More channels hack

Dear Pilots,

I have installed this configuration file and the changes became effective without a hitch. Here is what I have observed in an iPhone 5s that was recently updated to iOS 9. I have used this device often as a backup to my iPad and have never experienced video degradation and seldom loss of signal. After this configuration change and leaving the channels selection on 'auto' instead of 'manual', I have noticed intermittent but significant video feed degradation and several instances of 'loss of signal' despite having full HD and RC signal strength. RC control of the aircraft was never compromised. Again the other variable here is the iOS update. Thoughts?
Many thanks in advance.
*UPDATE* Seems like iOS 9 might be the culprit so I am updating to 9.0.1 now and will report back.

*Update* (09/24/2015) Updated the OS and the video problem persists. I'm assuming that the forum members that have installed the 32 channel configuration option did not experience the degradation as a result of that change. Is that a safe assumption?
Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Albert

Last edited:
Ok, found the DJI folder on my galaxy note 4 but there is no orig. config file in the data folder......Its empty. when I try to add the config file to the folder it somehow deletes it after plugging in to my RC......No file to over write the folder is empty. Whats up??

Last edited:
I have been flying lately on channel 32 because I've never seen any traffic there. Today I was flying with wifi on my tablet enabled for the first time (and tethered to my phone). And it worked perfectly, no interference or degradation of signal even well beyond 2 miles. I am sticking to channel 32!

Reactions: damoncooper
Update the app to 2.3.0 and /dji.pilot directory is gone along with the hack. Pls advise?

Has anyone in the UK ever go this channel hack to work on an Android device? I've followed the instructions and still can't access custom channels.

I've seen that you can change location on your Apple device but is there a similar workaround for Android?

Has anyone in the UK ever go this channel hack to work on an Android device? I've followed the instructions and still can't access custom channels.

I've seen that you can change location on your Apple device but is there a similar workaround for Android?
UK or Uganda does not mater which country u r you need to set your android tablet default settings to US and then it works.

UK or Uganda does not mater which country u r you need to set your android tablet default settings to US and then it works.

Cheers. I've looked all through the settings on my Android device (LG G3) though and can't see how to set it to US?

It is the language that you have to change not the location. Change it to English (US) and you can see the Auto / custom.

Reactions: Pablo1981
It is the language that you have to change not the location. Change it to English (US) and you can see the Auto / custom.

You little beauty! That's sorted it. Many thanks.

Now I just have to suffer the indignity of US spelling. :p

Reactions: jryser
I am actually experiencing worse results: a lot more signal loss and lower range... :(

So basically what i've noticed was that even if you do a 32 channel hack, it will show 32 channels in your app. However, if you pay attention you will see that your "current channel" will bounce only between 13-20 channel which makes me wonder of use of other channels. Aren't they redundant in this case?

So basically what i've noticed was that even if you do a 32 channel hack, it will show 32 channels in your app. However, if you pay attention you will see that your "current channel" will bounce only between 13-20 channel which makes me wonder of use of other channels. Aren't they redundant in this case?

You have to choose Manual selection. If you do not, Automatic will only select channels between 13-20.

The problem is I can not select manual because it's grey and can not be chosen.

Sorry, probably a dumb question but does is this working with the Go App. and Apple device (iPhone 6) ? Thanks, I've read but am a little confused and haven't done this before.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor