Motor & ESC/Centreboard inspection

Thanks for the heads up guys! I definitely don't have the confidence to start manually stripping coated winding wire so will deal with the joints on the board - luckily they look top quality so should be simple to just swap up. Never worked with the sealant before so will check up some videos on how best to free the wires and reseal the new ones, any top tips I need to bear in mind?
forget about the sealant, just solder them back on and once done pour a little bit of hot glue on top of all connections so they stay in place with vibrations while flying.

Cheeers, all soldered in, wires glued - and they start up and sound good!! First test flight tomorrow but I think I'm in the clear. Thanks all XD

In an unnecessary rush I've made a stupid error and killed my P3A - persistent ESC errors despite all the standard troubleshooting. The story is: after some routine maintenance I used the wrong screws (too long) to mount the motors, I assume the majority of the damage was done when trying to power up the motors (which is did more than once or twice....I know, colossally dumb) and they were jammed in place by the screws poking up into the housing.

Anyways I'm looking at my options for repair & replacement and I've read that the P3A centreboard is integrated with the ESC's on the P3's - so if I can confirm that I've only destroyed the motors I could save myself some cash as full board replacement looks pretty pricey.

Any advice out there for how to diagnose the extent of damage to the motors & ESC/centreboard? I assume visual inspection will be insufficient, where / what measurements can I use to confirm failure at different points?

Thanks in advance - this forum (and the community at large) has been really useful so far!!

Anyways I'm looking at my options for repair & replacement and I've read that the P3A centreboard is integrated with the ESC's on the P3's - so if I can confirm that I've only destroyed the motors I could save myself some cash as full board replacement looks pretty pricey.

Any advice out there for how to diagnose the extent of damage to the motors & ESC/centreboard? I assume visual inspection will be insufficient, where / what measurements can I use to confirm failure at different points?

Thanks in advance - this forum (and the community at large) has been really useful so far!![/QUOTE]

Duuuuude, you are not alone. I did the SAME THING last week and literally felt like someone died. I was so bummed. I bought all 4 new motors and installed them. I have no way of knowing if the ESC is fried because it looks fine visually. The lights appear to show that I am ready by solid red in front and green in rear. I think I need to re-pair the controller due to the green flashing faster than normal. I am optimistic and will be so **** proud of myself if this bird fly's again because motor replacement is so intimidating. I bought another bird in mint condition on ebay just in case. Only $125 for the craft alone. Well worth it considering the time I have already spent in my shop working on mine. Check em out, It might cost as much as buying new motors and ESC! Thank's to fellow pilot @Oso for sending me to your thread here. I will post a link to eBay where I bought my replacement. They are reputable and looks like they have more craft's for sale in "mint condition" Good luck!
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone (QUADCOPTER ONLY) MINT CONDITION | eBay

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl