Mission Planner (FPV Camera – iOS Waypoints App) Available Now

See attached Screen shots
All were down within seconds of each other; Apple Maps and Google Maps show the correct location - FPV Camera does not. Once again this wasn't an issue with the paid version - but when I loaded the bata it replaced it.
We will investigate the issue, and see if anything we can do from the app level.

I agree this is noticeable on my mission as well. The P3P seems to slow down or pause at each waypoint then accelerate to the next. Can the transition through the waypoint be more fluid? My corner was set to L. Speed 20 mph. I also saw legs on a few turns.

We suggest to set the Speed lower than 28 km/h as stated in the document. DJI flight controller seems not handling high speed corner turn very well. If you need to speed up from one target to another, you may use RC pitch forward when flying straight. Can you open the Flight Log to share a screenshot?

You can save the mission as another file name with slower speed, and give it a try again.

The poster i quoted above also reports the same with a speed of 32 km/h with large corners.
I will try with lower speed and large corners but i think its a bit uncalled for to state that DJI flight controller cant handle high speed corners. Surely both Airnest and Litchi uses the same and the corners are more fluid in those apps.

Sorry i havent purchased flight log only fpv goggles which claims i have to buy it again. :)

yeah, i saved it as a new file with lower speed already.

EDIT: Purchased flight log (seems to be free during beta) but what info/pic do you want?
I can see that in almost all wp:s the speed goes down to below 20 km/h and even below 10 km/h in some of them. Is this intended with medium corners?

Last edited:
The poster i quoted above also reports the same with a speed of 32 km/h with large corners.
I will try with lower speed and large corners but i think its a bit uncalled for to state that DJI flight controller cant handle high speed corners. Surely both Airnest and Litchi uses the same and the corners are more fluid in those apps.

Sorry i havent purchased flight log only fpv goggles which claims i have to buy it again. :)

yeah, i saved it as a new file with lower speed already.

EDIT: Purchased flight log (seems to be free during beta) but what info/pic do you want?
I can see that in almost all wp:s the speed goes down to below 20 km/h and even below 10 km/h in some of them. Is this intended with medium corners?
I want to see the flight path of a zoomed in target and corners. DJI flight controller may slow down at corners depending on many factors, such angle, radius, speed, distance between waypoints. I believe it's the same on DJI GO and other apps.

See attached Screen shots
All were down within seconds of each other; Apple Maps and Google Maps show the correct location - FPV Camera does not. Once again this wasn't an issue with the paid version - but when I loaded the bata it replaced it.
There is a GPS accuracy setting in Google Map SDK and we now changed it to the same accuracy as in Camera. The fix will be included in the next update.

Reactions: Brutaly
I want to see the flight path of a zoomed in target and corners. DJI flight controller may slow down at corners depending on many factors, such angle, radius, speed, distance between waypoints. I believe it's the same on DJI GO and other apps.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812143.059090.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812159.076325.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812172.804093.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812230.385868.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812244.653718.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812264.712704.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812280.233853.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446812296.391620.jpg

Here are some pics and the copter breaks to well below 20km/h even on very moderate turns. In one of the 45 degree turns tis below 10km/h.

There is a GPS accuracy setting in Google Map SDK and we now changed it to the same accuracy as in Camera. The fix will be included in the next update.

Thank you for being so responsive, not only to my minor issues but in general all you have to do is look back through this thread and see if someone posted a comment your were quick to respond to everyone - thats a job in itself I'm sure :) Thank you once again for creating the App and for the outstanding support.

-Jimmy

Reactions: PVFlyer
View attachment 35182View attachment 35183View attachment 35184View attachment 35185View attachment 35186View attachment 35187View attachment 35188View attachment 35189
Here are some pics and the copter breaks to well below 20km/h even on very moderate turns. In one of the 45 degree turns tis below 10km/h.
Per your flight log screenshots, the Corner setting seems pretty straight.

You may take a look of the OP flight log with (L)arge corner with flight log replay.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.PNG
    IMG_0127.PNG
    6.3 MB · Views: 297
Again, weak or lost signal or loss of FPV has nothing to do with the autonomous flight, right? If RTH is set, will it will return home regardless of signal strength. What will happen if you are totally obstructed or out of range of the RC at the end of a mission and you have it set to Hover, you have no signal, so will it just hover and run out of battery? May sound weird, but could happen.

LOVE this App!! Finally what I've been looking for. Everything else has disappointed me badly. Here's a video I took on only, I believe, was my 3rd flight with it. It flew out and around Alcatraz providing beautiful video and it would have been a lot better if I'd actually put time into the flight plan setup, shot setup, filters, etc... but I really only spent maybe 2 or 3 minutes on the route setup...

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=REJsd2d1Sk9mOXg3VXBORDByWjlnem1KM1k1b2NB

(Silly you can't embed from Google Photo's or Google Drive. If I'm wrong please let me know.)

