More channels hack

I have tried adding the "config" file to the correct folder on my tablet, but I am still limited to the default channels. I'm in a congested area, so it would be nice to have the options. Maybe I went to the wrong link? I opened a copy of the config file in notepad, and it was empty, but I expected to see unreadable characters or something. Anyone got any ideas?

You must use "English US" as language. Any other kind of English variant don't work to have back the ability to select AUTO or MANUEL channel selection. Sometimes it is grayed or not shown at all.
That worked for me.

Reactions: Andrea
You must use "English US" as language. Any other kind of English variant don't work to have back the ability to select AUTO or MANUEL channel selection. Sometimes it is grayed or not shown at all.
That worked for me.
First, I'm already in the US and have that option set. Second, I never said it was "grayed out," I said I was limited to the default channels, that the "hack" or mood or whatever didn't change anything. I tried downloading the rar file again, maybe something happened when I un-compressed it. (I don't see why it needed to be compressed anyway). So I will try it again. Like I said in my first post, when I opened a copy of the config file, it was empty. I went to the same link that was posted earlier. Also, should I take the file out of the folder it comes in before I put it into the "android\data\dji.pilot\files" folder? ( not sure if I wrote the complete path here, but when I transferred it before I had written the path down from the instructions at the link.)

Reactions: Mordor
That worked for me.
Yeah that's the trick, changing the language to English US made the hack work.
I'm on nexus 7 2nd, Android 5something and live in Italy.
Adding the config file only is not enough, if I don't select the proper language DJI GO doesn't show me the "AUTO/CUSTOM" buttons in the channel settings page.

First, I'm already in the US and have that option set. Second, I never said it was "grayed out," I said I was limited to the default channels, that the "hack" or mood or whatever didn't change anything. I tried downloading the rar file again, maybe something happened when I un-compressed it. (I don't see why it needed to be compressed anyway). So I will try it again. Like I said in my first post, when I opened a copy of the config file, it was empty. I went to the same link that was posted earlier. Also, should I take the file out of the folder it comes in before I put it into the "android\data\dji.pilot\files" folder? ( not sure if I wrote the complete path here, but when I transferred it before I had written the path down from the instructions at the link.)
Sorry didn't refresh the page before answering, so I was not answering to you in fact.
The file should definitively not be empty. Is it zero length? I would retry the download.
Having it in a rar file is useless from compression point of view but should help to insure integrity of the file I would say.

The file "looks" empty, but there is binary code in there. Looks like 4 or 5 little squares. It's not empty.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Changing the language to US it definitely make the Auto / Custom shown up but even adding the file as per instruction I am only able to select channels 13 to 20 but I cannot see the rest, 21 to 32.

What I really think I need is a DJI Go app downloaded in the US but I cannot find an archive to try it out.

Any ideas please?

Just installed an old firmware 1.07 and this was downloaded from a US archive. I do see the 32 channels but when I do update the app, although I see the Auto / Custom buttons I can only select from 13 to 20.

I don't think 1.07 had removed those channels yet. What file are you adding to the tablet though iTunes?

I have deleted all files, downloaded the files again and now after 3 days playing all channels are shown up and can select them. I really do not know what I did different this time but it is working now.

I upgraded from Pilot 1.0.10 (which didn't support the 32 channel hack) to GO 2.1 which does. Still not sure that I have as good range with the new setup (including FW 1.4.0010) but at least the 32 channels work.

Litchi has 31 channels with auto select and it seems to be a much stronger consistent signal than using manual 32 channel hack. Works great for far out flights!

That's great to hear and I noticed their channel feature. I installed Lichi and tested on the ground and it looked great. But in the field I couldn't get it to play nice with Go so ended up temporarily uninstalling. Testing it is next on my list. I should be able to finally do a couple of flights that require ascending more than 500m above take-off.

one problem I had with this "hack" was when I transferred to the file from my PC to my tablet, the "." in front the file name ".dji.configs" was removed some how. Once I put the "." back in the front of the file name it worked fine... Although, it still only allows channels 13 thru 20 in "auto" mode :(

Is that Litchi app free or do they charge for it?

The file "looks" empty, but there is binary code in there. Looks like 4 or 5 little squares. It's not empty.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. I re-downloaded the file, and this time I put just the file itself (and not the folder it was enclosed in) onto my tablet. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I also downloaded Litchi, but that, too hasn't been tested until I have time. Hope the weather is good tomorrow, because I have to get going early on Saturday to drive from Charleston to Camden, SC for a big hiking event that I want to record. Might even get a chance to try Litchi on the hike!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello