Motor malfunctioning after switching another motor

Reaction score
Alright, so I crashed my DJI phantom 2. One of the motors acted weird so I decided to switch it. After switching both motor and ESC, another motor is now malfunctioning (i.e. not starting at all).

Anyone with a good guess at what might have happened? There is power going to the ESC at the malfunctioning motor, it just simply not starting.

Any guess/help is appreciated
// Regards Sven

Attachments

• IMG_5874.JPG
    IMG_5874.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 357
Alright, so I crashed my DJI phantom 2. One of the motors acted weird so I decided to switch it. After switching both motor and ESC, another motor is now malfunctioning (i.e. not starting at all).

Anyone with a good guess at what might have happened? There is power going to the ESC at the malfunctioning motor, it just simply not starting.

Any guess/help is appreciated
// Regards Sven

More than likely the ESC module was at fault and not the motor. The photo is of very little help in the diagnosing any problems you may be having.

More than likely the ESC module was at fault and not the motor. The photo is of very little help in the diagnosing any problems you may be having.
Which ESC module? I switched the motor and ESC module, but then another wing motor decided not to work

Which ESC module? I switched the motor and ESC module, but then another wing motor decided not to work

It's highly unlikely for these motors to go bad unless something is jammed in it like sand, a long screw, shorted coil or bad bearings. Changing both the motor and ESC to a new location didn't prove if the motor was good or bad. While changing just the motor would have told you the motor was ok and the ESC module had a problem.

It's highly unlikely for these motors to go bad unless something is jammed in it like sand, a long screw, shorted coil or bad bearings. Changing both the motor and ESC to a new location didn't prove if the motor was good or bad. While changing just the motor would have told you the motor was ok and the ESC module had a problem.
Hm, not sure if I've explained myself good enough. I ordered a new motor and ESC module. Switched the bad motor at one wing. When I turned on my DJI the motor was working flawless. Though another wing motor suddenly didn't work.

Hm, not sure if I've explained myself good enough. I ordered a new motor and ESC module. Switched the bad motor at one wing. When I turned on my DJI the motor was working flawless. Though another wing motor suddenly didn't work.

Did you replace stock motor from DJI and which motor did you buy 2212 or 2312??

Did you replace stock motor from DJI and which motor did you buy 2212 or 2312??

There is only one way to know which original stock motors that are install on your P2 as the 2312 ccw motors have a solid black shaft and the 2212 ccw have only a black dot on the end of the shaft. Those motors cannot be mixed.

Hi again, thanks for all replies! I ordered a 2212 from HeliPal.com (i.e. not DJI)

I just think it's weird how one fully functional motor at one wing stopped working when I switched the malfunctioning one on another wing

Hi again, thanks for all replies! I ordered a 2212 from HeliPal.com (i.e. not DJI)

I just think it's weird how one fully functional motor at one wing stopped working when I switched the malfunctioning one on another wing

Once you receive the motor and install it check M1 through M4 both on the main board and ESC modules that they are plugged in .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic