Mounting Thermal Payload

Reaction score
I have a FLIR DUO R thermal camera and I have a way to physically mount it onto my Phantom 4.
However, my mount blocks the the downward facing ultrasonic range finder and I am pretty sure that this is resulting in my P4 not knowing it's altitude and making the flight unstable. I want to confirm that my suspicions are correct and it's not just the weight of my payload causing these issues but blocking the sensors which is. Also what is the best flight mode for flying with payload, especially if it will be flown indoors?

Also, what are some methods or hacks for streaming the thermal image back to ground?
The FLIR DUO R has an HDMI port and a mini usb port which I believe can output analog video.
Right now I'm using a HDMI sender/receiver, however the range isn't good enough for me to continue using.

I had a device mounted between the landing gear and it seem to function fine until I tried to bring it down it would not come down on its own then I realized the sensors were on turn them all off and everything was back to fine
Can't save this is what you're experiencing but maybe worth a shot

Reactions: abhishekraol
Perhaps try turn off the lower Vision Sensors in the app settings? Height above take off is determined by the barometer (air pressure)- but the VPS also affects flight in the last 7 Meters from memory, so may help..

Reactions: abhishekraol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31