Micro SD card downloaded, now a problem!

Reaction score
When I download my Micro SD card and try and open it I have a screen come up that says;
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.
I have edited 7-8 video's in Windows Live Movie Maker, I don't think this is my problem at all, but this has happened on my last two videos! Please help! Thanks in Advance...

Now I just deleted those attempts and loaded strait from the Vision and I still get the same thing about Windows Media Player!!!

Last edited:
Are you trying play the footage or download to a file??

VLC player seems to work for me, and it's free.
I downloaded VLC and attempting to open the file with it, I have a orange cone that is on the screen, no movement or anything telling me it is opening or converting the file, it that normal?

I use a GoPro 3+bl and download directly to a file. For playback I use Quick Time. Quick Time 7.7.6 is free but if you want all the advanced codecs you would have to purchase QT Pro. Windows media players can handle all HD footage except Ultra HD unless you want to pay for a codec which read those files using WMP.

Can you open the file from within VLC and play it?
A

No, not unless it takes a lot of time to download! I cannot see any results of anything happening. I go to Movie Maker and click on the file and click on open with VLC and nothing happens. I uninstalled VLC and loaded it back to see if it loaded the same, looks the same. Thanks

A

I just took a look at the codecs that VLC can handle and see no reason it wouldn't work on either a PC or Mac. You haven't mentioned which platform you are using nor what camera the SD card came from.

What is really throwing me for a loop is I did 5-6 video editing without any problems. I am using a 32 MB Micro SD, taking video of real estate. They all filed in a mp-4 and now it want open? Beats me!

A

Is the footage your trying to playback HD or Ultra HD? There could be the possibility that the footage on that card may be corrupt.

I am ready for a hammer! I started at 8:30 this morning and it is now 2:10 pm.and I am still where I started.

You may have the same problem that gingerbloke is having which is a corrupt sd card.

A

I am ready for a hammer! I started at 8:30 this morning and it is now 2:10 pm.and I am still where I started.

If both of you have another card and the time to do a quick flight just to see if the footage is good on those cards that is what I would do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.