Info: P3P, iPad Mini2 LTE

Based on my limited experience here are my feature requests and a few issues I've had: (If these are repeats sorry, I don't have time to read this whole string. Additionally if the feature does exist and I just don't know about it; my apologies... I just didn't know.)

1. Waypoint to waypoint variable speed. I know I can use the stick to slow down or speed up but that method is far from precise and if it does go out of radio range or has a temporary interruption then it's useless. My use case specifically is if I want to get to an orbit location quickly or my subject path is a distance out and I don't want to waste time and battery going there slow. I'd rather get there quickly then have it automatically slow down to a specific speed for smooth video.
  2. Several times now I've realized that I screwed up in my waypoint planning and wanted to either redirect or maybe just change what the camera is looking at but since I'm in a target waypoint mission I can't "look around" other than to tilt. Couldn't you add a feature that, like the tilt, could override the yaw commands temporarily to do what's needed then give control back to the app when done?
  3. Building on 2, I want to add a waypoint during the mission. This I'm sure would be more complicated but I'd like to stop the mission, add a waypoint then resume the mission from the nearest waypoint. Right now if I stop a mission I can't resume it, whether or not I've added a waypoint. Which begs a question, why would I be able to stop a mission and not be able to resume it? There's a resume button but I've not been able to get it to work. I'm assuming because I stopped the mission by switching out of "F" and back. Since this is the first instinctual thing to do is there a way to make it work?
  4. I've had the app crash right after waypoint #1 and the P3P continues on, that's good as long as you fully trust your planning. In my case I resumed the app and watched the P3P move but since it was no longer linked to the planned mission I couldn't see where it was planned to go next and therefore my confidence was gone and I was forced to abort. It would have been nice to have the P3P link back to the mission it was flying prior to the crash. This my be wishful thinking I realize. I've attached my crash flight log.... Oops... I can't. Where are they located? I'm looking in iTunes at the FPV Camera folder but don't see logs and the Logs in the DJI app don't seem to apply.
  5. Camera Controls! ;-) Also, please make the Recording indicator bigger and more obvious that it's recording or more importantly that it's NOT recording. I missed an incredible shot because I forgot to press the record button and since it wasn't planned (what happened in front of the camera) I can't just go back and do it again. My fault but an indicator my have helped my absent mindedness....
Keep up the good work. I'll definitely be buying this one! ;-)

Craig

1. Waypoint to waypoint variable speed. I know I can use the stick to slow down or speed up but that method is far from precise and if it does go out of radio range or has a temporary interruption then it's useless. My use case specifically is if I want to get to an orbit location quickly or my subject path is a distance out and I don't want to waste time and battery going there slow. I'd rather get there quickly then have it automatically slow down to a specific speed for smooth video.
  2. Several times now I've realized that I screwed up in my waypoint planning and wanted to either redirect or maybe just change what the camera is looking at but since I'm in a target waypoint mission I can't "look around" other than to tilt. Couldn't you add a feature that, like the tilt, could override the yaw commands temporarily to do what's needed then give control back to the app when done?
  3. Building on 2, I want to add a waypoint during the mission. This I'm sure would be more complicated but I'd like to stop the mission, add a waypoint then resume the mission from the nearest waypoint. Right now if I stop a mission I can't resume it, whether or not I've added a waypoint. Which begs a question, why would I be able to stop a mission and not be able to resume it? There's a resume button but I've not been able to get it to work. I'm assuming because I stopped the mission by switching out of "F" and back. Since this is the first instinctual thing to do is there a way to make it work?
  4. I've had the app crash right after waypoint #1 and the P3P continues on, that's good as long as you fully trust your planning. In my case I resumed the app and watched the P3P move but since it was no longer linked to the planned mission I couldn't see where it was planned to go next and therefore my confidence was gone and I was forced to abort. It would have been nice to have the P3P link back to the mission it was flying prior to the crash. This my be wishful thinking I realize. I've attached my crash flight log.... Oops... I can't. Where are they located? I'm looking in iTunes at the FPV Camera folder but don't see logs and the Logs in the DJI app don't seem to apply.
  5. Camera Controls! ;-) Also, please make the Recording indicator bigger and more obvious that it's recording or more importantly that it's NOT recording. I missed an incredible shot because I forgot to press the record button and since it wasn't planned (what happened in front of the camera) I can't just go back and do it again. My fault but an indicator my have helped my absent mindedness....
Keep up the good work. I'll definitely be buying this one! ;-)

Craig
Get back to your questions below.
1. This is limited by DJI firmware and flight controller. I think you can set lower speed mission, then speed up flying to your targets by RC pitch forward.
2. This is also limited by DJI firmware and flight controller.
3. Once a mission is uploaded to P3, you cannot add/change/delete waypoints. However, you can abort (Stop) the mission, make some changes then upload (Start) again. I experienced to upload a mission from 1.5km away successfully, but also failed to do so from 1.8km away, though it's not recommended.
4. Which version# beta did you crash? We just released a new update #3018 today. If app crashed, you may re-launch the app and open the same mission, and it should continue.
5. There is an "Auto Recording" option in Settings menu. It starts/stops video recording automatically when turning on/off motor. This is a handy feature to avoid forgetting start/stop video recording. This option works in conjunction with camera is in video mode.

