My Experiences with FPVLR Advanced Kit, P3 [3.5 Mile Video] [UPDATE]

haha honestly I don't even know what I used. I just grabbed a bunch of toolkits my dad had lying around and kept trying stuff until it worked.

this is the video I watched, I believe he goes over the tools:

Can you buy extra battery pack for the booster? Like the phantom can get multiple battery for more flight time instead charging after two flights?

You mean you can down grade from advance kit to normal on the go?
Share some pictures please

Yeah all you do is swap the wires around.

Here is what the wiring looks like from the back:

then you just unplug the copper looking wires and swap them with the black wires from the antenna, here's a pic of removing the copper-looking ones:

and here's a diagram of what swaps:

did another flight, 3.5 miles there and back returned with 17% battery.

sadly all my logs are corrupt because my app shut down on me :(

Last edited:
Video?? bad too?

I have both the video from the P3, and also a screen recording from the Nvidia shield.

But why anyone would want to watch 3.5 miles of boring flying is beyond me :p

I have both the video from the P3, and also a screen recording from the Nvidia shield.

But why anyone would want to watch 3.5 miles of boring flying is beyond me :p
Throw a little music on it and speed it up-- always interesting.:D:D

Throw a little music on it and speed it up-- always interesting.:D:D

alright man, for you, today, I will do this.

it will be a little bit, as I have to load it up and edit n such. I'll post back when it's done.

Reactions: bobmyers
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436160865.779279.jpg

I do the same depending on the range required. The other day I didn't need the boosters so rewired and bypassed the boosters. Attached is a pic of the unit using the boosters.

Apologies for the poor image due bad lighting and shooting with the iPad but here is the underside with boosters visible.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436181674.604495.jpg

Reactions: rigor
did you need to also mod the P3 antenna to get the FPVLR long range antenna to work?

I really don't understand how it can work with circular polarization on the FPVLR antenna on the transmitter side and the usual straight wires antenna on the P3 side...

Maher

If you watch the install video you will see p3 antennas are no longer used after installing this mod

Does anyone know if there is any prob ordering this mod to the uk before i place my order
ive just got one in the uk, i had no problems at all but when it arrived i had to pay £25 tax before they could make delivery, i just did that online the post office send you all the details.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub