance and i cant wait. Grew tired of the inspire so i sold it. I also get tired of the negitive comments here and on long range videos. People are being safe. Freaking grow a set and shut up. Little men or women like to be dominated. They will crack down no matter what. FAA can just take one of their clowns out with a quad and cause some troulble around an airport on purpose to get restrictions placed on us. Thats just how it works.

Just a quick update for anyone still interested in this stuff.

I ended up selling my P3 controller with FPVLR advanced kit (I also had to sell my entire P3 setup in the process as nobody wanted just the controller, at the price I was asking).

For me, the controller was too cumbersome. I like to get out in the field and start flying immediately with the least amount of assembly required, and the main issues I had with the FPVLR kit were:

1) Size - I had to have a separate carry bag because they wouldn't fit in any of my phantom bags. This is especially troublesome when I want to have one carry-on case for flying on airlines.
2) Booster charging - For me, having to come in after each flight and charge a tablet, batteries, a controller, and a booster was too much. I prefer the stock setup with less wires and work required to get flying.
3) Purpose - Other than having fun trying for world distance records, there's no real reason to need to go past 2 miles in my opinion, which can be done with a stock setup.
4) Cost - For $324 with self-install or $524 with paid install, it was a huge chunk of change.

I'm not yet sure if I'll be testing the itelites because most of the stuff I've heard has been disappointing. I think my next step is those DIY tin foil cut out antenna boosters.

Cheers to anyone still reading this thread. Feel free to keep questions and discussion coming.

Reactions: rigor
27400 feet should not disappointing

Speeded up video of me flying my P3 with DBS. Compact fits in my p3 backpack - no assembly or disassembly

27400 feet should not disappointing

Speeded up video of me flying my P3 with DBS. Compact fits in my p3 backpack - no assembly or disassembly

you're one of the only people I've seen who has had positive results with DBS :p

you're one of the only people I've seen who has had positive results with DBS :p
I installed my DBS yesterday with very positive results. Doubled my range and it now punches through area's where it use to get hit with weak RC and HD feed.

I also do 4+ km with my DBS. Before I got max 1 km.

Mohan: is that made in Dashware? Can you share the gauges or template? also, what is the red/green line below the numbers?

I also do 4+ km with my DBS. Before I got max 1 km.

Mohan: is that made in Dashware? Can you share the gauges or template? also, what is the red/green line below the numbers?

Dashware yes..Well I wrote the red / green gauge I only did it upto 13000 feet. You will notice it will go left to right until 13000 feet and change colour and also on the way back from 13,000 feet down. Shoot me a pm with your email and I will sen any gauges you are interested in

I just purchased the Itelite antenna for my P3P, have been using one on my P2V3 since they came out. Very happy with it and it should fit in the hard case for P3 without removing the antenna.
How much range you getting on the p2v3 with ite's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20