Per your flight log screenshots, the Corner setting seems pretty straight.

You may take a look of the OP flight log with (L)arge corner with flight log replay.
Here is the settings for the mission, at medium. You mean my corners should be more round in medium and/or try again in large mode?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446833246.013914.jpg

1. This is limited by DJI firmware and flight controller. I think you can set lower speed mission, then speed up flying to your targets by RC pitch forward.
3. Once a mission is uploaded to P3, you cannot add/change/delete waypoints. However, you can abort (Stop) the mission, make some changes then upload (Start) again. I experienced to upload a mission from 1.5km away successfully, but also failed to do so from 1.8km away, though it's not recommended.
4. Which version# beta did you crash? We just released a new update #3018 today. If app crashed, you may re-launch the app and open the same mission, and it should continue.
5. There is an "Auto Recording" option in Settings menu. It starts/stops video recording automatically when turning on/off motor. This is a handy feature to avoid forgetting start/stop video recording. This option works in conjunction with camera is in video mode.

It was the last version. Downloaded several days ago. I'll update. Thanks!

BTW, totally understand the limitations DJI is putting on the SDK. Too bad. Hopefully they'll open it up soon. Heck their original GS had all those features several years ago. Looking forward to it.

Sorry, one more comment: "Auto Recording" yes I was aware of this and yes it is handy but I don't want it to be automatic all the time and truthfully I just don't trust it all the time. Last thing I want to do is assume it's working and then have it come back and not be... then I blame you guys. Not good PR... but regardless of that, even if it does work 100% of the time and it's totally reliable I still would like to have an indicator that stands out more and says "HEY, I'M WORKING" or "nothin going on here" so either way I'm reminded of my video status.

Just a suggestion for forgetful people and/or folks that want an easy, more obvious, status reminder. Not any kind of deal killer for me. Just a suggestion.

I managed to crash the app again. Same as before. I was setting up waypoints after having set up targets.I'm running the newest version I think because it has an email option on the Review pane. The mission wasn't saved before it crashed so there isn't thing to send you. Is there any way I can get you something that would be useful?

Also, when I forget to switch into F mode the and say start the error message needs to be more to the point. I'm given a popup that says three things, the third one being a reference to the F mode. It needs to say TURN ON F MODE.

I managed to crash the app again. Same as before. I was setting up waypoints after having set up targets.I'm running the newest version I think because it has an email option on the Review pane. The mission wasn't saved before it crashed so there isn't thing to send you. Is there any way I can get you something that would be useful?

Also, when I forget to switch into F mode the and say start the error message needs to be more to the point. I'm given a popup that says three things, the third one being a reference to the F mode. It needs to say TURN ON F MODE.
A few suggestions to try:
- Prior creating a new mission, always go back to main page to clean up everything.
- Save mission regularly in case of app crash.

There is a checklist pop-up when tapping Start.
(1) Takeoff >5m (17ft) - tick or cross
(2) Flip to F-mode (same meaning as TURN ON F MODE, right?) - tick or cross
(3) Display Initial Height per Setup

Sorry, one more comment: "Auto Recording" yes I was aware of this and yes it is handy but I don't want it to be automatic all the time and truthfully I just don't trust it all the time. Last thing I want to do is assume it's working and then have it come back and not be... then I blame you guys. Not good PR... but regardless of that, even if it does work 100% of the time and it's totally reliable I still would like to have an indicator that stands out more and says "HEY, I'M WORKING" or "nothin going on here" so either way I'm reminded of my video status.

Just a suggestion for forgetful people and/or folks that want an easy, more obvious, status reminder. Not any kind of deal killer for me. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion. When it's recording, the recorder timer (located right at the center of the screen) is counting as an indicator, regardless you use Auto Recording or press recorder button on RC manually.

A few suggestions to try:
- Prior creating a new mission, always go back to main page to clean up everything.
- Save mission regularly in case of app crash.

There is a checklist pop-up when tapping Start.
(1) Takeoff >5m (17ft) - tick or cross
(2) Flip to F-mode (same meaning as TURN ON F MODE, right?) - tick or cross
(3) Display Initial Height per Setup
I'm trying to help. I like your app. But, if the user has to "Save mission regularly in case of app crash" that's a problem.

My point on the second issue is that the user doesn't know what the problem is. You're saying it's 1 (or more) of 3 things and the user has to figure it out. Some might think a checklist is just good practice. Maybe you should call it something else.

Again I like your app and I'm trying to help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl