Reaction score
Hey Pilots!

The SkyGrid Flight Control App has officially launched globally in the Apple App Store, and we are so excited for you to plan your next mission with us!
Download the SkyGrid Flight Control App Today! 📲 Download

Here's what you can expect when you download our FREE app:
  • Airspace map - Evaluate airspace classes, no-fly zones, and location insights to make more informed decisions before you fly.
  • Weather layers - Check local precipitation, wind speed and direction, temperature, cloud cover, and more.
  • Automated flight planning - Specify your flight parameters to automatically generate area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions.
  • Autonomous flight execution - Connect your drone and launch a mission to autonomously perform the predefined flight plan or schedule a flight for a future date.
For U.S.-based users, SkyGrid Flight Control also provides automated authorization to fly in U.S. controlled airspace under 400 feet near airports through integration with the Federal Aviation Administration's Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) 4.0.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Download the free award-winning app to launch your next mission at the click of a button!

Feel free to share any feedback directly in the forum.

Happy flying!
SkyGrid

I downloaded the app and tried setting up a rectangular flight area. It only allows for three points so the flight area is triangular. Turned on layers for wind speed and direction and it overlays the map with shaded color areas (assuming wind speed) and no apparent indication of direction. The shaded overlay has no controls for transparency.

Tried to add my phone number to my profile and it kept rejecting the code it sent in a text message. When submitting my phone number I put the area code in parentheses, so later I submitted the number without parentheses and then it accepted the code it texted me.

This interface needs a lot of work to become a usable app in my opinion. I’m using an iPhone XS running iOS 15.3.1 and to login I have to enter my email and password manually. It does not allow them to be saved to the password manager or use facial recognition. Aloft and AirMap are much more polished and usable.

Reactions: SkyGrid
Is this App only for US based pilots? It does not work in Singapore, where I am based.
Our app is available globally to drone operators.
Key features for US users:
  • Airspace map: Evaluate airspace traffic, no-fly zones, advisories, etc.
  • Weather intelligence: Check local precipitation, wind, temperature, etc.
  • FAA LAANC authorization: Get real-time flight authorization (Available for US users only)
  • Flight planner: Automatically generate waypoint or sweep missions
  • Autonomous execution: Autonomously execute missions

Key features for non-US users:

Can you give me information on what you are experiencing? Do you mind sharing screenshots or a recording of your experience with the app?

Our app is available globally to drone operators.
Key features for US users:
  • FAA LAANC authorization: Get real-time flight authorization (Available for US users only)

Key features for non-US users:

Can you give me information on what you are experiencing? Do you mind sharing screenshots or a recording of your experience with the app?
Please find attached some screen shots as suggested:
1. It does not register phone number
2. The calendar icon on left does not show up to load flight path on to the AC.
3. Airspace map and weather reports never shows up.

Attachments

• IMG_0010 (002).jpg
    IMG_0010 (002).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0011 (003).PNG
    IMG_0011 (003).PNG
    585.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0012 (002).PNG
    IMG_0012 (002).PNG
    1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0013 (002).jpg
    IMG_0013 (002).jpg
    143 KB · Views: 115
I downloaded the app and tried setting up a rectangular flight area. It only allows for three points so the flight area is triangular. Turned on layers for wind speed and direction and it overlays the map with shaded color areas (assuming wind speed) and no apparent indication of direction. The shaded overlay has no controls for transparency.

Tried to add my phone number to my profile and it kept rejecting the code it sent in a text message. When submitting my phone number I put the area code in parentheses, so later I submitted the number without parentheses and then it accepted the code it texted me.

This interface needs a lot of work to become a usable app in my opinion. I’m using an iPhone XS running iOS 15.3.1 and to login I have to enter my email and password manually. It does not allow them to be saved to the password manager or use facial recognition. Aloft and AirMap are much more polished and usable.
I am starting to get the hang of creating a work area and can now get more than three points created for waypoints, mapping, and free flight. The instruction said to draw the area, and what you really need to do is lightly tap to add a point. Keep adding points as needed then tap the first point to close the area. Once you do that you can adjust the position of any point by tap-hold-drag. When finished adjusting points you save it.

It would help to have well written instructions for the app or a link to an instructional video. I would expect well written documentation for a product coming from an aircraft manufacturer.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzoneTech
@OzoneTech

The only use for the phone number in the profile is for when a LAANC request is submitted. This is most likely the reason you cannot get the app to accept your foreign phone number.

There are no instructions stating the form the number was to be submitted in so it took me several attempts to get it to work for me. For US users submit your phone number as 10 digits without parentheses or dashes.

@OzoneTech

The only use for the phone number in the profile is for when a LAANC request is submitted. This is most likely the reason you cannot get the app to accept your foreign phone number.

There are no instructions stating the form the number was to be submitted in so it took me several attempts to get it to work for me. For US users submit your phone number as 10 digits without parentheses or dashes.
@DoomMeister
1. SkyGrid appears to have released an untested App to get feed back from users.
2. This is very unprofessional to have come from an Aircraft manufacturer.
3. In the screen shots I posted earlier, the calendar icon on left does not appear to load the flight path to the aircraft.
4. Personally I don't want to trust my drones to any software that hasn't been in use for a while and has been well tested and debugged.
5. There also is no proper documentation on this App.

Reactions: DoomMeister
@DoomMeister
1. SkyGrid appears to have released an untested App to get feed back from users.
2. This is very unprofessional to have come from an Aircraft manufacturer.
3. In the screen shots I posted earlier, the calendar icon on left does not appear to load the flight path to the aircraft.
4. Personally I don't want to trust my drones to any software that hasn't been in use for a while and has been well tested and debugged.
5. There also is no proper documentation on this App.
Probably tested by a few during beta on the iPad, but still very unpolished. The layers make no sense what so ever. I don’t have an aircraft I could even test uplink with or have it fly the mission, but I agree that I would go with a more proven product. Item 5 on your list is the biggest issue. Without proper documentation I would never trust using it with an aircraft.

I think the "Boeing" name is being tossed out there to lend credibility. Most likely Boeing is an investor and does not have oversight of development. It would be prudent to consider this a rough beta attempt at getting their foot in the door for future UTM applications.

Don’t think I’d let my name be used without living up to quality standards and lack of good documentation is poor business.

Please find attached some screen shots as suggested:
1. It does not register phone number
2. The calendar icon on left does not show up to load flight path on to the AC.
3. Airspace map and weather reports never shows up.

Is this App only for US based pilots? It does not work in Singapore, where I am based.
Thank you for providing the screenshots! I have sent your screenshots to our development team to investigate. In the meantime please the below resources:

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you for providing the screenshots! I have sent your screenshots to our development team to investigate. In the meantime please the below resources:
Thanks for these links. I looked on the main SkyGrid website and couldn’t find a link to any of this.

This type of information should be included in the app. I realize this is free, but hard to sell a paid product with this as an example.

The icons in your resource link does not show up in the App. Also I note the posts are being replied by a person not familiar and competent with the App.

Last edited:

Hi DoomMeister,
Thank you for trying out SkyGrid Flight Control! We’re sorry to hear you're having trouble with the application. We’re constantly making updates to the app, improving performance, and adding features.
  • Please see the instructions for creating a flight plan here: Creating a Flight Plan
  • In the next built being released in March, layer legends, more advanced weather insights, and more are being addressed.
  • If you reopen the app, our app keeps you logged in.
For any other inquiries about the app, please reach out to our team at [email protected] and we can work on resolving the issue for you. We really appreciate your feedback!

Thank you,
The SkyGrid Team

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31